- Text Size +
AJ was feeling a little nauseous to begin with but once Jordan started to speed down the highway he really was afraid he might spew his guts all over the place. Since he was sitting right in back of the driver, it would be fitting to get it all over him. But then again he also might become erratic. Even more erratic than he already was, and end up crashing and killing them all. All because he had to vomit. What a nice headline in tomorrow's papers.

He closed his eyes trying to talk the sensation back down his throat. He was never a fan of car rides. True he never complained about it. Matter of fact, not many people knew. Only the rest of the boys and his Mom. That was all. He hated cars. They were moving death traps in his mind. Especially when you had a guy like Jordan going as fast as he was.

"Hey AJ put on your seat belt" Kevin whispered to him as he wrapped one around his waist securely.

AJ took his cue from the older man and did the same. Chris found it amusing. "What's the matter? You boys afraid of death?"

AJ ignored Chris and looked at the back of Nick's head. The kid was being too quiet. Plus being in the front just wasn't safe. As almost an example of his thoughts, The car made a sudden turn and began moving on the highway in the wrong direction. All the traffic was coming at them head on. They were going to die. And Terry and Jordan were laughing.

The car swerved in and out of traffic, everyone around them scrambling to get out of the way. The police cars, now numbering three were doing their best to follow behind but because of the level of danger, one of them was forced to give up chase and remain behind to help with all the wrecks.

"Good thinking honey!" Terry said reaching over Nick and giving her man a kiss.

"Yup I had a feeling that would work"

AJ looked over at Kevin who had his hands almost embedded in the front head rest where Terry sat. He was also biting his top lip. Never a good sign when he did that. He was nervous. REAL nervous.

The police cars were now catching up to the van, announcing something on a bull horn. It was impossible to hear though over the roar of the engine and the squeals of the tires.

"Terry you better put your seatbelt on, I'm doing it again" She did as she was told and then grabbed Nick in an embrace realizing he didn't have any protection at all.

"Okay, here we go" The car totally turned around again but this time he veered off towards the median, hitting it head on and ending up on the other side of the highway. All of their bodies pulled forward on the impact, Nick almost shooting completely out of his seat and hitting the dashboard, but luckily Terry had a grip on him. He came away with a bloody head.

"Dammit! Nick are you okay?" Kevin asked again leaning in towards Terry. Nick seemed shaken up a bit as he rubbed his head. "Yeah I think so" Then Kevin turned his attention to AJ, who looked like he was about to barf.

"You okay buddy?" AJ nodded but didn't say a word.

"Can Nick sit back here with us?" Kevin asked as calmly as he could. He realized the more anxious he looked or sounded, the happier his captors became and the last thing he wanted to do was make them happy.

"No way, there is no room and we want him up here with us, you know as insurance. Sorry Mr. Beautiful" Terry answered. When she said the Mr. Beautiful part, Jordan winced. He was jealous.

"But he needs a seatbelt, he is already injured"

"Quit your whining! It's only a bump. God I'm not wearing a seatbelt but then again, I'm not in some faggy boyband either" Chris had to add. God Kevin really hated Chris. He would love to take him out in an alley and demonstrate what a 'boyband' member could actually do. He would give that guy a major ass kicking.

Now the line of cars were beginning to diminish as police got word to close the road down. That made Kevin breath a sigh of relief. He hated to think that someone could die because of them. Too many bad things have already happened. He leaned over once again, "Nicky talk to me you okay?"

"He is perfectly fine" Terry answered for him "Aren't you bright eyes?"

"Christ Terry stop with all the cutsey ass nicknames. They are our hostages nothing else" Jordan said anger evident in his voice.

"Aww is somebody jealous?" She said now caressing Nick's hair. Jordan took his arm and pushed Terry's hand away from Nick. "Maybe we should move him back with his friends"

"No, I want him right here next to me" She said forcefully again playing with the kid's hair.

AJ and Kevin both didn't like the little childish scene playing out in the front seat. They were acting like a junior high couple. Only difference was this pair was lethal. Jordan was concentrating too much on Terry and not enough on the road. That was another thing that had them concerned. He had to have been going at least 90 miles an hour. Without even watching the road. His entire frame was now facing Terry. Even Chris had tensed at that.

"Stop playing childish mind games Terr and let the kid sit in the back"

"Just shut up and watch the road before you get us all killed"

"Go to hell! You are a real bitch you know that?" The car started to swerve towards the shoulder, when Jordan realized that he made a hard turn and the car was once again on the road. This knocked Chris onto Kevin's lap and made him hit his head on the side window.

"Shit!" Chris screamed now massaging his sore neck. Kevin just shook his head hoping that eventually the ringing would go away. AJ could no longer hold in his breakfast and it came out with full force all over the back seat.

"Disgusting!" Jason protested from the back.

"Great just great now see what you did? Now we have to drive the rest of the way with that smell in this car!"

"Shut up Terry it's your fault not mine"

"Kevin, AJ are you guys okay?" Nick asked from the front. He sounded shaky and hoarse. Like it was getting hard for him to talk.

"Yes buddy I'm fine" Kevin said, then he looked over at AJ. "J?" AJ turned toward his older bandmate and shook his head. "AJ is fine too"

"Good" Nick said before becoming very quiet again.

The police sirens were tripling in volume which meant that more people were now on their tails. By now Howie and Brian probably had given the police a detailed description of these guys with the rest of the hostages to back their story up. They hoped and prayed that they were right as they continued to drive down the highway towards their final destination




Brian and Howie sat hopelessly watching the car chase unfold. Knowing it was their friends on the inside. Jordan was driving totally recklessly and the thought that maybe he was trying to kill them all had briefly crossed Howie's mind. He tried to dismiss it as nerves. But when that car ran through the median, he had to walk away from the television.

"What do you think they are trying to accomplish?" Brian asked as Howie walked away and grabbed a drink from the vending machine. He couldn't believe how thirsty he was. Thirsty and hungry.

"I'm not sure, but they aren't being very safe"

"I know."

Brian was growing tense. He wanted this day to end. They had been at the police station for a while now. The police and management agreed that for the time being, that was the best place for them to be. To wait out the drama. It was hard for them just sitting back and not doing anything. They listened helplessly as police cars were reported casualties from the accidents the van was causing and the endless need for more backup. It appears that Jordan had quite the reputation for robbing banks. He has managed to escape capture several times. Hopefully his luck was running out.

He was also growing uneasy because they hadn't gotten that ransom call yet. They were sure that the bad guys would waste no time in calling Lou and demanding money. Still nothing though. Brian hoped it wasn't all just an excuse to lure the boys away. Lure them away and kill them. No, he couldn't think like that. He had to remain positive. Afterall it wasn't even like he was unaware of where they were. He was watching them right now. He could see every little thing they were doing. Still, he thought, it would be so much better if he could even look at them. See at least one of them. Sure the police had reported seeing about 6 people in the van. But not identifying anyone from sight. There would be no relaxing until that happened.

"Brian would you like anything to drink?"

"No thanks Howie"

"Looks like they are veering off the exit ramp now" One of the police officers said as they watched the car careen off of the highway at such a high speed that it almost landed on it's side. "What exit is that?" Another shouted.

"17b"

Then quickly the police called into all the cars in that area to be on the lookout for the van. The view of the van on television was being obscured by trees now. They could only catch a glimpse when the van would hit a clearing.

But they did hear the sound. The sound of a car going out of control. The screeching of tires followed by breaking glass.

Howie and Brian looking at each other, jaws dropping to the floor as the police scurried around them. "They crashed" Brian new it but wanted to pretend he didn't hear it. The policeman running by him was his reality check. "It's on fire and upside down"

Howie and Brian moved to the television and turned the sound way up there they heard the newscaster, "It appears that the minivan has crashed. We can not get a good view because of the trees but I hear it's on fire"

Howie and Brian watched in horror as they waited for news about their friends...