- Text Size +
Patience, from the time Kevin was a child until now, that seemed to be one virtue he never had a knack for. He was the type of guy who would look at a drive through window and go right past it if there was more than four cars waiting for food. Never one to wait on lines for rides, he would look at those parents, in his early days at Disney, and wonder how it was they could stand there for an hour on line with whiny, bratty kids. He found himself thanking God for not knowing the answer to that question. Even more perplexing to him, were the fans he had in Europe. How willing they were to wait for hours on lines just to get a glimpse at him and the boys. Some standing in line for a full day just for his name on a piece of paper. Baffling. He didn't get it. He admired many artists growing up but he would never stand on line waiting for them to sign anything. It was only paper.

Yup, Kevin hated to wait for anything, yet he always found himself doing just that. Waiting. Sometimes for the stage tech's to get the microphones right, sometimes for a bus driver who seemed to get lost at the worst possible moment, most times it was for his fellow bandmates, who were never on time for anything EVER!

Now he found himself waiting yet again, this time it was at a huge bank were only two tellers seemed to be working. He briefly wondered to himself, maybe it was some kind of holiday that he wasn't aware of? Maybe that is why there was only two people working. All he knew was he was getting steadily impatient with every second he had to wait. He wasn't alone in that feeling though, the man who came in only seconds behind him, started to sigh the second he took his place on line. He wasn't very happy either.

That man had moaned and groaned like he was the only one who ever had to wait for anything. Then when AJ and Nick walked in and right up to where the boys were standing, Kevin was sure the guy was gonna flat out cry. He rolled his eyes and gave Nick and AJ both, dirty looks for every laugh chuckled. Then he glared over my way like it was my fault that I knew them or something.

Yes, when it came to patience, Kevin had a big deficency. It was becoming more apparent to Howie D as every minute, they stood in line had his older friend glancing at his watch. "When are they gonna open up another station?" Kevin asked anyone who would listen. Howie just shrugged. When he saw Kevin getting stressed out over things, that's all Howie could think of to do. "I feel like we have been waiting here online for hours"

"Relax cousin, it has only been about ten minutes" Brian chimed in from right behind the taller man. Kevin glanced back at Brian and got a glimpse of the unhappy guy who was now adjusting his tie and cussing under his breath. Brian met Kevin's eyes with a smile, friendly and calm, the only way Brian knew how to be. Just as Kevin was to make another snide comment, it happened.

They came out of nowhere, seemingly dropped from the sky right in front of the bank. Four people walked in all wearing black from head to toe. Carrying very big bags, rope and wearing ski masks. Before Kevin had a chance to fully grasp what was about to happen, one of the men in a very loud voice ordered everyone down on the ground.

"Face down with hands above your heads! Do it now!" Before he did as he was told, he looked at Howie and Brian, giving them an it's gonna be alright look. That was his job. Too make them feel better, even when he wasn't nesecarily sure if it would be better, like now. As they got closer to him, Kevin felt his heart gradually rising in his throat. Two of them moved towards the tellers, one moved towards them and the other? Where was the other? He was sure he saw four of them enter. He craned his neck a little to see if he could spot robber number four, sure enough there he was, heading towards the bathroom. The bathroom, where Nick and AJ were.

"Do you think they heard?" Brian whispered to Kevin, making sure not to alert the gunmen that something was wrong. "Not sure" He said cutting himself off as the man was now there sizing up the people on the line up. Kevin thought about trying to grab at the guys foot knocking him down and grabbing for the gun, but decided against it. What if something went wrong? He had more common sense then that. He was only hoping Brian did too. He saw in Brian's eyes, the look of someone wanting to be everyone's hero. "Don't even think about it Bri" He whispered, "It would be a bad idea"

"Hey the two of you! Stop the talking" The gunman said kicking Kevin in his side. Instead of howling out in pain like he wanted, he gave Brian a wayward glance. Once sure his cousin recieved the message, he relaxed placing his head to the hard cold ground. People were screaming now from the back hallway, the hallway that housed the men's bathroom. At least five people came from that area, all holding their hands above their heads as they ran until they were told to drop to the ground. No AJ or Nick though, Kevin glanced over at Howie who noticed the two younger guys missing from the fold as well. It made him part relieved but mostly terrified, because unlike him, Nick or AJ both would very willingly play hero and there was nothing Kevin could do about it. He was hoping they had more sense then that. Hoping and praying they would stay out of site.

"Did you check all the rooms back there?" The man who hovered right over the people on line asked the one coming from the back. "Yeah I did" He answered, without any hesitation. "All clear!"

By now, the two men with the tellers had ushered them out onto the floor and sat them down right beside us. "Well, ladies and gentlemen, If you haven't figured out what is happening by now, I will make it easier for you. We are robbing this place and unlucky you, happened to be here at the wrong time" The other one joined his partner "You all might as well sit up and make yourselves comfortable, you'll be here for a minute or two" It was a woman. The person who spoke was a woman and now upon further investigation, it became more clear to Kevin. She was much shorter than the others, and had a bust line.

While two of the robbers where watching their hostages with guns ready to shoot, one was pulling the blindes down and the other was sitting at a desk trying to access something, "He must be the boss" A women sitting to my left said, "It seems like that guy is running the show"

"No talking" The female yelled to the middle aged woman making her hush immediately. The man over at the computer walked over to the group of prisoners and motioned for one of the men who was pulled from that back hallway. He was well dressed and about fifity years old. "You come here now!" He said almost lifting the guy completely off of his feet.

"Excuse me?" The annoying man who had been standing right behind the boys on line said, "Is it possible for you to tell us how long this is gonna take?" She seemed amused and walked over crouching down beside him, "Um..not sure, why? You have a hot date or something?" He seemed really nervous now, sweat pouring from his forehead and dripping onto his now loosened tie. "Once we have what we need we will be going sir. Okay?" She stood up much to the delight of the older man. Kevin liked him even less than before if that was possible.

"Terry! Over here please" The robber called to the woman. She ran over and they seemed to be having a heated argument. The whole time, Kevin kept gazing over at the hallway that hid AJ and Nick, hoping that maybe they found a way out, confident that if they were still around, they would have been out here by now. Terry made her way back over to the hostages, stopping to talk to the other gunmen along the way, "Well people, seems like we will be staying around a little longer than planned so better make yourselves comfortable"

A loud and very obvious grunt was heard from the grumpy older man. Terry walked back over towards him, "Aw, what's the problem now?" She asked as she put on a fake pouty face. "I just don't want to be here!" She laughed. "Does anyone of us want to be here?" Kevin said. He had been quiet for too long and now he had to speak his mind or else that grumpy jerk, would end up making the gunmen mad enought to kill them all.

The man, obviously fuming from Kevin's snide remark, had a mean grin on his face, "Well, your friends must have felt the same way because they took off didn't they?" Kevin felt his eyes bulge at the man's words. Terry who up until that moment had been laughing at the man, now looked interested. "What do you mean?" She asked him. The man never faltered, never had a moment of conscience, "There were two boys who had left to go to the bathroom when you came in, they must still be hiding there" She did not look amused any longer. "Really?" She asked him as she went in even closer holding the gun to his head, "Because I abhor liars!"

"NO it's the truth I swear, they were with those guys" He said pointing to Howie, Brian and Kevin. She made her way over to the boys, slowly grinning. "Is that true?" She asked Howie. She smiled when he refused to answer, "Well, isn't this interesting, Chris! Jason! Come here" Two of the guys walked over to her, "Seems like we have two boys MIA" She turned to Kevin "How old are they?" She asked him. He didn't answer so the awful man did it for him. "About 18 or 19 tops" He said. She laughed again, "Could it be possible that the two of you were outsmarted by a pair of teens?" They looked angry and ran back towards the bathroom. She walked to the older guy who now had a huge grin on his face, "So, what's your name hero?" He loosened his tie some more, "Justin"

"Well, Justin" She bent over as if to kiss him but instead hit him with the handle of the gun. He fell to the floor as the hostages looked on in horror, "I also detest tattle tales" She then winked at Kevin, he only glared ahead at the hallway, now more frightened than ever.