- Text Size +
Later That Night . . .
11pm
Nick and I were in bed. I, pregnant that I am, was exhausted. Nick . . . I don't what he's tired about, but it was nice to have him on my side. Nick was watching TV, and I was just thinking . . . Yes, once again, about the future. The motherhood that is coming closer everyday. I was deep in my thoughts until Nick interrupted me.

"Baby, whatcha doin'? You ain't watchin' the TV for all I know," he told me.
"I'm thinking, Nicky," I told him.
"About what? The baby?"
I nodded.
"Wouldn't it be nice to have 2?"
I looked at him. Oh, now he wants children! "How about 5?"
"Damn, baby! Don't you think that's a bit too much?"
"Look at your parents, Nick," I told him.
"Oh, yeah."
I laughed.
"Are you laughing at me?" He asked, looking like he's about to harm me.
I began to move away, "Yeah, why?"
He stopped, "It's bad that you are."
"Why is that, Carter?" I asked him.
"Because . . . now, I'll have to do this," he said as he began tickling me.
I laughed, "Nick . . . Hahaha . . . Nicky, stop . . . Haha!"
"What did you call me?"
"Hahaha!! Nicky, stop it . . . Ahahaha!!!" I made it to the end of the bed and ran for Angel's room. Nick ran after me.
Nearly, banging on the door, I screamed, "Angel, open the door, hurry!"
She opened the door, "Why?"
I went inside quickly, closed the door, and locked it.
"Aw, c'mon baby, open the door. I promise I won't tickle you no more," Nick whined on the other side.
"Na-uh. No way!"
"What's going on?" Angel asked me.
"Your oldest brother is tickling me."
"Oh. Well, I have another way you could escape."
"Really?" I whispered so Nick couldn't hear me.
She nodded, "Here, just go through the closet there's a secret way to the bathroom. As soon as you get there run to Nick's room."
"Thanks."
She opened her closet door for me and showed me the way. I followed her trail and made it to the bathroom. I saw Nick was in Angel's room, looking for me. I ran to Nick's room and stripped off my PJs. I hid under the covers and waited for Nick.
"Guess she'll sleep in Angel's room tonight," I heard Nick sigh sadly. I moved to a side so he could lay down. When he did, I got on top of him.
"Nope, I'm sleeping with you tonight," I said, kissing him. I saw the shock look on his face.
"Baby, you're . . . we can't," I heard him say.
"Yes, we can. I promise. Nothing will happen to her."
"Or him," he said, kissing me.
"How about we make a him?" I asked Nick.
He smiled, "I'd like that."