- Text Size +
-Yeah that's right! This is another chapter finaly huh? This is Ana's chapter, do your thing and drop a review when done aight?

-Questionable


Ana watched apprehensively as Kevin finally pulled the phone away from his ear, obviously giving AJ instructions to come home quickly. Her heart hammered intensely against her tender ribcage as Nick whispered something faint in Brian’s ear. Both boys shifted, gazing at her with a bizarre glint in their eyes. The images of the boys burning beneath heavy bushes of fire while their bloody lips sewn shut screamed for mercy pulsated heavily against her brain. Her stomach immediately coiled in tight knots, realizing being connected to these boys seemed to only offer death. She shifted uncomfortably, immediately tugging hard on Jamelet’s arm.



“What?” Jamelet whispered in surprise.



“We’re leaving,” Ana stated simply, pulling her friend to the door.



“Wait, why?!” Jamelet yelped as she was hurriedly yanked toward the door. She struggled to grab hold of something to slow Ana’s movements, but the younger girl wouldn’t be swayed. Something was obviously wrong within Ana’s heart. Jamelet didn’t know whether to press the issue or leave it alone. For goodness sakes, AJ had almost died.



“I just don’t want to be here,” Ana stressed.



“Why? Because of Kevin saying he saw AJ die? It was just a stupid dream.”



“A stupid dream? Jammy! AJ was almost in a wreck!”



“You don’t know that. You weren’t on the phone with him.”



“Look, all I see is death here,” Ana recounted darkly, releasing Jamelet’s hand. She stopped at the threshold of the front door’s porch, turning to gaze at her best friend. Jamelet swallowed a gasp, noting the dark black flames licking around Ana’s eerily shadowing blue-green irises. Jamelet quickly blinked, finding Ana’s eyes the normal blue-green tone. Ana said nothing more as an agreed decision was made silently between the girls. Knowing Jamelet understand, Ana hurriedly ran down the steps, wanting to reach the safety of their rented car.



“Where are you going?” Howie suddenly called, noticing Jamelet lingering in the doorway. Howie craned his neck, realizing that Ana had already disappeared. He had been so worried about Kevin’s coincidental vision that he had forgotten to take care of Ana’s fears. He swallowed hard, already knowing the skittish gleam in Jamelet’s cinnamon eyes.



“Ana’s not feeling too well. I promised I’d take her home. Can’t really afford to let her be sick on our vacation. Dinner was lovely… And, we’re happy that AJ’s okay. Consider the whole hitting-me-upside-the-head-with-a-ball a thing of the past. Um… yeah…” Jamelet jumped when Ana laid heavily upon the horn. She quickly turned after offering a soft smile to Nick. “Thanks!”



“Wait! We don’t have your numbers!” Nick blurted, watching Jamelet dart toward the car.



“Somehow I think they’ll find us,” Kevin murmured softly.



“What?” Howie pressed in confusion, watching the girls peel away.



“I just don’t think we’ve seen the last of them…” Kevin replied, not wanting to give the grisly details he had witnessed regarding the girls and a simple bloody kitchen knife.
~**~

**~To Be Continued,,,~**