- Text Size +
Kevin sat with his hands clenched on his lap. He was a guy who tended to stress out about even the smallest things. It had plagued him ever since childhood. He did not like taking commands from anyone. He was a leader. He often thought about what these kids would do without him there to push them along from venue to venue. Picking up after them and making sure they made it from point A to point B. He acted like it was bothersome, but honestly, he enjoyed every minute of it. He loved taking the big brother role. He had never gotten to play it before now. It suited him just fine. He wondered if his big brothers had worried about him as frequently as he found himself worrying about these guys.

"Most likely" he thought out loud as he looked over at Howie who seemed to be calming down a bit. When that guy had a gun to his head, Kevin had noticed how visibly shaken Howie had become. He was actually afraid that his friend might have passed out. This was getting to be too much for him, for all of them. Kevin looked down at his watch surprised to see not all that much time had gone by since they had taken on the role of hostage. They had been in the bank for about four hours now. It seemed like days. The actual robbers were so unorganized there was more than once that Kevin had just wanted to step up and take over more out of habit than anything else.

"Do you think they're okay?" Brian asked his cousin. Kevin turned towards him and nodded. He didn't know for sure but he knew he had to do anything he could to make his friends feel better about this situation. He hated not knowing what was going on with his two younger friends. The two most erratic and unpredictable of the bunch. AJ he had at least seen the first time he was caught. He seemed fine then, just a little shaken. Nick he hadn't seen since he had left to go to the bathroom. He sighed.

"What's wrong?" Howie asked.

"Just thinking about the boys, that's all"

"I'm sure they are safe and hiding" Kevin once again clenched his fists. He hoped so. He didn't trust any of these people. Especially Jordan and that other awful one Chris. He remembered back to what he had said about Nick. He wanted to hurt him, that's all Kevin could remember. For biting him. He was grateful that Chris stayed behind and that other guy Jason went after them instead. Chris seemed like a nut job. Of course wouldn't you have to be a nut job to try to rob a bank? He found himself glaring at Chris now. Chris returned the favor. "What are you looking at bushybrows?" He said polishing his gun. Even through all the drama and absolute terror, someone still found time to make fun of his eyes brows. He was sure he would laugh about it later. Confident that Brian would bring it up someday a long time from now, when they would be able to look back on this whole experience and laugh.

"Chris come here I think I'm in!" Jordan shouted. That made Chris still glaring at Kevin smile as he walked over to his friend who was sitting at the computer. Jordan was busily typing in all kinds of access numbers. It looked like gobbeldy gook to Chris. He wasn't the numbers kind of guy.

"So you found the password?" Jordan turned around and moved the screen so his dimwitted friend could see what he was doing. He had thought about not showing Chris at all, but he knew that Chris wouldn't have a clue how to double cross him. He felt bad that he was going to kill this guy when they were on their way. He deserved it for being so dumb.

"Yes, I think I have, see I type in Dingo four and then this screen popped up" He demonstrated by doing it again. "I haven't seen this one before which means I am getting closer" He tried typing in a new set of codes but nothing happened. He was more hopeful now though, so he didn't throw a fit.

"So, basically we're in the money bro?"

"Yup"

"Excellent! Well, ladies and gentlemen isn't that good news?" Chris yelled to his unaffected hostages. Kevin still glaring at him. "I don't like that guy" He said to Jordan. He only shrugged half listening to what Chris was saying. He tried a different set of numbers now, this time a new screen popped up. He was gaining access to select bank accounts. "YES!!" He screamed rubbing his hands together.

"You know what's weird?" One of the guys who was sitting right next to Brian said. He had been quiet for most of this ordeal. They all turned towards him, "What?" Brian asked speaking on behalf of the group.

"It's a little strange that they haven't even asked for OUR wallets and valuables. Don't you think?" Kevin hadn't thought about that. "Yeah, it is a little odd" One of the woman answered. "but let's face it, these guys are not the sharpest tools in the shed" Kevin smiled at that one. He had said almost that very same phrase to Nick just the other day. After trying his hardest to explain one of his algebra problems to him, Kevin out of frustration turned to his little brother and said those very words. He had meant them innocently enough but hearing them spoken in this context, he made a mental note to apologize to Nick as soon as he saw him again. If he saw him again.

They were alive at least. For the hour or so that they were told the kids had been killed, Kevin couldn't even bare to think about living. It's not even like he had known these guys his whole life. With the exception of his cousin, they had all only been together for 7 or so years, but the bond they had developed far out weighed the number of years they knew each other. They were family and he loved them all.

The words the man spoke brought about a whole new fear to his mind. Up until just now, he hadn't even thought about it. But, if these guys did decide to go through their stuff, then they would also find out they had five celebrities in their midst. That would not be good. He tried to remember if he had anything remotely related to BSB in his wallet. He was sure he didn't but he knew that Brian did. He always carried a clip of them from their first magazine shoot in his wallet. To remind him of how far they had all come. All five of their faces right there with Backstreet Boys plastered on top. No, they couldn't go through their stuff. Hopefully they wouldn't.

Jordan was now humming. He was so close to getting the access he wanted that he could smell the greasy money and visualized himself running through it naked. More than the money even, was the satisfaction of being able to show Terry that he did it. He hated the fact that she didn't think he could do anything right. He typed some more and once again even more accounts came up on the main frame. "Where is Terry? She needs to see this?" He shouted with glee. Chris started to walk towards the darkened hallway, "You want me to call to her bossman?" He asked. Jordan looked up, "Nah, she'll be here in a minute most likely"

"Yeah you're right I see her and Jason and guess what? They got company!" He smiled at Kevin as he said that. Kevin for the first time looked away. He refused to look, give that idiot the satisfaction, but then he heard Nick's voice. He could tell the teen was scared and struggling by the heavy breathing.

When they came into view, Jason came first dragging along Nick. He had Nick in a head lock. Terry followed with a gun trained on AJ's back.

"Look what we got!" Jason announced to the group. Firmly throwing Nick down to the ground. Kevin was up in a second and over to the boy. Terry led AJ to his friends and made him sit down.

Kevin grabbed Nick's shoulders, causing Nick to look up. He had tears in his eyes. He grabbed Nick's face in his hands "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" He asked checking the boy over. Nick shook his head. "No, I'm okay" He said and then he grabbed Kevin into a big hug. "I'm so sorry we were caught we wanted to help you guys get out of here" He said muffled in Kevin's broad shoulders. Kevin rubbed Nick's back then turned his attention to AJ, "You okay?" He asked. AJ nodded.

"Well, isn't this just a touching family reunion?" Terry said winking at Kevin. "You need to take little blondie here and go back to sit with your friends now please" He helped Nick up and they walked over to join everybody else. Brian and Howie were embracing their two friends happily. Bummed that they were caught but happy they were alive.

"Terry come here and check this out!" Jordan said, too caught up in the computer to even care about the stupid kids. Chris cared though. When he saw Terry walk away with Jason following he made his way over to the two teens. He walked over to AJ and smiled at him, a creepy smile that made AJ pull back a little. Then he walked over to Nick who was still in Kevin's firm and protective grasp. "You are mine kid!" He growled, then stared down Kevin once again. Kevin wrapped his arms tighter around Nick.

His job of big brother kicking into high gear...