- Text Size +
April 19, 2007
I woke up with the sun shining on my face. I remembered what happen last night. I smiled to that. Ally and I had once again made sweet love. I moved my hand to see if she was still there with me. I looked down to my left side, but she wasn't there. My face turned from happiness to confusion. I sat up to make sure what happen last night was not a dream. I saw my boxers on the floor. "It wasn't a dream," I thought, "Where could she have gone?" I looked at the clock on the TV cable box. It read: 1:12pm. I sighed and laid down again. My cell phone rang; I groaned. I was too tired to pick it up. It rang again. I got up and made my way to the cellular in my jacket. I opened it.

"Hello?"
"Hey Nick? It B-Rok, man. Where are you?"
"I'm at home, why?"
"Frack! You're suppose to be here."
I looked at the phone, confused, "Be where?"
"The church. Remember, you're getting married today."
"Oh shit," I mumbled. "Sorry, I, um, overslept."
"What were you doing last night, Carter?" he asked curiously.
"Sleeping."
"Well, whatever, man. Just get your ass down here. You're late," Brian said and hung up.
"Fuck!" I cursed to myself. After I put the phone back in my jacket, I ran to the shower.

3 Hours Later . . .
4pm
I was at the church. The ceremony had just begun and Isabelle came in with a dress I had bought for her for this wedding. She looked alright in the dress. I wasn't really interested in her. My mind was thinking about Ally. "Where could she be right now?" I thought.

When I first entered the church, earlier today, I looked kinda messed up.

"Nick, what happen to you? You're not properly dressed. What did you do on the way here?" I said, cocking his eyebrow.
"Nothin.' I was just in a, uh, hurry," I tried to say innocently.
"Right," he said, not believing me.

As Isabelle came closer to me, Brian whispered, "Are you sure she's the one, Nick? Remember, like Sarah said when she postpone her and A.J.'s wedding: 'Getting married is not a barbecue, it's a life-commitment thing.'" I just nodded. This made me think. "Am I sure I want to get married with her? Spend my whole life with this woman?" I thought.

Isabelle did her "so-called" vows. I could tell she did mean them. I told the priest I didn't have one. He looked at me suspiciously. I ignored him. A few minutes later, the priest looked at me. I also saw Isabelle looking at me.

"What?" I whispered.
"Say 'I do,'" Isabelle told me.
"Oh," my head jumped up immediately.
The priest repeated, "Do you Nickolas Gene Carter take Isabelle Filing to be your wife, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, on this day forward?"
I felt all eyes on me. I looked at the priest, then I turned sideways and looked at Isabelle. "I . . . I, uh . . . I . . ."