- Text Size +
Chapter 12
Tara felt the color drain from her face.
“Tara are you still there,” The doctor’s voice asked from the phone that had slipped out of her hand.
She picked the phone back up” Uh yeah IM here”. “Did you just say the test came out positive”?
“Yes I did” the doctor replied.
“That means IM going to have a baby,” she whispered.
“Yes it does” The doctor told her. “I want you to come down and have an exam done so that we can prescribe some prenatal vitamins for you”.
“Sure I got to go goodbye and thanks for the results,” Tara said hoarsely before hanging up.
A few stray tears fell down her cheeks. “I can’t be pregnant”. “I’m too young and I’m not ready”. She thought.
Than the worst part of he situation dawned on her. It was Matt’s. Tara got out of bed and in a daze walked out into the living room where Callie was sitting watching TV. She looked up and immediately ran over to Tara once seeing her face.
“What’s wrong”?
“The doctor called” Tara mumbled.
Before Callie could ask any more questions, the door burst opened. “Hi guys”.
Callie looked over at De and De than saw Tara’s face. “What’s wrong?
“That’s what she was about to tell me.
“Well I got the results back from the doctor and I came out negative with every test except one” Tara started.
“Which one” Callie asked nervously not really prepared on what it was.
“The pregnancy test” Tara whispered.
“Oh god” Callie mumbled her eyes wide.
“That son of a bitch” De cursed angrily.
Callie walked over to Tara and gave her a hug.
Tara sobbed on her shoulder. “What am I going to do”?
De and Callie exchanged looks “I think that is a decision you have to make on your own”.
“I know but I don’t know what to do” She replied wiping her tears away.
“You do what you think is best and whatever you decide to do we will both be behind you a hundred percent” De told her,
“Thanks guys I appreciate it” She smiled for the first time all day. “Right now I think I am going to go on a walk and clear my head”. In addition, with that she was out the door.
Callie walked over to the TV and shut it off. “I think I’m going to go out and sight see”. “Want to come”?
“No thanks but you have fun,” De told her. “I am going to just hang out here”.
Callie shrugged and walked onto her room to grab her purse. “Ok than see you later”.
Callie walked out and pressed the button on the elevator. “Where are you off too?” a voice asked. Callie turned around and saw AJ smiling at her. “I’m going sight seeing”.
AJ made a face. “Are you serious”? “Sight seeing is boring you should check out the malls and outlet stores”.
Callie shrugged. “I might just do that”.
“I personally would definitely do that I absolutely love to shop,” He told her.
Callie laughed. “I know”.
AJ gave her a funny look. “Now how would you know that”?
“AJ I am a big back street boy fan meaning I know stuff about you from interviews and biographies,” She said.
“Oh I see but you don’t really know the real me” He retorted.
Callie looked at the floor. “I would really like to”.
AJ grinned. “Well that’s good cause I would really like to get to know you and for you to get to know the real me”.
Callie’s face lit up. “Ok what do you suggest we do”?
“How about we start by you inviting me to go with you” he replied smugly.
Callie rolled her eyes. “AJ would you like to go with me shopping”?
AJ looked thoughtful. “Let me think about it”?
Callie lightly smacked him in the chest. “Hey”.
AJ pretended to be hurt than smiled. “I’m kidding let’s go my lady”.
Callie just giggled as they got o the elevator.
De who had been watching the whole scene shook her head and smiled as she closed the door.