- Text Size +
Epilogue

Amber smiled brightly at the Boys and waved as she exited the small conference room at the hotel, making her way over to them. She’d just finished up with yet another one of her counseling sessions, which took place every Monday and Thursday in the mornings at whatever hotel they were staying at, and if not at a hotel, on the road in their bus. Her counselors name was Cindy Lucas, a woman in her mid twenties who was friendly and patient with Amber. At first, she’d been hesitant about the sessions, but quickly warmed up to the idea, giving in and going along with them.

It was a little over two months later. She’d stayed in the hospital for another two days after the Boys had first been let in to see her. Nick’s siblings had all come out as well for a quick visit, showing she had more people who cared than she had thought. The Boys had to reschedule the shows that they’d missed in the almost two weeks they’d been absent. The last of the shows was for that night.

Amber had been put on medication on top of the counseling to reduce her risk of the panic attacks she’d experienced every now and then. She had to admit that it was helping, for she’d only experienced one since she’d been out of the hospital. Everything was helping.

“Hey, kiddo,” Brian grinned at her, holding his arms open in a warm greeting, “How’d things go today?”

Amber walked in to his arms, meeting him in a large hug. Within the past two months, Amber had become a lot closer to each of the other guys as well. She’d especially opened up to the idea of giving Howie and Brian a fair chance, and was glad that she had. They were great guys. All five of them were. She didn’t know how she hadn’t seen it before. The only possibly thing she could think of was that she had not allowed herself to. Cindy had helped her to break the barrier she’d built against them. What had helped tremendously was the fact that they’d all been there for her through everything. Her rape, her troubled life, her fear of them, her suicide attempt. Through it all, they’d been there to offer a helping hand. In the end, she’d seen it clearly. Amber pulled away gently from the embrace with Brian.

“Great,” she replied cheerfully, “She really has helped me out so much. It’s unbelievable how much better I feel about things.”

And that was the honest truth too. She was no longer afraid to live and had gotten past many obstacles which had left her stuck and stranded. She was learning to trust the male gender again slowly. She already had five down. There was a world of them to go though. Amber realized that she could not be petrified of every male she came in sight of. She could be cautious, but needed to realize that she couldn’t think that they were all bad. She was slowly beginning to see that.

“Do I get a hug too?” Howie joked, his face showing seriousness with his bottom lip stuck out in a pout, his eyes giving away his joking attitude.

Amber laughed, “Of course, D,” she giggled, advancing to Howie, giving him a large hug.

She pulled away, still smiling. Her eyes had a certain light to them that had not been there before. Her complexion had gained color and her attitude towards life had definitely improved. She loved to love living again.

“So, what’s up for today?” Amber asked the Boys.

“Well, lil sis,” Nick stated, draping an arm around her shoulder, “We have our last show today for the year.”

Amber’s face fell. She’d finally accepted all of the Boys, and it was almost time to take off in separate directions for months.

“Don’t worry...during breaks, we all get together a few times. Anyways, we still got today.” Nick told her in attempt to cheer her up again.

Amber smiled up at him, “Sounds perfect,” she stated.

Her mind then wandered back to the first time she’d ever seen the Boys. It was when she was waking up from the rape, not admitting to herself that it had happened. They’d been there though, taking her in through the hard, seemingly impossible time in her life, life five angels. Even when she’d been scared that she couldn’t go on, telling herself that she couldn’t, they’d never given up on her. Here she was, almost four months later, and they were still there to protect her. Amber sighed a happy, content sigh. Her life was finally getting back on track.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Boys hustled around backstage getting ready to take the stage. Amber grinned as she saw A.J. making his way towards her.

“Hey baby,” A.J. seductively said.

“Hey,” she whispered back, walking in to his arms. She stood up on tip toes to kiss him passionately softly on the lips, “Good luck tonight.”

A.J. looked in to Amber’s eyes, thanking her with them. She couldn’t be happier. Her and A.J. had been dating for a little over three weeks. He’d slowly earned her complete and total friendship, and soon, an attraction had formed that was mutual. It had all happened pretty quickly after A.J. had told Amber about his past problem, spilling the whole story. Amber had been shocked, but learned that she really wasn’t alone after all. She’d found someone to confide in who would understand her better than anyone else in that aspect. His intentions had worked at gaining her trust. Not so long after, A.J. had asked her out on a date and a relationship had blossomed from there. All of the guys could see it coming from a mile away and were happy for the two of them. They were proud of Amber for giving A.J. a chance. The couple was taking things slow, which was what Amber needed. A.J. realized that. But they were together, and that was all that mattered to him, other than her being okay.

Even though they were together, they knew that it was too soon for her to live with A.J. during the off-touring season. She was still going to go with Nick, and A.J would come and visit every other weekend to see her. They figured that it would be the best that way, until their relationship was stronger and they knew one another better.

“C’mon, Aje...lets move. Time to get out there,” Kevin stated, breezing past A.J. and Amber with Brian and Howie directly behind him. Nick was last, stopping for a split second to stare at the two, a lopsided grin on his face.

“You’d better not hurt my lil’ sister,” Nick warned A.J, but he was smiling. He knew that A.J. wouldn’t. In fact, he felt that they were the perfect match for one another.

“Wouldn’t dream of it,” A.J. assured Nick.

Nick patted A.J. on the back and took off after the rest of them. A.J. turned back to Amber, kissing her once more.

“See you after the show?” A.J. asked

“Of course,” Amber replied.

She smiled as he ran off after the others to join them. Sometimes, when A.J. touched her, she still tensed a little, the reminder of the rape coming back, but relaxed quickly, knowing that he would never hurt her. She was slowly becoming better little by little. She knew that within no time, she would feel one-hundred percent comfortable with A.J. All she could to was take her life and the steps to a full recovery one step at a time, and that was exactly what she intended on doing.

A/N- I just wanted to thank everyone who read my story, especially those who reviewed. Your words of encouragement kept me going. I am sorry it took so long to finish up the last few chapters. Life has been hectic here, but I finished! lol. I can't wait to hear what everyone thought of the ending...or if you haven't reviewed before, maybe what you thought overall. Either way, thanks to everyone! I appriciate all of your support throughout my writing this!