- Text Size +
Chapter 1
Callie walked into her apartment where she lived alone in Miami Florida. She was nineteen and in her first year at the local collage. She had just come home from work a candy stripper at the hospital. She walked over to the kitchen and dropped her stuff off on the counter and looked into the refrigerator for something to eat.
“Damn nothing but bread and milk” She muttered.
She shut the door and walked over to the living room. She noticed as she was passing by that she had a message on the machine. She pressed the button.
“ Hey Callie its Steve call me back as soon as you can I have the best news”.
Steve was Callie’s agent. Callie was a dancer and had been since she was four. Callie picked up the phone and dialed the number.
“ Hello Steve speaking”.
Callie rolled her eyes. “ can’t you come up with a better opening line than that”.
“ Ah Callie IM glad you called me back and no this was all I can come up with” Steve joked.
“ So what’s the best news” Callie asked. She wanted to get straight to the point. She was tired and wanted to get to bed.
“ Well I just spoke with a guy who came to me asking if I had a dancer that would be willing to try out to be a back up[ dancer for a music group” He said.
Callie smiled “really what group” She asked excitedly. This was the break she had been waiting for. Her dream had been to be a professional dancer and to get out of town.
“ I’m not sure yet” He replied.
“ So when do I try out” She asked.
“ Tomorrow so you should get some rest” he answered.
“ cool thanks Steve” she said.
“ don’t thank me yet you haven’t officially been accepted” he reminded her.
“ I know but you picked me to try out Instead of one of your other clients”.
“ Yes you are the best that I have so good luck tomorrow” he told her.
Steve gave her the address and she thanked him again and hung up. She smiled to herself and walked into her room. She put in the backstreet boys latest cd and started dancing to the beat. The backstreet boys were her favorite band of all time. Callie got into bed and went t sleep a smile plastered to her face.

The next morning Callie dressed in her dance clothes and drove to the address that Steve had given her. It was a tall building located in Orlando. Callie made her way into the building. And met Steve. Steve took her to the forth floor where a man sat at a desk talking or rather yelling at the person on the other end of the receiver. The man looked up and smiled a tight nervous smile. A few minutes later he got off. Steve walked up to him. “ HI IM Steve Martin and I talked to you yesterday about one of my dancers joining one of our groups”.
“ Oh right Yes well I suppose that young lady behind you is the dancer” he pointed out.
“ Yes this is Callie” Steve said shoving Callie in front of him. Suddenly Callie started to get butterflies into her stomach. Normally she didn’t get nervous but today was a big day.
The man stuck out his hand “ Hello Callie IM john Jenkins vice president of Jive records my job is to bands together and get dancers and stuff”.
“ Its nice to meet you” Callie said.
“ Well IM ready to see what you have got” He replied. He lead her and Steve to a big room.
“ This room is where our band members and dancers practice with the choreographer the routines that they do for concerts and for tour concerts and performances” He explained.
Callie nodded her head. “ Wow”.
“ So let’s see what you can do” he said taking a seat.
Callie took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to forget her nervousness. She pressed the play button on her stereo that she brung wit her and pressed the play button. She started to dance. After a few seconds she started to really get into the music and forgot that there were others in the room watching her. A few minutes later she heard the music shut off and she stopped.
“ I have seen quite enough” He said.
“ Oh Ok well what do you think” Steve asked.
” I Think she is magnificent and welcome her on board” he replied with a smile.
Callie jumped up and hugged him. “ Thank you so much you won’t regret this”.
“ I know that I won’t” He said surprised at her sudden affection. “ You will tour with the band for four months which start in a month so in practice you are going to have to learn the routines quickly” He warned her.
“ Oh yes that’s fine IM a really fast learner” She assured him. “ So who is the band”.
“ The band is the backstreet boys”