- Text Size +
“Predestined Insanity”

**~First Sight~**

Jamelet laughs as she helps place the last glass dish into the dishwasher. “I heard about that, but didn’t think it was true.”

“Hey I was tortured growing up with these guys.” Nick smirks, wiping the counter with a rag.

“Shut up, no you weren’t.” A.J. grins, plopping on the leather black sofa. “It was your fault you left your green ninja turtle drawers on the floor. You were just asking for trouble.”

Kevin grins, shaking his head, “Ahhh, Nick was only like twelve when we did that.”

“Man, memories are sweet.” Brian chuckles, tying a knot on the plastic garbage bag. The others smirk and join in the laughter as well.

“Tell me about it.” Howie whispers, sitting calmly on the edge of the sofa, his eyes trained on Ana the entire time.

Ana blushes, glancing around the lavish suite.

“So whatcha think of the food ladies?” Nick asks curiously, batting his light eyes.

Jamelet takes a seat besides Ana and grins, “Hmmmm, I have to think about that.”

Kevin laughs, shaking his head, “Nick you can’t cook to save your life. I feel bad for the two women.”

Ana laughs heartily, shaking her head, “When I thought we were gonna see you guys make food, I didn’t think ordering fast food was an option.”

Brian grins widely, his sapphire orbs glimmering evilly, “Yeah well, if that didn’t happen, we might all be in the bathroom if Nick got his hands on making food.”

“Hey, what are you saying? I can cook.” Nick shots up defensively.

Howie chuckles, “Making grilled cheese sandwiches is not cooking Nick.”

Nick playfully gasps and drops on a vacant spot on the sofa besides Jamelet. “D that hurts man. You love those sandwiches. I think I have talent in that.”

“Alright buddy, whatever makes you feel good.” Brian whispers, lifting the trash bag out of the can.

Kevin saunters over to the fridge in the fancy kitchenette to find any drinks. “Guys we run out of soda.”

“Oh aight. I can go pick some up, there’s a store a few miles down from here.” A.J. speaks up, lifting his head up from the decorative pillows on the sofa.

“K, hey girls do you have any sodas you like in general or is Pespi fine with ya?” Kevin asks, leaning forwards on the mahogany kitchen counter, placing his arms on it.

“I’ll take Pespi.” Ana whispers, smiling as Howie eyes her.

“Uh Pespi sounds fine I guess, I wouldn’t mind Sprite but don’t worry about it.” Jamelet whispers, feeling uncomfortable suddenly.

“Aight.” A.J. whispers, heading out the room. “Hey listen since I’m heading to the store, call me if you think you need anything else cause my behind is not gonna drive back and forth for ya.”

Brian grins, “Ok, we will.” And he heads out the door to remove the trash bag. He gently brushes pass A.J. out of the threshold to drop the waste down a garage shoot.

A.J. eyes the group and smirks, “Don’t ya call me later asking me for something else. Ya ain’t cute like that.”

Jamelet and Ana giggles softly as A.J. smirks, exiting the room along following behind Brian.

“Ok well ladies. I have to personally thank you both for spending time with us. I’m sure it was a little strange hanging out with celebrities, but see we’re normal people too.” Nick grins widely, batting his eyes towards Kevin.

Kevin smirks, taking a seat across from the girls and Nick. “We have a movie we were all planning on renting. Maybe you will like to join us girls?”

“That sounds cool. I’m down for it.” Jamelet whispers, fiddling with her fingers.

Kevin smiles, “Cool, so Nick you have the dvd right?”

Nick nods, placing a stick of gum into his mouth. “Uh yeah, do you wanna wait till J gets back or not?”

“Hey we gotta entertain the women, I’m not waiting around for Alex.” Howie whispers, getting up from the sofa and heading over to a pile of dvd’s lined up on the side of the Plasma TV.

Ana smiles, shaking her head, “Man, look at that TV, you know what we can do with a TV that big.”

Jamelet nods, “Oh yeah, big time. Hey Nick, you got any horror films over there?”

“D’s checking them out now. You girls can decide what to watch.” Nick shuffles over to the pile of DVD’s, pulling one out. “So you what horror huh?”

Ana smirks, “How about something more tamer shall we? Something of a more psychological thriller.”

“Ahhh, is this thriller enough for ya?” Howie whispers, pulling out a blurry pictured DVD: tossing it towards Ana’s direction.

Ana grabs the dvd and smirks, glancing at the title. “Hmmm, Final Destination. One of my faves. Perfect.”

Howie smirks, “Great.”

“Nice choice.” Nick whispers, taking a seat on the carpeted floor, crossing his legs beneath him.

Howie takes the dvd and prepares the dvd player. Brian enters back into the room and turns off the lights as Kevin lowers the shades, blocking out the late evening sun.

“Guys ready?” Howie asks, kneeling next to the TV, awaiting the cue to begin the movie.

“Yup!” Kevin whispers as Brian takes a seat on the rug next to Nick.

“Ok and now ladies and gents. For our feature presentation.” Howie grins playfully, starting the movie. The others chuckle softly as the television screen goes black, ready to play the movie. Kevin flops on the black sofa across from the women, gazing at the screen.

The white letters of the title of the movie scroll on the screen slowly as Ana grins.

Jamelet giggles, “You getting a little excited now ain’t ya?”

Ana pokes her friend’s ribs, “Shhhh. Movie starting.”

Howie scoots over to Ana, his brown eyes shining in joy as he watches the movie begin.

Brian heads to the fridge and finds a hidden cardboard Pespi box hidden behind a large gallon of milk. “Hey we have soda! J didn’t need to go out.”

“Oh well. We need more anyway.” Nick mutters, annoyed that his friend was making noise as the movie plays.

Kevin smiles: happily inhaling as he enjoys the serene scene around him. He closes his eyes for a brief period and suddenly was washed over with a strange image in his mind. He sees A.J. driving on a highway and an accident ensues. A truck up ahead of A.J.’s vehicle begins leaking a trail of gas while the truck’s contents are labeled flammable. Kevin gazes at the back of the white truck to see in red letters, ‘Flammable objects carried.’ Kevin continues watching this strange image in his head as the truck stops suddenly, the screeching brakes sounded off. A.J. slows his car behind the truck as a traffic jam occurred on the highway. Kevin watches this strange vision as he sees the truck suddenly blast into flames and blows up, catching fire to all the surrounding vehicles around it, including A.J.’s. Kevin gasps loudly and bolts out of his seat, his eyes snaps open as the others stare at him strangely.

“Yo dude, you aight?” Nick whispers nervously, crawling over to his friend.

Kevin gulps and nods his head, “Where’s A.J.?”

“He’s not back yet, why?” Brian asks.

“I, I think he could be in trouble.” Kevin whispers, getting an odd look from Ana.

“Trouble? Kev you aight? What happened?” Nick whispers quietly as Howie kneels over the sofa to gaze at Kevin.


“I just had some crazy dream. It dealt with A.J. I just wanted to know where A.J. is at right now. Howie, call A.J. for me now would ya?” Kevin whispers shakily as Brian helps his cousin off the couch nervously.

Jamelet stops the movie on the screen and gazes at Ana curiously. Ana seemed to have paled suddenly as she reaches out to her friend. “I’m not the only one.” She whispers to Jamelet nervously.

“What?!” Jamelet quips up, taking a seat besides Ana.

“Look, I don’t know if I ever told you, but I’ve been getting some strange images, visions running through my head lately. I don’t know what it could mean, but I recall seeing these guy’s faces in it, even before we met them.” Ana whispers shakily, gripping her hand around Jamelet’s wrist.

Jamelet gulps and nods in confusion, “What does that mean?”

“I, I, I don’t know. I just know if Kevin saw what he thinks he saw, it could mean something’s up.”

“He just had a nightmare. Look at the movie we’re watching.” Nick overhears the conversation, glancing at the two women.

“There’s more to this Nick.” Ana whispers, her hands shivering gently.

Howie picks up his cell and quickly dials A.J.’s mobile’s phone, hoping he would answer.
~*~

A.J. yawns, glancing to his left at the passing road and cars coming from the other side of him on the highway. He grips the steering wheel, pressing on the pedal to zoom him down a few lanes. Messing with the radio with his free hand, he hears his phone ring.

“Uh uh. I can’t believe they remembered something now. I ain’t picking it up.” A.J. grumbles. Curiosity getting the best of him, he scans his eyes on the phone screen to see Howie’s number appear.

Grumbling, he answers his phone. “Yo, what up?”

“Alex! Hey good thing you picked up! Listen, Kevin wanted me to call you to see where you at?” Howie asks, taking a seat on a stool as the others watch on curiously.

“Uh, k. I’m on the highway. D, why?” A.J. asks, cradling the small phone as he switches lanes.

Kevin takes Howie’s phone and speaks, “Alex listen. I know this sounds weird, but how about you just come home. Forget the sodas man. Brian found some sodas hidden in the fridge. Just get off at the next exit ramp.”

A.J. snorts, “I’m on the highway, two minutes away from the store. I might as well go and get some more stuff.”

“Alex, forget it. Really man, it’s not important, besides the girls are gonna leave shortly and you should be here when they head out.” Kevin whispers quietly.

“Yo Kev, you aight? You sound strange man.” A.J. whispers, focusing on the road ahead of him.

“I’m ok. Just come home k.” Kevin whispers.

A.J. rolls his eyes and pulls over to the exit ramp, ready to leave the road. He glances up to see a white truck ahead of him as he switches lane. Once he exits the highway, he hears a roaring sound like an on-coming earthquake which startled him. Glancing up on the bridge, he can see the same white truck that was ahead of him before, explode. The large fire and flames consumes everything around it, taking down all the cars next to it. A.J. watches on in silent shock, his mouth dropping open at the horrific burning wreckage.

“A.J.! A.J.! You left the bridge?” Howie’s voice cuts into the phone as Brian switches on the news, to see the events play out before him. Kevin sits on the sofa in utter silence, the images in his head now formed into a real event on the television screen.

“Ye, yeah.” A.J. finally responds back after a few short minutes of gathering himself together. He walks away from his car, watching the flames spread ravaging over the cars above him.

“What do you see?” Howie whispers nervously.

“Everything blew up.” A.J. whispers slowly.

“Was, was there by any chance a truck ahead of you?” Kevin asks, taking the phone away from Howie.

“Ye, yeah. Why?”

“Cause I saw it before you did.”

A.J. gulps, dropping his cell phone on the ground: the burning mess above him taunting him, almost angrily. “That could have been me.” He whispers in fright to himself, lowering to pick up his phone.
~**~

**~To Be Continued…~**