- Text Size +
Nick looked down in horror at the ground. He didn't know what to do or say to make himself feel better. He closed his eyes and remembered how the scene unfolded to this. The last minute attempt that Kevin had made to take control of Jordan and his gun. Nick knew it was coming, he knew from the look of determination on his friend's face. Terry was watching her boyfriend with a look of pure disgust on her face as he yelled commands to the pilot of the helicopter.

"GO! GO!" He screamed, "The police are coming! Move it" It seemed as if the pilot was hesitant to take off. Nick had found himself wondering if the guy was in on the whole scheme or if he happened to be an innocent guy just trying to do his job.

Kevin however wasn't concerned with the pilot at all, he had his eyes on only one thing. Jordan's gun. He knew that if he could get the gun away from the man, he could in turn take control of this situation, so as Jordan was arguing with the pilot, Kevin leapt across to Jordan and tried to grab his gun.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Jordan asked now struggling with the weight of the tall man on top of him. Kevin had Jordan's wrist in his hand and was hitting it against the wall of the helicopter trying to loosen his grip on the gun.

"Dammit! Terry do something!" He screamed, but Terry only remained seated and watched the whole thing unfold. Finally Kevin successfully got the gun out of Jordan's hand and it went falling to the floor. That is when Terry went into action, She saw Nick going for the dropped gun, so she made a move and swiftly grabbed it and aimed it towards the blonde.

"Freeze or I'm going to kill him, Mr. Green eyes" Kevin stopped, and seeing the gun on Nick, he slowly backed off of Jordan. Jordan huffed and grabbed the gun out of Terry's hands "took you long enough bitch!" He yelled, then Jordan grabbed Kevin and pushed him out of the helicopter, or tried to at least. The tall man fell semi out and grabbed hold of one Jordan's legs.

"No!" Nick screamed going to Kevin's aid only to be pushed back by Jordan with such force it almost knocked him out of the other side of the helicopter.

Jordan kicked at Kevin hopping he would loosen his grip on his leg, but then a strong push had him flying totally out of the helicopter.

That led to where they were now. No one saying much, just all in total shock. Nick still staring down at the floor. He could see the police standing there over the man and he thought he saw his friends too. At least he knew how they were. His fate, however? No clue.

"Why did you do that?" Nick was brought out of his thoughts at the sound of his big brother's voice. Kevin was talking to Terry who seemed like she was herself, in shock. She was still holding her gun on Nick, but she wasn't really concentrating on anything.

"He killed the man I loved" She said simply. More like a woman distraught then an evil gun wielding maniac.

"I didn't want him to kill anyone else. Not today. Not ever"

"Thank you or saving my life" Kevin said smiling. She didn't smile back though.

"Do you think he is dead?" Nick asked in a whisper, still looking out the window and watching his friends gradually get smaller and smaller as they got further and further away.

"I don't know" Kevin answered leaning in towards his young friend.

"Don't thank me" Terry said seeming to come out of her little trance. She sat herself up straight and tall and choked back her tears to once again go into business mode. "We still have some unfinished business"

"Terry, it's over. Put the gun down and let us go. The police will be lenient with you. We will make sure they are"

"No!" She said emphatically shaking her head. "I am not going to prison"

"Maybe you won't" Kevin said in his calm and slow tone of voice.

"I know I won't" She said still fixing the gun on Nick.

"Can't you just drop us off somewhere? You know, then you can make your escape?"

She smiled at Nick's innocent plan. "You are really adorable do you know that?" She finally dropped her gun at her side and reached over and pet Nick's cheek. He responded by letting out a hacking cough.

"Please Terry? We are drained. You must be to. The kid is sick as a dog, it's over"

"I decide when it's over not you!" She raised her gun at Kevin this time. Kevin just ignored her and grabbed Nick in a hug. He could feel the heat coming from the kid and he knew he must have had a high fever.

"Jesus, you're just kids" She said once again putting down her gun this time on the seat next to her. She rubbed her eyes and left her hands over her face for a moment. That was long enough for Kevin to grab the gun of the seat and aim it at Terry.

"No, Terry, It's my decision and I am saying it's over" Kevin said. She slowly took her hands away from her face and shook her head while smiling at Kevin. "You should know never to mess with a control freak lady! Kevin always wins" Nick added.

"We could have made a great team you and I. Mr. Green eyes" She smiled, seeming not to really care that the gun was on her.

The pilot gradually found a place to take the helicopter down, Kevin never taking his eyes or the gun off of Terry. She only smiled at him and blew him a kiss from time to time. "Mr. Green eyes" She said right before they landed.

"Yes?"

"Would you actually shoot me?"

"If I had to"

"Okay, well I guess we'll find out then tata" Then she jumped out of the helicopter rolling to the ground. She laid there face down for a few minutes but then, giving the boys a salute, she went running. Kevin looked over at Nick and smiled. His first genuine one since waking up that morning.

"Well, buddy. It's over"

"Do you think they'll catch her?"

"No idea"

They embraced once again as the helicopter finally landed on the ground...