- Text Size +
He had this dream so many times before, him running away from some unforeseen force. Maybe it was a monster, maybe it was a bad guy trying to take his family, but it was always an invisible demon. Hearing the footsteps increase their speed as they came towards him, never able to move as fast as needed to get away. Why he found himself reliving all of his worst nightmares, first the dark cold tunnels of the air ducts, now being chased, Nick had no idea. All he knew is this was real, a bit too real for him and now he had been stupid and run away. Probably wasn't the right thing to do, since she was being so nice to him, but he felt like he had a window and went for it.

She was up and running faster than he anticipated however which had his heart almost up his throat and jumping out of his body. To make it worse, she was yelling his name. So he acted like it was just some rambunctious fan after him, not a lady with a gun possibly. If she had a gun, it was odd she didn't even try to use it on him, he thought as he continued running, going in and out of rooms like he was in a fun house.

He also felt horrible, his head really hurt him from the fall he took and he was sleepy and feverish, yet, he still gave it everything he had, and was happy when he saw a broom closet. He opened the door and crept inside. He knew she would look in here so he grabbed the a pail and used it as a step and as quickly as he could, climbed up on the shelf. Covering himself with some painter's canvas just as he heard her footsteps approaching.




Terry was growing tired of this little game, she had the boy the entire time, the minute she walked over to that desk, she had seen him, actually his foot, yet she kept it to herself. She had thought about maybe scaring him out of his hiding place but she was a little afraid that Jason would lose his temper, so she had sent Jason out of the room and waited for the opportunity to have Nick to herself. She was eager to meet him, if he looked anything like Chris had described. Blonde hair, blue eyes, young and innocent, that's how she liked her prey, and at first sight that is exactly what he was. Stunningly beautiful, and innocent. He looked so scared when she found him, she tried her hardest not to laugh at him. Then he took her by surprise.

She hated surprises.

He jumped up and got away, leaving her now roaming around a bank looking for him. Luckily no one knew she found him, otherwise there would be hell to pay, especially from Jordan. He was not a man to be messed with, why she ever fell in love with him, was a mystery. She had a normal life up until she met Jordan, and then he came in and made her BAD. Bad to the core. She kind of liked it that way. But it grew tiresome too.

This whole bank idea would not end well, that's what she told him from the start of planning. They would be caught, and then they would be screwed. He, ironically, is an optimist and was convinced that everything would work out. That was before some kid decided to play Batman. Now he was mad, so was Chris, and she had to make sure neither of them did anything stupid. It was getting harder for her though as she felt her own anger building. Not so much at the kid, but at herself for letting him get away. She should have taken him when she had the chance. She won't make a mistake like that again. She stopped to collect her thoughts, in front of a broom closet. She smiled, knowing that he would have to be inside.

Drawing her gun she opened the door.

It was empty, she turned on the light to make sure, and unfortunately she was right. "Damn kid where the hell did you go?" She asked, unaware that he was right there over her head under the canvas, holding his breath.

She stood there for a few minutes trying to figure out where the kid could have possibly wandered off to now, he needed to be found, otherwise he would ruin everything. "Ah well, I tried" She said in a huff and just like that, exited the closet. Walking back towards the main entrance she contemplated telling them about his escape, but decided against it. For now anyway, that wasn't part of her game just yet. She knew she did want to see the kid again, have some fun with him. He had to be found first. So she went to the lobby and regrouped with her partners. Jordan would not be happy.




When Nick heard that closet door open, he gasped before drawing in a deep breath which might have to last forever. He knew better than to breath with her standing right under him. It seemed an eternity that she stood in that closet trying to figure out what to do next. An eternity feeling that at any second a cough, or movement would give himself away. Luckily she moved on then, relief washing through the young man's body. He still laid motionless though, right where he was under the protection of the canvas. Maybe he would stay right there until the police found them all and brought them to safety. He couldn't run anymore, he didn't have the strength. His head was throbbing now, to the point where he felt as if he might throw up and the cough was awful. The burning in his lungs from trying to stifle it, made things even worse. So he thought it was best to just stay put for the time being, give them time to search everywhere else first. Seemed like a plan to him he thought as he drifted off to sleep under the warmth of the canvas.




Kevin watched as Jason came running back explaining to the man in charge the situation, whatever it was, then he took off once again towards the bathrooms. Minutes later, the woman came walking back head down as she spoke to the man in charge, his body posture tensing. He didn't seem to happy. They kept looking over at the four boys and this had Kevin a little concerned. Sure enough they walked right over to them and Jordan sat down, and stared at them. "How are we gonna get the kid out here?" He finally asked after a moment of silence.

The question seemed directed at Kevin so he answered, "If he thinks you are gonna hurt him, he won't come out at all."

"I won't hurt him if he comes out now, the longer I wait the madder I get!"

"Any ideas?" He asked the guys looking them up and down. It was AJ that spoke now, "I don't want you to find him" Kevin rolled his eyes. When was the kid ever going to learn to keep his mouth shut? Suddenly the evil guy painted a devilish grin on his face, "I have an idea" He said. He stood up and in one swift move brought AJ to his feet. "Hey!" Howie yelled but Terry was right there holding a gun on him. "You know the five of you are really pains in the asses!" She said to Howie while giving the rest of the silent crowd a dirty look.

"Where are you going with him?" Kevin demanded as Jordan walked away with AJ in hand. "We are going to make your friend an offer he can't refuse" He said pulling a reluctant AJ along with him. "What kind of an offer?" AJ asked him as he was being dragged along to the back hallway where Jordan was sure Nick could hear him.

"You'll see" He said then, holding AJ close to his side, he shouted, "Nick you have been a big pain in everyone's side young man so I am going to make you an offer that you will find hard to refuse" He paused to look around the room, seeing if he saw the slightest sign of movement. Annoyed that he didn't, he continued, "You come out now, and I will let your friend" He bent over AJ and whispered, "What was your name?"

"AJ" He said sounding hesitant and scared, "AJ, I will let AJ leave if you come out. No police have come and we want exposure. AJ can run and tell them all about us" AJ felt anxious, was the guy for real? Was he actually going to let him leave? He felt bad for being happy about the possibility. Watching the rest of this unfold from the safety of a hotel room somewhere. Safe from harm.

"So, what do you say Nick? Sacrifice yourself for your friend?"




Nick stirred at the sound of the man yelling his name and then making the offer that would set AJ free, He took his canvas blanket off and jumped down from the safety of the shelf he was perched on. Ready to open the door and surrender himself once and for all for his friend...