- Text Size +
Kevin had watched her pace for the better part of an hour. He wasn’t truly sure what to do with her, he had never seen anyone like her then again a lot about what the universe still surprised him. Being from a large family Kevin had never left Earth. Not that he didn’t dream of one day going out and traveling the stars but he never knew it would be like this.
“ Talk to me human.” Kayla said sitting down carefully, her ribs ached as did her back.
“ About what?” Kevin asked thinking they had finally made it past her calling him human.
“ About your family. I know that you where wishing you where home with them.” She said looking towards him.
“ How is that possible?”
“ I am a empath” She said looking at him. “ That is one gift from my mother I could have done without.” She commented to him.
“ You can feel my emotions.” Kevin said looking at her.
“ Yes, it’s the one thing I can’t handle, being a warrior that is one thing that is my weakness.” She said looking away from his eyes.
“ My family was large and my father died when I was a boy. He left me with the one thing I had always thought never to be useful, be a good warrior by being a good friend. Never really understood what he meant until now.”
“ My family wasn’t as large but I came from a great house. We where a very honorable and strong family. My father on the councle. He always wanted me to be a strong warrior. I just never thought it would be by fighting in an arena to stay alive.” She said sadly. They both jumped when the door opened and several guards entered the room.
“ Put on your mask. You both have a match.”
“ It’s a good day to die.” She said with a smile.





**** Kayla’s POV******

I watched the young human move up behind me. He didn’t seem to trust me alone. I am strong and brave and he knows it. He’s seen me fight and yet he still feels the need to protect me. It’s the other way around I feel the need to protect him, something about him makes me want to keep him safe from harm. I can feel the anger and sadness radiating in the halls, from the other prisoners as we make our way down the hall. My body still aches a bit from the beating it took earlier. I can feel where Kevin’s hands hand moved gently over my body cleaning and dressing my wounds. I hated feeling so fragile but I didn’t have much of a choice as the master of this place beat and molested me in ways even my father would have found dishonorable.
“ Kayla, are we fighting together?” Kevin asked looking at me. I see the concern in his deep green eyes.
“ I am unsure.” I say as we walk down the dark hallway. I heard the cheers of the crowds now don’t get me wrong being from a warrior race I enjoy a good fight but I wasn’t really sure if I should be fighting for someone amuzement.
“ Yes you are fighting together. Chained together.” I turned to see the trolge that had assaulted her.
*** end pov***




“ What do you mean chained together?” Kevin asked looking at the man.
“ Just as I said, you will be chained together. I want to see the two of you work together and survive.”
“ You wouldn’t dare. I wont hurt him” Kayla growled looking at the man that had caused all her problems. She still had yet to see his face just his evil eyes that’s all she had seen that night in the darkness. She looked down as the chain was cuff was clamped onto her arm. Kevin groaned as he ended up with the other end of the chain and cuff. He stood there for a moment and then felt as he was pulled forward and then shoved into the arena with Kayla.
“ You ready human.” She asked looking at him. Kevin at her and nodded and stood with her back against his.
“ As ready as I’ll ever be” Kevin said raising the weapon he had been handed. It was the only time Kayla had been able to use her Bat’leth as she stood holding it for her fight. She heard what sounded like growling coming from the unopened doors. She didn’t like where this was leading as the doors slid opened and two large wolf like creatures entered the room. They deffinately not from her part of the universe and she promised they weren’t from Kevin’s either.
“ What the hell is that?” Kevin asked looking at her over his shoulder.
“ That is an excellent question. They aren’t from my part of the universe.” She said blocking a blow from the large of the two creatures. Kevin brought the sword he held in his hands and slashed it across the other creatures arm hearing howl it in pain. Kayla growled and moved forward and hit the creature before her in the leg with her weapon and stepping back waiting for his reaction only to find out what it was the hard way as he lashed out and dug his long nails into her skin ripping it open. Kayla howled in pain and grabbed the creature by it’s throat and snapped it’s neck. Turning her angry eyes towards the other creature she dug her Bat’leth into his torso and flipped it across the room leaving a bloody trail before she dropped to her knees in pain.
“ We won.” She said looking towards the doors. She knew what lay behind them that night as guards advanced towards the two.

She held onto Kevin as they moved down the hallway back to their cell, she wouldn’t admit it in front of their captors that she was hurting badly. Kevin stumbled twice as they walked into the cell he and Kayla collapsed in a heap on the floor.
“ Damn your heavy.” Kevin said rolling out from under her. He could see she had passed out again.
“ Damn it, Kayla stay awake.” Kevin said slapping her hard across the face. Kayla’s eyes snapped open and she growled at him.
“ Bastard” She growled as she made her way to her feet. She shakily stood and walked to her bunk and lay down on it. She pulled her knees up as she felt her battered and bruised body protest with the act.
“ Kayla put your legs down I will clean that wound.”
“ No, it’s not that bad.”
“ It’s bad enough, let me clean it. We will get out of here.” Kevin said smoothing her hair away from her face. He could see the blood running down her face. He hated seeing someone hurting this badly especially a warrior of her kind. He moved the cloth around and cleaned the blood away from her face.



She had watched his body and motions it had been three weeks since they had been put in a cell together, she wasn’t sure if her feelings for him was because she wanted to protect him or cause she cared. She felt his hands his strong hands on her shoulders. She had come to rely on those strong hands.
“ Kevin.” She said feeling him pull her into his strong arms. She stood a head taller than he did but she didn’t care. We had been brought to a new cell something they could be watched in.
“ Food’s here.” He said holding her hand in his.
“ I’m not hungry.” She whispered. She felt Kevin’s soft lips on her neck.
“ I am going to eat, I’ll leave you some.” Kevin said moving away from her. Kayla sat down on her cot and checked the new wounds she had. They weren’t as bad as the others she had but bad enough. She looked out of the corner of her eye to see Kevin lifting the fork to eat. She looked at the food and could feel something was wrong. She stood and knocked the food away from him.
“ What the hell? Kayla?” He said looking at her with confused eyes.
“ The food they put something in the food.” She said reaching down and bringing what he was about to eat to her nose so she could smell it.
“ Poison?” Kevin asked looking at her. Kayla nodded and looked towards the door, her eyes blazing with anger. She heard the evil laugh she had become used to over the months she had been there. She wasn’t letting anyone near Kevin and she had made that promise and it was one she had intended on keeping. She looked at the door and watched it open.
“ Time for another match.” He said coming into the room. Behind him guards but what Kayla noticed was the two smaller men that stood chained behind them. A short blonde his eyes down cast in shame another brunette standing next to him, the same young man she had seen three months ago.
“ Are they our next aponents?” Kayla asked.
“ Yes. They are.” He said looking at Kayla. “ I am leaving them in here with you. Do with them what you chose.”
“ Why? If we are going to kill them why leave them with us.”
“ Because I wish it and it shall be done.” He said shoving the two chained men into the small cell. Kevin stood behind Kayla and looked at the men.
“ Brian?” Kevin said looking at the smaller man. Kayla watched as the man looked up at Kevin. The look of recognition in his scared blue eyes, Kevin pulled the younger man into his arms and held onto him tightly.
“ Who’s this?” Kayla asked causing the two new arrivals to jump.
“ My cousin Brian. He’s been missing for a few years. Hey little cousin how long have you been here?” Kevin asked looking into Brian’s eyes.
“ Four Years.” Brian stuttered out looking at his cousin. Brian looked past Kevin and looked at Kayla. “ What is she?”
“ I am a Klingon and your both human.” She said to the new comers. The dark haired man looked at them and sat himself down in a corner. Kayla moved to him.
“ What is your name human?” She asked looking at him.
“ Alexander.” He said pulling his knees up. He had seen her fight and the day she had been brought to the master, he was to convince her he was the master and when he had failed he was punished.
“ You’re the one that had been punished the day I was beaten.” Kayla said looking at Alexander. Alexander nodded his head but kept it lowered.