- Text Size +
Terry walked ahead of Jason, eager to see all of that money in front of her. She had always dreamed of being in the same room with a ton of money but never in her life had she thought that it would really happen. Let alone at the hands of a moron like Jordan. And he was a moron too, she absolutely had no doubt about that one. But that moron had just made her rich.

She couldn't wait to get in that vault and smell the money, touching the greasy paper against her skin. Her Dad had told her once, when she was very young that money was the dirtiest thing you could ever touch, so greasy in fact, that it was used as a natural way to grease up pads of instruments. She couldn't care less. If Jordan had told her to lick it she would have, just like a lollipop. Anything to be wealthy and escape being her.

As she approached the vault, she stopped, tilting her head to the side she thought she heart the faint sound of banging. She turned her head to see exactly how far back Jason was, happy to see he was still coming down the steps, she walked closer to the noise source. Positive she knew it was them. The kids. She couldn't help but smile.

She passed the huge vault door and proceeded towards the door at the end of the hall. The door that the camera was fixed on. There was no mistaking it now, she thought happily. Jordan was right. They were in there. She turned though, when she heard Jason reach the bottom of the steps.

"Hey" She said before he had a chance to catch up with her, "You start in the vault, I am gonna check this room real quick okay?" He nodded. She was a little disappointed that she wouldn't get to see that money first but she had more important things to tend to. Bigger games to play. Once she saw that Jason was inside the vault, she proceeded to the door. Listening to the two boys arguing inside. Apparently one was telling the other to stop the banging. She smiled once again and placed her hand on the door knob.




When Nick saw his friend running toward the door, he had two different reactions, the irrational vs. rational. First he wanted to go right along with AJ and bang his little heart out. It was finally over. They were finally rescued, but the rational side of his brain made him realize that there was too many unanswered questions with that scenario. The most obvious being that by now, if it was the police, the guys would have told them that he and AJ were roaming around. They would have announced who they were. They wouldn't have been so quiet. No, he finally came to understand, whoever was walking towards them was the enemy. Unfortunately, his brain didn't process all that information in time to prevent AJ from banging but it did manage to get his common sense into action. He ran to his friend and quickly grabbed his hand away from the door.

"Nick what the hell are you doing?" AJ asked trying to free himself from the younger boys grasp. Nick took his free hand and placed it on AJ's mouth. "AJ shut up and listen, if it was the police" He whispered, "They would have said something by now" AJ just stood there motionless, now looking at the door.

Once Nick saw the rational AJ in his friends eyes, he took his hand away from his mouth. It was too late though, he heard footsteps now growing closer. Slowly approaching, but stopping. Then he heard her voice. He recognized it instantly, so did AJ. The voice of the enemy. She was yelling to someone. They both took a few steps away from the door and in a panic turned off the light. They knew it was too late to hide, maybe they could just take her by surprise, then the sound of a key being turned and the click of a door opening, made their hearts stop.




She had grabbed the key as she hugged her boyfriend. Good idea she gloated as she now realized without a doubt that behind this door was the cause of so many of her poor Jordan's problems. She placed the key in the hole and unlocked it. Pushing the door slightly open for them to be able to get out.

She thought about just standing behind the door while they made their escape, quickly grabbing them as they tried to flee. But that wouldn't make it seem like she was in charge, no she had a bigger and brighter idea. So she opened the door and walked away, fairly confident that no one was watching from the camera above, not now. Not since Jordan threw that computer to the floor. She smiled as she pictured the fear in their eyes. Then she walked away. Back towards the vault, she would close the door, so Jason would be none the wiser.

Now beside being rich, she was also going to be having some fun. Life certainly was good...




The boys watched in horror as the door slowly creaked opened, the light of the hallway now slowly creeping it's way into the room. Casting eerie shadows. One of which was the unmistakable shadow of a woman. A woman who was just standing there. AJ and Nick still stood frozen, waiting for her to enter, for hands to come at them once again. First the hands then the guns, that seemed to be the order of things around here. But nothing happened. Her shadow grew longer as she walked away, until it was gone completely, only the light in the hallway remaining. She has left. But why? That was the question plaguing both boys in their moments of silence. Why had she not come into the room?

"Maybe she is on our side?" Nick whispered. He sounded much the same way a child of five would, talking about the good points of the boogie man.

"I think you may be right Nick" AJ agreed, they had to stay where they were though, because she wasn't alone. That much they knew. A feeling of relief did wash over them at the thought that one of the enemy, was really on their side. Irrationality once again getting the better of the situation.