- Text Size +
This is my first attepmt at a story like this, so please let me know what you think so far.

Prologue

Amber’s pace quickened as she heard footsteps close behind her. A brisk winter wind blew as she wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to keep warm. She heard the footsteps getting closer and she walked even more quickly. She could have killed her mom for having her go to the store so late just to get stamps, half a dozen eggs and a package of chili seasoning. Amber hated the dark and hated even more that she was alone, walking home. The grocery store was walking distance from her house…a little over half a mile, to be exact. With that fact in mind, her mother hadn’t let her use the car.

Amber shivered, feeling unsafe in the familiar surroundings. Her heart pounded in her chest, for she knew that somebody was following her. Or was it her mind playing tricks on her because she was afraid?

Rounding the corner, Amber entered the alleyway that would end and lead her to her house. The long, dark alleyway that she despised so much. It was always littered, with garbage bins for the companies that were there to dispose of their waste. Her mind always conjured up creative things when she walked down the alley. She was always weary, thinking that somebody was hiding on the other side of one of the large garbage bins. In her eight years of using the alley though, nothing had ever happened. She was nineteen how, and that fact still didn’t make Amber trust it though. She felt helpless during the daylight hours, let alone feeling the danger of it when it was completely dark. The only light was a dim one clear on the other side of the alley. It wasn’t much though.

Amber found herself quickening her pace even more. Along with her, the other set of feet pounding against the pavement seemed to as well. Whoever it was definitely wasn’t making their presence unknown. She found that odd. If it were an attacker, wouldn’t they try to be a bit more quiet? Amber wasn’t sure. She had never been in this situation before. Amber wondered if it was one of her friends, purposely trying to get a good scare out of her. But would they really do something this cruel just for laughs the next day?

Soon, Amber could swear that the footsteps were gaining on her. Thank god that she was almost home. Amber estimated about a quarter mile. She could make it…she knew it. Taking in a deep breath, Amber breathed in the frigid air. Her throat was beginning to become sore from the coldness of the air. Her face stung from the numbness that was taking over, if that made any sense. Amber couldn’t wait to be in the warmth of her home. It wouldn’t be long now. She could almost taste the cup of steaming hot cocoa that she was going to make for her self, finished off with a glob of whipped cream…

Suddenly, Amber tripped, causing her to stumble. Her heart caught in her throat, but she got her balance back, and picked up her pace again, but not quick enough. A hand grabbed her from behind, causing her to drop the grocery’s. Amber shrieked before the hand went over her mouth. Amber knew now that she wasn’t being paranoid. This was for real. Amber tried to yell again, but the hand was clamped too tightly to her mouth for her to get out any pleas for help. The smell of old leather filled her nostrils. The texture was rough with age. This definitely wasn’t the works of a cruel joke from one of her friends.

“Don’t try to escape,” A low voice growled, “And don’t make any sound,” he added as a warning.

Amber just nodded, afraid to protest her attacker. Tears filled her eyes, fear taking over her body. Why was this happening to her? Finally, the hand was removed from her mouth, and she could breath easily again. Amber took in a deep breath. The fresh air felt good, cold as it might be. Figuring if she just did what the man wanted without a fight, he would leave her alone. She would do anything, just to return home safely. The man, as soon as his hand was off of her mouth, grabbed her arm. He jerked her roughly, dragging her behind him to the side of one of the trash bins.

“Don’t scream,” he warned.

Amber’s eyes filled with fright as she just nodded. What was he going to do with her? She felt as if she could have a heart attack from the immense fear that was overcoming her. This was nothing like she had ever felt before.

Amber chocked on a sob as she felt her winter coat being taken off of her and next, the fabric of her shirt tearing off of her body. A light snow had begun to fall, and she shivered, understanding what was happening now. Soon, she was completely exposed. The man roughly shoved her to the ground before unzipping his pants and taking them off, crawling on top of her.

“Please…don’t…” Amber whimpered.

“Shut up,” the man snarled, slapping her across the face.

Amber wished that the alley wasn’t so dark, so she could get a glimpse of her attacker. He was smart though. He knew that in his chosen place, nobody would find them. Amber And she wouldn’t be able to make out his features. Amber closed her eyes, waiting for fate to take its course. The man violently inserted himself into her, fucking her as if she were a rag-doll. Amber’s body hit the pavement over and over again, her head slamming against it. She was becoming so weak…she could feel herself beginning to lose consiousness. She couldn’t though. She had to stay awake. Paralyzed by fear, Amber did nothing to stop the man. She couldn’t scream, she couldn’t move. All she could do was let him do as he pleased with her. Amber suddenly found her voice, and she tried to yell, but the hand went back over her mouth.

“Try that again, and you’ll be sorry.”

And then, she got another blow to her face. His hands wrapped around her arms so tightly, Amber thought that they might fall off. Was that possible? Amber sniffled, wanting to yell, but she was afraid by his warning. She wanted to make it home safely after he left. When would that be? The man continued to jerk her body violently as he got pleasure out of using her for his own sexual needs and desires. Pain began to shoot throughout her body and she felt as if her insides were being ripped apart. Amber felt something warm, and she was sure that she was bleeding.

Finally, she could feel the pressure of the man’s body on hers letting up, and he was standing above her. Amber breathed a sigh of relief, and without opening her eyes, she could hear him putting his pants back on. The nightmare was over. The rape was done. She didn’t make any attempt to get up, and even if she wanted to, she wasn’t sure if she could. Her whole body ached so badly. She hurt so much. Amber wondered if her legs would support her to get home. Her mom would be worrying about her by now…but why wasn’t she coming to find her?

“You know what I have to do now,” the voice lowly stated, causing Amber to jump, “So you don’t go to the police.”

Amber wasn’t sure. But she knew when she heard a soft clicking sound. Her life flashed before her eyes and she hoped that her parents knew how much she loved them. She wished that she could tell them one last time. She wished that she could tell them that this wasn’t her fault and she hadn’t wanted anything to do with it. Less than a second later, a shot blasted through the night air at her. Amber could honestly say that she felt no pain, but she knew that she’d been shot. Her body had prepared herself for the blow. Her chest heaved as she found it harder and harder to breath. Amber winced as another bullet went through her chest. Before Amber heard footsteps as the intruder ran away, she felt something being placed over her body in attempt to cover her. A frightened tear fell down her cheek.

“Help me,” she wheezed, but it came out a whisper. She was becoming so weak. The sky was starting to spin around her, and she struggled to keep her eyes open now. Amber sobbed lightly, wondering what would become of her. The temperature was continuing to drop. She wondered if she was ever found, if it would be alive. Her eyes shut unwillingly, and she jerked them open again, her throat closing up on her. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to fight it any longer. Again, Amber thought of her parents. She couldn’t imagine what this would do to them. She was their only child. Amber was giving up, and those were her last thoughts before warmth enveloped her, and peace surrounded her. Then, everything finally went black.