- Text Size +
AJ paced the length of the room that he and Nick were trapped in, trying to come up with any possible way out of this situation. He was glad he had let out his emotions, and equally relieved that it didn't upset Nick even more. But now, there was no more time for tears. Now they had to figure out how to get out of there and help their friends.

"Maybe they left already" J turned to his friend who was now placing a canvas bag over his shoulders to keep warm.

"I mean, if they were here to just hold up the bank, don't you think they would have left already?" It was a great question. Maybe he was right. The thought made so much sense in fact that AJ actually smiled.

"Good point Nick" He said as he knocked on the door. Nick ran over to him and stopped him, "But J, what if I'm wrong?"

"But it makes sense though, they have to be gone by now" AJ said just about to bang on the door once again.

"AJ, listen to me for a second though, there hasn't been any commotion at all. Don't you think that if they were gone and the police were here, that they would have come to check the vault by now?" Nick was making too much sense, unfortunately, so AJ took his hands away from the door.

"Maybe the police have the place surrounded. I bet it will all be over really soon" Nick said with a glint of hope in his voice.

"I hope you are right about that kiddo, I really hope you are"

Nick realized he was filling himself with false hope, but he didn't want to admit what he was sure had happened. The bad guys knew they were in that room. Why else would they have locked the door? That would be the only reason. AJ had to realize it to, but he was in denial.

AJ roamed around the room once again looking for another way out, it was cold in there, very cold, and he knew they couldn't stay for much longer. There had to be air coming in from some place? But where?

"I see a vent AJ" Nick said waving his friend over. J turned and walked to where Nick was standing, there at the base of the floor under all the canvas bags, was a small vent. Too tiny for either boy to fit through.

"Well, at least we know that there is air in here" AJ said trying to make light of the situation.

"What do we do now?" Nick asked still shivering.

"I guess we wait buddy" We wait and we pray.




Jordan was beginning to lose his cool. No matter how many times he tried the stupid password, it was useless. He had been swindled. And now he had hostages and the best he could do, was get away with the money in the vault. That was unacceptable to him. No, he had worked too hard for this. He was supposed to come away with millions of dollars. Millions without anyone even being able to detect it. Not for at least a few weeks. It was a perfect plan really.

Break into a bank, access the main branches terminal and make a bunch of huge transfers to an account in his name. Flawless. All he had to do was put in the password, and do it, then he could pretend to change his mind about robbing the bank and run out. The police still would have gotten involved but there would be nothing stolen. The last laugh would have been his. It was so brilliant he didn't have a clue why no one had tried it yet.

He had made friends with a guy who worked at the main branch his name was Sean and he had agreed to help him, for a small fee. $10,000 felt like pocket change compared to what this guy was doing for them so he agreed and the plan was set in motion. Only glitch is now Sean had his money and HE had NO password.

"Son of a bitch!" Jordan said, getting so frustrated that he flung the computer off the table and it went crashing to the floor. Terry walked up to him and grabbed his arm pretty forcefully, "Stop it you moron! Relax, there has to be another solution to this problem" He pulled away from her and raised his arm to back hand her. She didn't even flinch. So he put it down, "Alright smart ass, what's your suggestion?"

"Let's get the money in the vault" He turned to her sneering.

"NO! I want more than that"

"Well, let's start there and work our way up, now you are making a total ass out of yourself in front of these people. Go down to the vault and get the money"

"Fine!" He said grabbing Jason.

"Jason! Let's go to the vault!" He said, Jason nodded and grabbed his gun and walked past the guys and the rest of the hostages back down to the vault.

"Wait! I want to go" She said pushing past Jordan, "You have caused enough problems today" She said to her boyfriend so everyone could hear.

"You are not telling me what to do bitch!" He said now grabbing her and shaking her, this brought Kevin, who had been watching quietly almost to his feet. He stopped when she started to laugh.

"You are such an idiot Jordan, go figure out the code, unless you want ME to do that. I would probably do a better job anyway"

"No, go get the fucking money, I'll do the password" He said now glaring at the hostages. Then he walked back to another desk and started to play around with the computer.

As Terry passed by she winked at Kevin. He smiled

When they were gone, Kevin whispered to Brian and Howie, "It's working"

"What is?" Brian asked

"She just showed me that she can take charge"




"Maybe we can pull the vent cover away and yell for help" Nick said bending down to try to get a look at what was inside.

"And yell for help to what? A couple of sewer rats?"

"It's worth a shot" Nick said as he tried to pull the grate off. Then they heard footsteps.

The both boys looked at each other wondering if they should hide or pound for help.

AJ smiled, "It's over" he said as he went to the door and started to pound. Nick running behind him to try to stop him, just in case...