- Text Size +
"Nick!" I screamed, sweating and crying. The door busted open.

"Ally, what's wrong?" BJ asked, walking towards me.
"I had a bad nightmare . . .," I told her, sobbing.
" . . . About Nick," she finished for me.
I nodded.
"It's ok, Ally. Nick's ok."
"How do you know?" I asked, acting like a 7-year-old afraid of a monster.
"Want me to call him?"
I shook my head.
"Why? Don't you wanna see?" BJ asked.
"As long as my heart beats that's how long he'll live," I told her seriously.
She just nodded, "Just sleep, then. 'Night."
"'Night," I replied and went back to sleep.

Hours Later . . .
11am
I was awake, had already brushed my teeth, and listening to BJ tell everyone my the incident of last night . . . Nick was there listening.

" . . . And I wake up, hearing Ally screaming 'Nick,' . . ." I heard her say. I was afraid of going down there.
"I'm gonna go upstairs," I heard Nick say.
I ran to the bed, put the covers on me, and closed my eyes. I heard Nick enter my room. I felt him kiss my cheek.
"Why did it have to be Isabelle?" I asked Nick, opening my eyes. "Why did she have to be the one that you fucked?"
He sighed, "I don't know. I . . . I met her in a cafe. I . . . The way she looked was, don't get me wrong, but it was like 'wow.'"
I rolled my eyes at him, and got up. Walking to the door, I said, "That is so 'Miss America.'"
He grabbed my wrist, twirled me around, pushed me to the door, and kissed me. "But, you're my 'Miss America . . .' and you'll always will be."
"Whatever, Carter," I told him. "I always hated her. She made me cry the day I found out you guys were going out. In the net, the title had said something that like she was your 'dreamgirl.' And guess when I found out? The day before my birthday, Nick. So, I when I was going to turn 12, that was your gift to me."

I went downstairs and about 2 minutes later Nick came down, too. All the Carters' and I ate breakfast. I paid close attention to the Carter brothers. They had the faces as if the were in a competition.