- Text Size +
Kevin kept glancing at the door. The same door that Chris pulled Nick out of moments earlier. He felt so helpless. There was nothing he could do, nothing. They all felt that way, but it hit Kevin the hardest. He had tried though. Once Chris was out of the room, he ran towards Jason almost knocking him over. That is when Jason put the gun to AJ's head. "I will have NO trouble killing this one"

Kevin had to back off then. He had no choice. Now he had to just sit and wait, like his three other band mates, sit and wonder what was going on? He closed his eyes trying to hear the slightest cry for help, or yelp of pain. He didn't hear anything. That was almost as scary as hearing a Nick scream. Silence. Why would Nick be so quiet?

Howie leaned into Kevin, "Kev, he will be fine. The guy won't hurt him. Can't hurt him"

"And why not Howie?" Kevin asked. You could tell by looking into Howie's eyes he was having a hard time believing his own words. "Because he's only a kid" was finally his reply. "I don't think that creep cares about that" Brian said staring at the door.

Jason was apprehensive now. Playing through all the things that could potentially go wrong. Starting with Jordan and Terry upstairs. Odds were they decided to split with all the cash. Leaving Chris and himself to take the fall. Then there was Chris who, in a moment of stupidity decides to play mind games with a child. Leaving Jason by himself in charge of a bunch of hostages, four of which would do anything to protect the younger guy. Great just great. He certainly didn't like the way the biggest one out of the bunch was eyeing him. He knew the guy could take him down. He was only hoping that Chris would get this over with and come back inside.

He fidgeted, well aware that all eyes were on him. He felt hated. He didn't like it, he almost wanted to apologize to the whole bunch of them. He gave a small smile to a lady who was sitting off to the side. She was shaking violently. They thought they were going to be killed. He wanted to let them know that would not happen and would have, if he wasn't so afraid of Chris coming back in the room. No question in his mind that if Chris had heard him say that to the hostages, he would kill one just for spite. That was a chance he was unwilling to take.

"If they are going to kill us I wish they would do it already" Justin complained from the corner. AJ turned around and gave the man a dirty look. A Look saying if they don't kill you I will. Then he turned his gaze on his captor. It all seemed so unreal to him. This whole stinking situation. In many ways he shared the grumpy man's opinion. Just waiting to die was not fun. Just shoot us and get it over with. Stop playing games. Then he heard a crash. A very loud crash right outside the door. Nick is getting the shit beat out of him, he thought. He looked over at Kevin who had his fists clenched. Howie had closed his eyes and Brian had his shoulders almost level with his ears.

"Self defense" He heard his friend utter under his breath, "What Bri?" J had to ask

"I said I wish I had taught him self defense"

"You tried"

"I didn't try hard enough" Then another crash followed by a gun shot.




Things were really looking up, Terry thought to herself. Backstreet Boys. Once she saw the picture in the wallet, she instantly realized who they were. How could she not have noticed before? their well manicured appearance, the mention of the bus. The attitude... Celebrities. And now they were hers. Jordan howled with delight about the kidnapping idea. They would make a killing. And gain exposure. Perfect plan. The only problem is they didn't really have much time to really think it through. She was not big on spur of the moment decisions. especially one that might cost her a lifetime in jail.

"Baby, are you ready to roll?" Jordan asked her as he placed the final bag of money by the door. "Roll where? God Jordan do we even have a plan?" He rubbed his hands together, "Yeah we take the brats with us, then call and ask for money"

"Call who?"

"I don't know, they'll tell us who to call"

"Oh they will huh? You are an idiot" She began to nervously pace around the room.

"Relax Terr. It will all work. Trust me"

"What if it doesn't?" She said, now looking at her watch again. They had spent far too long in the bank. The fact that nobody had called the police suspecting something was going on was just dumb luck. He walked over to her then and kissed her on the cheek. "It will work. Don't worry..okay?"

"Fine, so should we go get the..." Her thoughts were interrupted by a gunshot.




Nick fell and hit his head on the wall after he was pushed out of the room by Chris. The impact temporarily knocking the air out of his lungs. He was scared. No one was around to help him this time. He was on his own. "Get up kid!" Chris ordered standing over him like a giant. His shoulder hurt as did his head that was now pounding horribly. He rolled over into a crawling position before hoisting himself up. He never noticed how tall this guy was. Nick came up to his neck, if even.

Once Nick had his footing the guy pushed him again, this time backing him up against the wall. Nick winced but didn't make a sound. He didn't want the other hostages to hear him. He was tired of coming off as helpless. Chris grabbed Nick's chin and pulled his face up to meet his eyes.

He desperately tried to break free of the bigger man, but it was no use. It only succeeded in making Nick tired. He then started to cough yet again. Right in the man's face. Annoyed, Chris pushed Nick away once again and wiped his face with his sleeve. "Damn kid! That was gross" He grumbled under his breath.

When Nick finally realized that he was out of Chris' grasp, he ran. "Shit!" Chris yelled realizing that once again this blond trouble maker was on the run. He took off after him. He headed down the hall towards the big room that housed all the computers. Once in, he shut the door and placed a desk right behind it. Taking ten steps away he jumped when he heard Chris body slamming into the door.

What do I do now? Nick asked himself aloud. He had literally managed to trap himself in there. There weren't even any windows. Completely trapped. Chris was fiercely slamming into the door now, the whole time threatening to do awful things to the inhabitant. Nick did the only thing he could do, he quickly climbed under one of the big desks. Crouching there and blocking himself in with a chair. He knew he would be caught, but he wasn't about to make it easy for the guy.

"Let me in you little son of a bitch!" Chris yelled once again throwing himself at the door, this time it gave way a bit and he was able to see into the room. The stupid ass kid was hiding. "When I get you I am going to kill you!" He growled into the room.

Upon hearing those words, Nick slowly moved the chair out of it's place and searched the middle drawer of the desk for anything he could use as a weapon. His hand fell upon something that felt like a mini sword. Excellent! He whispered to himself. A letter opener. He then went back into his hiding place, pulling the chair to it's resting position just as Chris came crashing through the door.

He rammed through the door forgetting the desk was there to prevent his entry and went flying over it and crashed onto the floor. He laid there a few minutes, trying to calm himself down. At this point, if he were to find the kid, he really would kill him. He knew he couldn't really do that though. But boy he wanted to. He pulled himself up and surveyed the room. He couldn't believe the kid was actually hiding but He figured he might have done the same thing.

"Alright Nick, come on out kid! I won't hurt you" He said randomly looking under one desk at a time. I am going to realy really hurt you! He had to smile at his thoughts. He had tried three of the six desks in the room. He knew the kid was hiding under on of the two he was standing in between. He couldn't have been under the one used to barricade the door.

Or could he? He made his way over to the desk by the door. And then jumped down to peer underneath. Unfortunately he was not there. "Damn" He muttered. He was up again this time going back towards the two desks from before. Standing between the two he smiled as a thought came to his head, "Okay you are a kid, let's play a game. Eenie, meenie minee moe" He said pointing his finger from one desk to the other, "Catch a blondie by the toe" He started to creep towards the desk he was certain Nick was hiding under. "If he hollers let him go" He said now standing right by the chair. He began to inch it away slowly from the desk. "Eenie, meanie minee.." He moved the chair completely away exposing Nick underneath.

Nick was ready for him he had the letter opener in his hand ready to stab at the guy, he saw his feet just resting right by his hideout. Then he saw the chair being pulled away very slowly. Before the guy had a chance to finish his little 'Game" Nick did it for him. He yelled "MOE!!" And stabbed the guy in the foot.

"AHHHHHHH! SHIT FUCK DAMN IT TO HELL SUCKY ASS LITTLE SHIT OUCH CRAP!!!" Chris said as he hopped around nursing his injured foot. Without thinking he dropped his gun to the floor. It went off leaving a bullet in the ceiling.

Nick quickly crawled out of his hiding spot and turned to see Chris staring at him, "I swear to God I am going to kill the hell out of you!" He said. Nick looked at him and said, "Um and one more thing, I am not a kid!" He felt like one of those good guys you found in a movie, you know the ones that say something witty before going off to rescue their friends. He was the good guy. He was the hero! He was...

"What the hell is going on here?" Terry asked coming into the scene. Caught He tried to push past Terry now but then he landed in Jordan's arms. He struggled with all his might, but once again he was overpowered. "What happened?" She asked Chris when she saw him hopping mad. And he really was hopping too. Chris hobbled over to her "He friggin stabbed me in the foot!" He said almost in a whiny cry.

"What is he even doing out here?" She asked him

"He was going to beat me up" Nick answered for her. Chris then brushed past Terry and went for Nick who was still in Jordan's grasp. "You are right but now I'm going to kill you!!" He said reaching for him. Jordan pulled Nick away "You will do no such thing" He said. "This kid is an asset!"

"No, Jordan that kids an ass" He went for Nick again this time getting hold of his shirt and pulling. Jordan pushed Chris away making him fall to the floor. "I said leave the boy alone!" Terry went over and squatted next to Chris, "The boy is worth a lot of money to us, all those guys are" Chris smiled at the mention of money.

"Seems we have a real star in our presence" Jordan said really holding Nick tightly.

"Come on, let's get Jason and the rest of these guys and get the hell out of here!" He said practically dragging Nick as he walked.