- Text Size +
Howie never in his life had been in a car that was going that fast ever. He had always dreamed what it would feel like being in a high speed chase, most boys did. He figured he would never get the opportunity to find out, now as he was racing towards their destination, the place where his friends would soon be found, he finally got his wish. He felt bad for being excited but he knew it was only a matter of time before Kevin, Nick and AJ were back and things could finally go back to normal.

He looked over at Brian. His poor friend was not enjoying the chase at all. He looked pale, if that was possible with his already pale features. Pale and worried. That look brought Howie out of his dreamlike little boy state into the present. He was worried too. What if they weren't really at this small closed airfield? What if it was just a hunch went wrong, Afterall, they hadn't come across the van yet. Unless they had time to make a car switch, which he highly doubted. Or the worst thought yet, especially once he heard the faint roar of a helicopter, what if they were too late?

Brian tapped Howie on the shoulder. "D? You don't think that's them do you?" He asked in a small, scared voice.

"I don't know Brian, I hope not" Then Brian, not accepting the answer Howie had given him, tried to lean into the front seat where the police officer sat as he sped along the highway.

"Do you think that helicopter is them?" He asked. The police officer seemed to ignore Brian and just kept concentrating on his driving.

"Yes, I think it's them" He said after a brief silence. Then he picked up his radio and called to another car, "The helicopter" He said speaking in fragments, "Is there anyway any of you can get there sooner?"

"Car 154?"

"Yes?"

"We are about two minutes away, we have the helicopter in sight"

"Excellent, we are right behind you"

"Thanks out"

"Out" When he was done talking he spoke to the shaken boys in the back of his car.

"There is a car right on top of them, he said he saw the helicopter, we are right behind him. You guys are strapped in correct?"

"Yes" Howie answered, holding his seatbelt for confirmation.

"Then let's go get your friends"




AJ watched as the first cop car sped right by him. Totally ignoring him and heading for the helicopter that had yet to take off. He wished he could will it to go faster but he hoped it would catch up with his friends before it left the ground. He saw another set of flashes come into view, this car speeding even faster than the last one, he moved out of the way as it too passed him right by.

Not paying any attention to where he was going he tripped over Jason's body and landed right next to him. He screamed when he saw the dead blank eyes staring at his own. The person that did this, now had his friends. He felt a chill run down his spine. He stood up and once again, focused his attention on the helicopter that had now slowly begun to take off.

He had only been in one maybe twice in his lifetime but he didn't think it took that long to get off the ground which meant that something was happening. Maybe Terry and Jordan were fighting, or maybe Kevin had managed to wrestle Jordan. Take him down. But nevertheless, the helicopter was now being lifted off the ground.

He started running towards all the commotion as yet another police car raced by. This time though, it stopped about two feet away from him. A police man got out of the car, and instinct made AJ raise his hands in the air.

"Are you Alex McClean?" The officer asked training his gun on the singer.

"Yes" He answered

AT the positive reply, the policeman lowered his gun, "Okay good you are safe now" He said walking towards AJ. He wanted to believe him but he didn't. Once the cop was right next to him, he realized that it wasn't a trick and he was in fact saved. He was just about to smile, grab the guy into a hug and give him a huge peck on the cheek when what came out of the officer's mouth had him retreat and stare back at the helicopter, "SHIT!" The policeman said.

AJ turned slowly just in time to see someone falling out of the helicopter. His fall was only from about ten feet but still it was a fall. It was a male, so he ruled Terry out, but it looked like it could have been Jordan.

"Stay here!" The cop ordered AJ, who found himself running right along side the guy. Luckily the cop was too concerned to care, since now he had one person on the ground and the rest slowly getting away.




Brian and Howie sat on the edge of their seats as they passed AJ in the car, "That's J!" Howie said to Brian, "Wait! That's our friend, stop the car" Brian answered in agreement. The cop ignored them both, "Not if you want the rest to escape. We know your friend is fine. Someone will be taking care of him shortly"

Brian and Howie nodded, he was right and at least AJ was safe, but why? Why was he left behind? Were they all maybe? Howie was broken out of his thoughts by Brian, "Oh my God, it's taking off!" Howie turned towards the helicopter to see it finally make it's ascent into the sky. It was going slowly and seeming to have trouble with it's take off but there it went. Was they got closer they saw the legs dangling out of the side.

The police car that had beat them to the scene was now parked right underneath it and the cop had hid gun raised and watched the struggle. The policeman the boys were with stopped his car then and got out, knowing there really wasn't much else to do.

"Someone's gonna fall" The one cop aid to the other as they watched. It was hard to make out who's leg it was but it was a long one. Then shortly after, a man came from falling from the helicopter and landed face first on the pavement.

Howie and Brian looked horrified as the policemen ran towards the fallen man. By this time, AJ and the other police officer had made their way to the main scene of the crime. Once Howie saw AJ he grabbed Brian and together they ran towards their friend. Howie embraced J in a huge hug that soon Brian joined, "Oh my God AJ, are you okay? What the hell happened?"

AJ couldn't believe he was reunited with his friends. "They didn't have enough room, I thought they were going to kill me" He said shaken up and near tears. That had both friends hold on to him even tighter, "Jordan killed both Chris and Jason, then he was gonna kill me. Terry convinced him to leave me behind"

"Wow! AJ, thank God you are okay"

"Yeah, I'm fine but what about Kevin and Nick?" That made all three boys look over to where the police were standing, over the semi conscious man who had fallen from the helicopter. "I don't even want to go over there" Brian said in a hesitant voice.

"Me either" Howie agreed.

"Boys" The police officer called to them, "Come here for a minute please" They slowly made their way over to the man lying on the floor, They realized who it was once they were right on top of him. A huge feeling of relief and terror went through their bodies as they looked over at the helicopter that was now going out of their view.

Brian put his hand up to his mouth, still not quite sure if any of this was real or not. Howie and AJ approached the victim slowly, he was hurt but overall, considering the fall, he was unharmed. They walked over slowly while Brian kept watching the helicopter fade into the distance. This was not good, he kept saying to himself over and over again...