- Text Size +
"It was just the luck of the draw Nick. That's all" Brian tried to console his seventeen year old friend. Nick was having none of that though. Arms folded, held tilted back leaning against the elevator's wall.

"I think you guys fixed it"

"Don't be stupid and stop acting like a baby" Kevin scolded.

Nick looked at his brother and placed a hand in front of his face. "And for the love of God, will you PLEASE stop filming me?"

This got a laugh out of everyone else occupying the small carriage taking them to the children's ward of the hospital.

"Nick, this is something you are going to look back on and share with your children"

"Doubt it" He said closing his eyes, not that he could really see to begin with. The bunny head was just about ten sizes to big for his head. It kept tilting to his side, leaving him forced to hold it up in place.

"Yeah, good idea Kaos, we don't want to traumatize the kids by having the Easter Bunny's head fall off"

"Shut up Bone"

"Frankly, I think you should wear that thing more often it makes you look good"

"I said shut the hell up!"

"Now there's something I never thought I'd see" Howie said. All the boys turned to look his way, when he failed to finish his thought. He looked up and shrugged at them as if to say, DUH I can't believe you have no idea how that sentence is going to end. "An Easter Bunny cursing"

"Oh" They all said.

"It should have been Kevin, this thing is more YOU sized then ME sized"

"Wasn't it your big idea to draw straws for it anyway? I was more then willing to dress up like the Easter Bunny"

"Then how come you didn't say that then?"

"Because I liked your idea better"

"Yeah, especially when he saw that you were the one to pull the smallest straw" Brian said.

The elevator stopped on the floor and the door opened. The boys streamed out one by one all smiling from ear to ear holding baskets full of candy. They were the bunny's helpers.

"Remember what she said" Kevin whispered,

"I know I know, this Easter bunny doesn't talk. Got it" Then he winked at Nick and together they all walked to the play room. Escorted by a nurse.

Nick kept picturing himself plastered on the National inquirer with big headlines reading Boy Band Heart throb cross dresses as Bunny details page 6.

How would he ever live this down? Hopefully no one would ever find out.

As they approached the room the sounds of tons of kids playing and talking bounced off the walls. It was the sound of youth. Even the Easter Bunny smiled at that.

"Boys and girls" The nurse said as she rang a friendly bell, "We have some special visitors here for you today" They all stopped what they were doing and looked towards the door.

There were so many of them. Kids all different ages with one thing in common, they were all sick. Some looked completely healthy. Not a scratch on them, while others had IV needles attached to their arms. A few kids were in wheelchairs and others where wrapped up in casts and braces.

"The Easter Bunny is here today!" All the kids gasped before Nick was exactly ready to make his entrance. Kevin pushed him into the room.

"Can we say hello to the Easter Bunny?"

"HELLO EASTER BUNNY"

Nick almost said hello but then remembered, NO this Easter Bunny doesn't talk so instead he put up his hand and waved.

"And he brought some helpers today boys and girls here are the..?" She looked over to Kevin and Nick couldn't help but roll my eyes, they wouldn't know us if we were to run them over he thought. He whispered the name into her ear and moments later,,"The Backstreet Boys" All the kids clapped.

They moved into the room and began to hand out the candy to the children, all Nick had to do was act bunny like. He watched the smiles on the faces of the kids as something as small as a lollipop brightened their whole day.

"Would anyone like to ask the Easter Bunny a question?" The nurse asked. But wait a minute, wasn't I supposed to be a silent bunny? Nick thought to himself.

"Yes Rachel?"

"I wanted to tell him I like his fluffy tale" She said. She was about five years old and adorable. Nick turned around and wagged his butt in her face. She laughed.

"Yes Nathan?"

"I wanted to tell him that I have a pet bunny at home that looks just like him"

Nick held up his thumb. What else was there to do.

"Yes Kyra?"

"I wanted to make sure he knew that he should come HERE instead of my house on Easter. Will you remember that Easter Bunny?" Her eyes looked so sad. The IV attached to her arm seemed like a natural extension to herself.

The Easter Bunny nodded.

"Me too Easter Bunny" One by one the kids were shouting to him. Please don't go to my house because I will be here in the hospital.

Nick was overcome with emotions. These poor kids. Spending another holiday in the hospital. How could he be so selfish, how could he care about what people would think?

"Yes Sarah?"

"I just wanted to say, I love you Easter bunny"

Nick looked at the little girl that said that, no hair on her head, IV attached to arm, parents crying by her side and he forgot who he was and BECAME the Easter Bunny. He walked over to her and gave her a big hug. Everyone let out an awe. He walked around the room and did the same to everyone. One of the older kids got a hold of him and pulled him down to the floor and one by one the kids, the ones who were able to, crowded on top of him. He didn't mind. He wanted to make them happy.

"Okay boys and girls, time for the Easter Bunny to go back home" They all sighed.

"But he'll be back later this week and don't worry he remembers where you'll be" Kevin said.

Nick shook his head. And the kids all clapped.

Once they were in the comfort of the elevator, Nick took off the big bunny head and sighed.

"Well congratulations Nick. Very well done" Kevin said.

"Thanks"

"See that wasn't so bad was it?" Howie asked him as he pushed his sweaty hair out of his face.

"No, actually you think they would put this costume on hold for me?"

"I knew this was the new look you were going for" AJ snickered. Everyone else smiled.

"I think I need to show these kids I remember where they are" He said.

And while handing out gifts to these same children on Easter morning while he was supposed to be relaxing on a beach, he did show them that he knew where they were. Were they would always be, in his heart.

Happy Easter !