- Text Size +
AJ stood there, his shoulder hurting from where the gunman was gripping him looking for Nick the good angel on his shoulder saying Nick stay hidden, don't come out. The devil on his other, shouting come on Nick I want to get the hell out of here! Time seemed to stand still. Nobody moved or made a sound. "What do you say kid? the offer is only good for a few more minutes and then you're on your own"

Nick stood with his hand on the doorknob terrified. What if it was a trick? But now he only had a few minutes to decide. AJ would never forgive him if he didn't come out there and give his friend a chance at freedom. J deserved it. Maybe then he would go buy me some friggin cough medicine, Nick said under his breath. He made up his mind then "For real?" He spoke in a loud whisper.

Jordan turned towards the voice and smiled, yup he knew the kid would fall for it. They always fall for it. "Yes, come on out"

AJ tensed as he saw a door open slowly in the distance, "Stupid kid" He heard the man holding him say. That is when he realized that it was a trap, Nick was walking into a trap. "Nick don't it's" Jordan placed a hand on AJ's mouth, "Quiet or I will kill you" he spat into AJ's ear.

The door stopped, and Nick said, "What? J did you say something?" The man gripped AJ's cheeks very tightly and once again whispered to him, "Tell him you said to hurry up, or I swear to God after I shoot you I will kill him" J took a deep breath and thought for a second of becoming a martyr and telling the kid, who he knew idolized and worshiped the ground he walked on, to run like hell, making sure he made one final plea for Nick to tell his Mom he loved her. She would have to understand the sacrifice he made to save his little brother.

His fear and common sense soon took over though, and he reluctantly did as he was told, "I said hurry up" He shouted to the boy, "I hate you for this" He whispered to the man. He couldn't believe he was letting Nick walk into a trap. But..he told himself, at least this way I will be able to watch over him, we all will. AJ started to relax at the sight of seeing his friend, he looked a little pale and was walking very slowly, but he was alive and now he would be with his brothers.

Nick smiled when he saw AJ, yes he was doing the right thing. AJ needed his freedom, at least it would be one less person he would worry about. AJ would do much better on the outside then he ever could. AJ was better at things like this. He didn't like seeing his friend being held at gunpoint, that made him stop in his tracks making the man holding the gun, visibly annoyed. The man took the gun away from AJ's head and pointed it at Nick.

"Well, come on kid we have waited long enough for your appearance, the quicker you get your ass over here, the quicker he gets to leave" As he drew ever closer to Jordan and AJ, he felt better about his decision. "That's right come on, a little closer a little closer" AJ heard Jordan mutter under his breath like he was a hunter willing a fawn to walk into the middle of a field, both sitting ducks.

Then it happened faster than either AJ or Nick could have expected

Jordan pushed AJ to the ground and grabbed for Nick, holding him tight and shaking him, "HA!! I can't believe you fell for that kid! God how stupid are you?" Nick struggled to break free of the man's grasp as AJ jumped to his feet to help. Jordan now had Nick by the shoulder holding the gun to his head, "Don't even think about AJ, haven't you learned from him yet?"

"What's going on?" Nick stuttered while the man held him almost too tight for him to breath. "What's going on? I'll tell you what's going on, me having to stop all of my work to look for you! I don't appreciate it Nick! You have caused us a lot of grief boy!"

Nick looked over at AJ, panic etched across his face. "So, on behalf of all of us" Jordan said picking up the gun and getting ready to hit Nick across the face with it. AJ watched in slow motion, when his brotherly instinct kicked in and he jumped up from the floor and knocked the man down right before he was able to strike Nick in the head. The gun went flying out of his hand and AJ not stopping to worry about it, grabbed for Nick who was still scared and confused and ran.

"J what is going on?"

"Nick shut up and run"




Jordan laid ion the floor trying to process what had just happened, he had been rooked once again by a pair of stupid kids. With that thought, he stood up and searched the room for his gun, unable to find it, he pursued them out of the room and down the hallway.

"You better run, because when I get my hands on you, I will rip you in two!" He screamed after them, he couldn't see them but he knew he had to be catching up to them.

"Nick AJ come back here now!!! Dammit!" He was losing his cool. He knew he would catch hell for this, especially from Terry. Yes, she would make some sarcastic remark and make a fool of him in front of his men and his hostages. There was no way he was going back empty handed, No way in hell.




"God come on Kid, keep up, hurry there's a lunatic after us now!"

"J, I'm going as fast as I can"

"It's not fast enough, hurry" He turned towards the blonde and grabbing him by his hand, pulled him along. They heard Jordan screaming after them and AJ knew if they were caught, it will all be over.

"Why did you do that AJ?"

"Shut up and run!"

"Come back here you lousy kids!"

"Oh my gosh he sounds like he is getting very close" Nick said his voice in a high panic. AJ was just about to tell him to shut up again when he saw a narrow staircase in front of them.

"Should we go up or down?" J asked as they came to the base of the stairs, when he didn't receive an answer he looked back at Nick who was bent over holding his hands on his knees. "Nick" He ran towards him again. Nick was completely out of breath. Knowing in that condition he wouldn't be able to handle climbing up, they descended the steps.

It was dark and cold down there but they didn't dare to put on a light, they walked carefully avoiding anything that might stand in the way. AJ walking ahead of Nick who had his hand on J's shoulder. Nick stopped and started to cough. Nervous J put his hand to the teens mouth trying to stifle the sound.

That's when AJ realized how sick his friend was. The heat coming off of Nick's body felt like a heating pad. When he was done coughing, AJ decided they needed to find a hiding place for now. They kept moving until he came to a very small door, he pushed through it to see it was an empty storage room, nothing in here except for some big garbage bins and huge canvas bags. Maybe this would be a good place to hide. He didn't hear Jordan's grumbling anymore, or his footsteps so for now at least he felt safe.

"Let's stop here kid okay?"

"Okay"

"It's cold in here"

"I know"

"But I think we will be safe..for now"

"Hey J?"

"What Nick?"

"Thanks for not letting that guy hit me"

"Yeah, the thought of him messing up the pretty little face was more than my heart could take" Despite their situation, they both laughed...