- Text Size +
Never in his life had he known sadness even remotely close to this. He had lost people in his life, people he cared about more than anything, even his own uncle to cancer, shortly before the group formed, but never in his life had he felt like this. Empty, sad and totally unwilling to move on. That's how much grief Brian felt, as tears rolled down his cheeks freely. He hadn't even tried to stop them from coming. His friends were dead. Two boys that he would have done anything for. Two boys that he would have risked his own life to save. Without a doubt. They were gone. Just like that.

He moved closer to Kevin then, he took his arm and placed his head against it, tears still running down his face. Kevin placed his free hand over his cousin's head, caressing his hair. He was beyond words. They all were. Howie was in the arms of an older woman, the same one who claimed she pulled a silent alarm. The robbers had come by to break them up but they let her stay to comfort the boy. Everyone was eerily quiet. Taking in what had just happened.

Jordan towered over them all with a smug smile on his face, gloating about his kill. At first he tried to ignore it, tried to act like he wasn't there at all, but eventually, Kevin could no longer sit still and quiet.

"They were just children you know, two kids just trying their best to hide from you. They wouldn't have gotten away" He looked the killer in the eyes, never flinching when he got up and moved closer to him.

"Be quiet" He said when he was standing almost on top of Kevin. Brian flinching slightly at the site of the big man in front of him.

"AJ was only 18 years old. Nick 16. How could you do that?" Jordan didn't look amused any longer, now he looked angry. In part because of a huge laugh coming from behind him, his girlfriend.

"16?" She asked, now standing right next to her boyfriend. Kevin looked at her, tears rolling down his face, "Yes Nick was only 16" She turned to Jordan with an amused smile on her face. And then shook her head and walked away.

"You people are evil and I hope the police blow your fucking brains out" Howie sneered, pulling away from the woman's shoulder. This brought Jordan back to his feet once again. Jordan walked over to the older woman, squatted beside her and asked, "Did you pull a silent alarm?" She looked terrified, afraid to make eye contact with him. Now Howie was sitting up straight, anger flashing across his face, "Leave her the hell alone!" He yelled.

Jordan briefly thought about going over and shutting the Latino up, maybe hitting him in the face, knock him around a little bit, but he knew Terry was mad at him now, and didn't want to make things worse between them, so he ignored D all together. He instead walked away and perched himself up on the counter where the deposit and withdrawal slips were kept. "You know, lady" He said as he picked up some slips and ripped them like confetti, "I made sure the silent alarms were disconnected" He then threw the confetti in the air, "Wee!" He said as he jumped back down to his feet.

"The police are not coming, sorry to burst your bubble" More gasping and whispering was heard going through the crowd. Including the man who Terry had knocked out earlier, he was coming to and was even more miserable than before. "Aw look who has decided to wake up, Mr. Complaining man" Jordan said walking towards Justin, who was now cowering like a scared child. "See, that man is smart. He has learned his lesson. Right?" He asked Justin. "Yes whatever you say, please don't hurt me"

"See, this man has learned his lesson. Good work sir" He said winking at the man. Jordan then went back to his place by the desk once again working on the computer.

"What happened?" Justin whispered to the people around him, Brian looked over his way and with a coldness in his voice, he whispered, "Our friends are dead! Because of you!"

"Dead?" He said slowly

"Yes, dead" Brian said as he started to cry once again. Almost to the point of hysterics this time.

"Oh my God" Justin said as he laid back down trying to erase the nightmare that he felt he caused.

Terry walked over to the boys, and gently kneeled down next to them, trying to wrap her arm around Brian. Kevin pushed her away "Stay the hell away from us" Kevin said as he held on to his cousin. She wanted to tell him, but she didn't. When she felt the time was right, then maybe, but not now. She enjoyed watching their grief. All the more relief they would feel when they saw the two boys alive. So she just pulled away from them and walked back over to Jordan.

"We have to get out of here" Kevin said under his breath as he looked at his two surviving members. Thoughts of revenge brewing in his mind.




Terry walked over and sat beside her boyfriend. Pulling him close so only he could hear what she had to say "You were outsmarted by an 18 and 16 year old. Brilliant" He pushed her away. "Shut up, now is not the time, I am having more trouble with this lame ass computer. She looked at the screen which kept saying invalid password please try again. "I don't understand, Sean gave you the right code, what's going on?" She asked she kept trying the same password over and over again. "I don't know Ter, but I'll be damned if I leave here without accessing the main frame"

She stood up to get a better look, standing over his shoulder, she noticed a camera trained on a room downstairs. "Is that the vault?" She asked him. It didn't look like a vault, more like a closet. "Nope"

"A closet?"

"Kind of"

"Why is a camera trained on a closet?"

"Because I think that's where the shitheads are hiding. I locked the door. If they try to get out, we'll see them. The camera will scan the entire hallway, I programmed it to"

She was impressed that he did something semi bright. She still had to needle him though, "So you managed to program a camera, but can't figure out a password?" He gave her that look. The look that said she was crossing the line, and even though she liked to play rough, she didn't intend for him to smack her around here. So she backed away. Not noticing on the camera, that the door handle was jiggling...