- Text Size +
Jordan was relieved. Happy that very soon this whole ordeal would be over. He didn't enjoy this part of the job. The getaway. He had never been caught before. Once when he was escaping from a robbery in New Mexico, he was almost shot making a run for the car. He was with another girl back then. Equally as beautiful as Terry, but not quite as smart. It was very easy for him to double cross Her. He couldn't even remember her name. Wasn't important. He would never see her again. He made sure of that.

This job, this woman were both different. They would be tricky to escape from. He didn't want to leave the bank yet. He was so close to making his plan a complete success. Then it failed. Just like that. So he had to resort to petty theft. He felt like he was above that. Asking people for their wallets were what dumb robbers who never spent a day in college did. He considered himself a high caliber criminal. Only huge jobs where tons of money were earned with very little casualties. As a matter of fact the only people that ever really managed to become causalities on HIS jobs were his own people.

And as for the woman. Terry was interesting. Stunningly beautiful and smart. Much smarter than him although he would never tell her that. The others had been so disposable. She was different. He hated the idea of killing her, maybe he could work it out that they could continue on together. Maybe.

He continued to fish through the bag picking out wallet after wallet thoroughly going through the contents and discarding the rest in the garbage. They could have all the silly sentimental stuff, he couldn't care less about that. All he wanted was the cash and the plastic.

"Hey Terry, why don't you help me? If you help we can do this faster" He said not bothering to look up at her. He did flinch though when he heard the click. That familiar noise that usually he was the maker of. The one that told his partners they were about to be betrayed. He slowly turned to see Terry holding a gun cocked and ready to blow his head off.




AJ shifted slightly, his eyes never leaving Chris. He didn't like that guy and he especially didn't like the way he kept glancing at Nick. Not one bit. He was sitting right next to Brian who was shaking, he placed a calm hand on his friend. "Relax bro, it's almost over" Brian turned and forced a smile on his lips "You really think so?" AJ just nodded.
"I don't trust that guy" Brian whispered. AJ and Chris quickly made eye contact, He looked away before the armed man came over to him, "Yeah me too" He said.

Chris as if reading the boys minds headed over to them. "So Jay" He said looking at Jason, "Who should we kill first?" Just as he hoped he heard a gasp from the crowd followed by some of the women blubbering. He walked up and down the line, stopping in front of each person. Jason looked away. He wasn't into playing games with people's lives. Then he stopped in front of Howie. "What about you?" Howie didn't look up. "Eh, too boring" He said before moving to AJ "This one would be fun to kill first. You think so Jason?" AJ tensed and broke out in a sweat.

He stood there for a few minutes more than moved onto Kevin "Yes, the hero. Mr. Bushy brows. What about you?" Kevin looked up at him. Glared. Seeming at this point to care less. He turned his attention to his real target. Now was the time to have some fun, he walked over to Nick, "No. This is the one I want"

They all knew it was coming. Including Nick. He knew when that idiot stopped in front of him, it would be him that would be tormented. And unfortunately he was right. "So, little Mr. Trouble maker. What's say we make a little bargain?" Nick looked up trying his best not to shake. "What?" He said in a surprisingly calm tone. "You have caused all of these people here a lot of problems, I mean see that man?" He pointed over at Justin. Nick nodded. "That man has a concussion because of you" He had no idea how that could have been his fault but he didn't press. What was the point?

"I will spare all of these peoples lives if you agree to come with me" Instantly He felt Kevin's hand on his arm. Holding him back from willingly standing up. "What would I have to do?" He asked. Chris held the gun against his chin while he thought about it.

"How about you let me shoot you!" Another gasp from the crowd was heard. Now the boy was shaken up. "Leave him alone. Why don't you pick on someone your own size!" Kevin yelled. Now it was Nick's turn to put a calming arm on his older friend.

"Okay relax I was only joking! I won't shoot the boy" He said now positively glowing with pride. "I just want to have a little talk with him" He said winking at Nick.

"Absolutely not" Kevin said, "You take me, leave him out of it!"

"Boy someone likes to be the center of attention around here huh?" He said to Kevin. This was turning out to be more fun than him actually beating the crap out of the kid. Mind games. "I tell you what, why don't we leave it up to blondie" He crouched down next to Nick and started speaking in a slow and evil whisper, "Okay Nick. Would you rather me take your body guard over here out there and do whatever I please to him? Or are you man enough to go out there and get your own ass kicked?"

"He's not a man he is a child! Leave him alone" Brian demanded.

"Looks like you have your pick now little guy, any of these four to get an ass whooping from me, or I can just beat the crap out of you"

Nick had no choice, he bit the guy, now he would pay for it. He felt so miserable he figured a good old fashioned kick to the head would help him get some rest.

"Nick?" He turned towards AJ, "I love you man but don't you dare pick me!" Nick smiled.

That infuriated Chris. They weren't taking him seriously. So he decided to do something about that, he went over to AJ and stepped on his hand. "Ow FUCK!!" He yelped, bringing Kevin up to his feet yet again. Nick stood even quicker than Kevin, "No! It's me you want It's me you'll have" That made Chris smile. He grabbed Nick by the collar of his shirt, Kevin grabbing for him unsuccessfully. Jason turned to Kevin "Sit down!" He ordered. He stood and watched helplessly as Chris pulled Nick out of the room.




Jordan couldn't believe it. He was being double crossed. Maybe he had finally met his match. She was shaky though as she held the gun in her hands. "Terry what are you doing?" He asked cautiously.

"What does it look like I am doing, I am ridding the world of you jackass!" He took a step towards her, "Don't come any closer or I swear to God I will shoot" He laughed, but inside he knew she wasn't kidding.

"Terr, come on..what are you doing? All we have to do is take the money and walk out of here. Wasn't that the plan?" He asked taking another slow step towards her and the gun.

"Plans change Jordan" She said now just trying to get control of her emotions enough to go through with it. "Terry, you are making a huge mistake. HUGE!" He took another step forward. He was an arms length away from the gun now. He could grab it out of her hands and then kill the stupid bitch!

"Hand over the wallet Jordan" She said noticing the leather wallet he still held in his hands. He stopped and opened it up, "Oh it belongs to one of those boys" He said.

"I don't care who it belongs to, I said hand it over" Now he had a set up. He would go for it. Hoped it worked as well as it seemed to in the movies.

"Okay here catch!" He said throwing it at her, she didn't move just let the thing fall to the floor. "Jordan you are so predictably stupid it's almost a sin" She said rolling her eyes.

"Did you actually think I would drop the gun to catch the wallet?"

"Yes"

"You're an idiot"

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"Can an idiot do this?" He asked in one in swift move he whammed the gun out of her hands. She looked at him surprised and he smiled, "Not stupid now huh?"

She ran for the gun then, only to be tackled by Jordan. They landed on the floor and wrestled. Rolling over the wallet it opened up. Now he was on top of her, her eyes staring right at the ID on the inside, her eyes widened and a big smile loomed on her face. It's like she forgot for a minute that she had a maniac on top of her. He rolled Terry over and while on top of her, in the heat of the moment, he gave her a kiss. She excepted.

They made out on the floor for awhile. Forgetting about the power struggle they were having only a few moments earlier. After they moved away from each other, Terry looked into the eyes of her lover and asked, "Honey, how do you feel about kidnapping?"

He looked baffled until she handed him the wallet. His eyes once again glowed with happiness. This would be even better he thought. Then they both started to laugh hysterically...