- Text Size +
Brian watched as if it was unfolding in slow motion. He saw them walking up the line of hostages removing their wallets and jewelry, watching closely to see if anybody actually took the time to look inside. So far no one had. He slowly made a move for his wallet. It was in his right back pocket and he thought that maybe if he moved fast enough, he could get that picture of them out of there. They would still have his driver's license and other things that he wouldn't want to give up, but at least their fame would be kept a secret.

They were now right by Howie as he reluctantly gave them his wallet. He didn't have any jewelry on at the moment, but they did take his nice leather jacket. Jason didn't even bother looking inside he just placed it in the bag with the others. Brian by now had successfully taken his wallet out of his back pocket and was frantically opening it when Terry came up behind him, "You aren't trying to be greedy are you young man?" She asked. He was so startled by her unexpected appearance that he dropped the wallet to the ground. He watched it as it fell and in his head he heard it make a huge thump.

"Oh somebody's a little uptight " She said as Jason came over and placed it in the bag. Picture and all. "Were you just being polite and getting it out ahead if time?"

"Yes, that is what I was doing" He said. She smiled but behind the smile now lied a veil of curiosity. She walked over to AJ and put out her hand so he would give her his wallet, which he did without a word.

"I don't have mine" AJ and Terry turned towards the sound of a panicked voice. The owner was Nick. She Shook her head, "What do you mean you don't have one?" Jason asked, disgusted that some punk kid could try to lie like this.

"I didn't bring it with me. I left it on the bus"

"The bus?" Terry said now getting into the conversation.

Brian looked over at AJ who also had a look of terror on his face. Relax and don't blow it kid. Think before you say anything else please please please! AJ thought. He could read the same thoughts on Kevin's face. If it wouldn't be so obvious, he would have put his hand over the kids mouth.

Terry was now standing right next to Nick with her hand on his shoulder. Leaning into him. "What did you mean about being on a bus?"

"My bus...you know my school bus. I left it on there" He looked away from her and over at Kevin for help.

"Aw, my sweetie" She said pinching his cheek and giving him a kiss. Then she turned to Jason, "Isn't he adorable? I just want to keep him. Can I keep you?"

"No" He said in a small voice that only made her squeeze tighter. "Honey, it's Saturday. What school were YOU going to?"

"It was a field trip" Kevin jumped in. He had to. Now she was even more amused. "Oh yeah? And let me guess, were you all chaperones?" She then glanced at Kevin, "Do you have your wallet or did you leave it on an airplane somewhere?" He was a little relieved to hear her say that. Maybe she wouldn't press about the bus thing. Maybe she thought he was just lying.

He handed her his wallet and she opened it and looked at his picture. He was as stunning in his driver's license as he was in person. She saw it was a Florida license. Maybe the kid wasn't kidding afterall. "So, you are from Florida huh? What are you doing here?"

"Visiting. We liked New York up until today, this morning" She winked at him. "We took a bus here" Nick said insistent on not giving up.

"We never intended to even come into the bank. We were getting me some cough medicine.. See I have this hacking cough and AJ was taking me to the drug store, well I could have very well gone to the store myself but it's New York and you know better safe to travel in packs" All four of his band mates were now looking on helpless to do anything but listen to Nick nervously babble on. "So, I didn't plan on ever buying anything"

"You just said you were going to buy cough medicine"

"Yeah well, actually AJ was going to buy it for me" She laughed and shook her head, "Are you always this confusing kid?"

"Yeah he is" All four said in unison. Then Terry and Jason both continued up the line. Kevin playfully hit Nick on the head. "Ow"

"Nick learn to just stay quiet"

"I got us out of it didn't I?" Kevin had to laugh and give his young friend credit because he was right. He had managed to confuse them to the point that the subject was dropped entirely. Unaware that Terry was becoming more and more fixated on the young one.

When they had all of the hostages possessions, Jordan made them stand up and walk down the stairs in a single file line. "This is it" Brian heard someone whisper form behind, "Either they are going to leave or they are going to kill us"

Jordan led them,into the messy vault and made them sit down in the order they walked into the room. They sat and then he whispered instructions to Chris before he and Terry made their way back up the steps.

The smile on Chris' face made Brian's blood run cold. Maybe they weren't going to get out of this alive after all. Maybe they were going to die right here right now.




He usually didn't make things like this any of his business. He was only the driver nothing more. He liked the kids. Had developed a bond with them over the years. Kind of an unspoken bond. When Kevin needed advice on how to get his girlfriend back he would go to Sam. The trusty bus driver. They would talk late into the night about things. Howie would come for a nice chat about Puerto Rico, Brian about God and AJ and Nick would often try to play pranks on him. He knew it was all in fun and he enjoyed it.

It was also his job though and he was told more than once, that he shouldn't speak to the clients. Let them have their private time. He was supposed to be invisible. They never let him stay invisible for long, always inviting him in the back for dinner or to play a game of Nintendo. He liked these boys, but now he was worried about them.

At first, he chalked it up to sight seeing, they probably came across something interesting. But as the hours ticked away, his apprehension grew. He called Their management about two hours after they failed to show up at the bus. Three hours after, Management had called the police and now there was a full on search through the mean neighborhood that they were resting in. Sam felt responsible in some way. He hoped they were alright.




Terry and Jordan were now all alone in the bank's main lobby. Now would be the perfect time to do it She thought. Kill him, grab the bags that were lying unattended and take off. Now was the perfect opportunity. She could use that money to start her life. By the time Chris and Jason realized she was gone, it would be too late. She would have called the police by then. Informed them that there was strange activity going on at the closed bank on the corner. It was a perfect plan, but if she did it, she would have to act fast.

She looked around one more time to make sure no one was lurking behind her. If she was caught now he would kill her. She looked over at her boyfriend, the man she had spent so many intimate nights with. The man she thought she would one day marry, now the man she would very soon kill and almost changed her mind.

He had dumped the bag out on the floor. The bag full of the hostages wallets. Should she take those too? No, she would leave them for these poor people who's only mistake today was to go to the bank.

She took a deep breath and slowly picked up her gun aiming it at the back of her boyfriends head. All it would take is one bullet placed in the back of his skull and it would all be over...