- Text Size +
Nick sat next to Kevin, thankful that he was finally reunited with his band brothers but also disappointed in himself. How could he have let them down? He never thought, not once, to look behind him while he was caught up in watching AJ and that woman. Maybe if he had, he could have avoided capture. Maybe he could have found a way out, maybe he could have saved the day. He shifted a little and Kevin shifted right along with him. He could tell by the way Kevin sat that his whole body was tense. One of a man who was scared but yet, would never let on. The look of relief was abundant on his face as well as Howie and Brian's when they saw Nick and AJ coming into the main room. They had thought until a few moments before, that Nick and AJ were dead. Maybe they wouldn't be upset then. Nick was sure they wouldn't. Forever and a day though, he would always feel like he let them down in some way. By not bothering to look behind him.

Nick turned his body around to meet AJ's glance. He could tell that his friend was thinking the same way. J gave him a small smile, but he read disappointment in his friend's eyes. He turned back towards Kevin, "Are you guys doing okay?" He whispered.

"Now that we know you and AJ are safe, yes" Kevin glanced over to see Terry still standing next to her boyfriend looking at the computer screen. In his mind, Kevin was plotting an escape. Now that he knew the boys were safe, there was nothing keeping him from trying. He knew the robbers were too caught up in accessing the accounts to notice any small movements the hostages might have. Kevin figured that if he could scoot towards the front window and flag for help, they had a chance.

Brian as if reading his cousin's mind, said "It's too dangerous Kevin. They almost killed you once" Kevin shocked, looked over at Brian."How did you know?"

"I know you"

"I could do it Brian, it's not impossible"

"It's stupid" Nick had decided to join the conversation at this point, "He's right Kevin. They are already pissed about me and AJ and I'm afraid if you tried anything, it would be suicide"

"Okay relax, I won't" He said. Smiling about how well the others knew him already. They were right. He would just wait it out. There was no reason to panic. Soon these jerks would find what they were looking for and get out of here. This nightmare would be behind them.

Chris then made his way over to the hostages. The group agreed that he was the one that they trusted least and disliked the most. Kevin felt the same way. He walked towards the boys. First going up to AJ, he bent down towards him, "Hey kiddo. I bet your bummed that we caught you huh?"

"Actually you didn't catch me. If YOU were after us, we'd be half way to Mexico by now"

"AJ hush" Howie directed. Chris put up his fist as if he was about to strike the boy but laughed instead. Then he walked over to Nick. Without any warning at all, he kicked him in the side, making Nick wince and fall into a ball. Kevin, Brian and Howie were all up in seconds. "oopsie. My foot must have slipped" He said putting his hand to his mouth.

"Leave him alone he is just a child" One of the hostages yelled at the unstable man. "Would you rather me do that to you?" He asked him. The man although trying to be helpful became silent. No one could blame him for that. Brian however would not hold his tongue. "I think if Terry knew what you just did, you would be in trouble" Chris walked up to Brian and towered over him. "Is that right?" Brian looked up at the tall man, then to Kevin who had now moved directly behind him. "I know you are right behind me so if I were you, I would back off!" Chris said casting a quick glance over his shoulder. He let his gun do the talking, he held it at Brian's head. That made Kevin back off. "Okay now, as I was saying" He took the gun away from Brian and once again made Nick his main focus. "You and I are very soon going to have a talk about that love bite you gave me boy" He crouched down next to Nick who was still laying balled up on the floor holding his middle. He was just about to grab him when Kevin moved in between the two "Leave him the hell alone" He hissed. Chris only laughed but quickly withdrew when he saw Terry give him a look. He walked back towards the computers.

Once gone Kevin asked "Are you okay little man?" as he helped Nick back up to a sitting position. Nick who already felt more sick than he cared to admit, could barely get his words out before a coughing fit ensued. Kevin patted his back while he coughed. "Is he okay?" Howie asked concerned. "He has been coughing since we have been on the run. He is as sick as a dog!" AJ answered.

"I'm fine" Nick managed to get out finally, after about three minutes of coughing. He took a deep breath. The last thing he needed was the guys worrying about him now. Kevin did stupid things when he was concerned about the others.

"Glad I didn't bite him" AJ had to add. Nick looked over and smirked. Leave it to AJ to always try to lighten up the situation.

"Don't worry, I won't let him touch you" Kevin said looking at Terry. If he didn't know better, he would think that Kevin had a thing for the woman.

Terry, looking over her boyfriend's shoulder stole a glance at the tall dark brunette. He was staring at her. That made her smile. Jordan kept blabbering on about how to get into all the bank accounts. Blabbering like she cared to know. Just do it and shut the hell up she had wanted to scream at him. She felt like her stay in the bank had gone on for far too long now. This was getting old. She placed her hands on his shoulders and began massaging him. To keep herself amused, she pictured herself slowly moving them to his neck and strangling the life out of him so he would shut the hell up.

There was another reason she did it. To irritate Jason. It was working wonderfully well. She looked over to see the jealousy on his face. He wanted it to be his massage. Disgusted he moved towards the front of the bank. "Don't stand by the window" She called to him. "We don't want anyone to see people in here remember?" He grunted. She smiled as she kept massaging Jordan's shoulders now moving to his neck.

"FUCK!!" He yelled at the top of his lungs bringing every eye in the bank to him. "Something's happening" He yanked his neck and shoulders away from the caress of Terry and moved his face right next to the screen. "What is it?" Terry asked as Jason moved back to where the rest of the bad guys stood. "It's wiping away the...NO..NO..NO..NO!" Terry looked at the computer screen to see that screen upon screen was coming up and then deleting itself. Her eyes widened as she moved closer to the screen almost lying on top of Jordan's shoulder to do it.

"Can't you stop it?"

"If I knew how to do that Terry, I would"

"Do something! We're losing everything" Chris yelled. Jordan looked over at the hostages and pointed to one of the workers. "YOU!" He looked up "Get your ass over here now" He said. The man stood up and ran over to Jordan.

"Do something to fix this" He screamed. He moved out of the way and forced the man down on the chair. "I have no idea how" He said in a panic.

"Of course you do, you work here"

"But I don't ever use the terminals. I don't have the access to this system. None of us here do"

"That is bull shit!" He screamed yanking the man by his hair, out of the chair. He sat down once again. "Come on come on"

"Can't you just stop it?"

"Shut up Terr I mean it!"

Then just like that the computer froze. Everything was lost. "NOOOO!!" Jordan yelled throwing this computer on the floor to match the other one he had vandalized earlier.

"You can't do anything right" Terry said under her breath. He turned towards her and punched her square in the jaw, making her fall backwards. Kevin was just about to get up and help, but Howie's firm hand on his shoulder stopped him. "No Kevin, she can handle herself"

She sat there on the floor holding her hand over her mouth. "You are an asshole" She said as she stood up and spit out the tinny taste of blood. Jordan walked over to her, "I told you to shut up" He said his gaze never leaving hers. Then he walked past her to the hostages, "Ladies and gentlemen, I am in a most foul mood right now so I suggest you do as I say"

The two lines of people who were sitting on the floor for most of this crisis, tensed as he made his way over to them. "Since I am now out of millions of dollars, I would like what ever you have in YOUR wallets please. So I know it's cliche, but who gives a damn, give me all of your money and jewelry"

What Kevin and Howie feared most was about to happen. They would give up their wallets and once they got a hold of their identities, they would be found out. Kevin wiped away beads of sweat that were forming on his brow. All he could do was watch and wait, as Jordan and Chris collected the wallets from the hostages one by one...