- Text Size +
My parents were in the kitchen. My Mom was making dinner, and my Dad reading the paper. I gulped. What I'm about to tell them will kill them since I'm their only daughter and they never wanted their good-girl Ally to be pregnant so young. I approached my Mom.

"Uh, Mom?"
"Yes?"
"What I'm about to tell you, will probably kick me out of the house, but I just want you to know that if you do do that, I'll accept it."
She stopped cooking and looked at me. Oh God! Now, she's making it harder. "What did you do, Alyson?"
"I-I, uh, I'm, um, . . .," I couldn't speak. I was too nervous.
"Alyson, tell me."
"Mom, I'm pregnant."
"I know," she said, and continued cooking, "You father knows, too."
I had my mouth wide open, "I'm confused."
"You're father and I knew, especially since it seems that you have grown a little weight, you were throwing up, you were eating way too much than you normally do, and you haven't told me if you needed anymore pads for your period."
"So, you're not mad?" I asked, relieved.
"When I found out, I was very angry with you, and I still am, but for my granddaughter . . . "
"Or son!" I heard my Dad scream behind me.
"Yes, or son," My mother continued, "I want her to grow healthy."
"Or Him!" My Dad yelled, again.
"Can it!" My Mom said.
I smiled, crying, "Thank you so much, Mom. I'm so sorry, too."
"It's ok. Well, not really. And remember I'll help you through this, even if Nick leaves you."
"Mommy, he said he won't."
"Well, we'll see about that," I heard her whisper.