- Text Size +
Her blue eyes flashed with anger, as she peered into his deep green eyes. She didn’t fear him and he didn’t understand why. She was a tall woman taller than even him but he didn’t think she had enough strength to fight him. He was not a weak man no one had ever said he was, but it was strange, this woman could throw him around like a rag doll. He reached down, lifted her off the ground, and threw her across the room, her body hitting the wall and falling to the ground. Cheers filled the room, he looked around and looked back down at the masked woman. She was quickly to her feet knocking him off his feet to the floor.
“Enough.” A voice boomed throughout the enclosed room, she quickly stood to her feet, and pulled back to a fighting stance. The man glanced around and wiped the blood from his mouth, waiting.
“Kayla, Kevin, that’s enough.” They both stood, she was still full of anger and she wanted to have his life or have someone to blame.
“Why can’t we finish? We were told to fight.” She asked almost growling. This human had angered her. She knew he hadn’t been the reason she was there but she wanted someone to blame and he was a likely target.
“Because, you are here for our amusement, not your own.” He reminded her
“Now, you must be punished for your insolence. TAKE THEM.” Kevin looked around knowing that the doors to the room would open, he feared them as did all others, you were never certain what lay beyond them
“I am sorry human.” She said to him, her gruff features softening slightly.
“I should never have angered you, they warned me. “ he said with a chuckle, and then he sobered up
“You can call me Kevin.” He said introducing himself, hoping she would calm down.
“If we live to see another day I may call you just that.”
“Ok” Kevin leaned against her as the guards advanced. They were taken roughly from the room and into another. Kevin was shoved in first hitting the back wall with a crash as Kayla was flung in after him.