- Text Size +
Chapter 25
“I had a really great time today” De told Nick sincerely.
They had a blast going surfing and than Nick had taken her to a little café near the beach where he had serenaded her with “Ill never break your heart” and “I need you tonight”.
“Me too I am so glad that you had fun” Nick told her as he pulled the car into her driveway.
“Are you sure your ok” De asked with concern.
Nick had wiped out when she had flashed him while they were each trying to win the surfing contest that De had challenged Nick to. Nick had fallen flat on his face on the board and had spent twenty minutes sitting in the sand after that with a bloody nose.
“Yeah I am fine” He assured her.
Nick walked over to her side and once again opened it for her. Than he got all her stuff out of the trunk of the car and walked her to the door.
De opened the door to her house.
“Just put that stuff on the chair over there” She told him.
Nick did as she said and neatly stacked the board and her bag on the chair.
“Thanks” She said.
Nick walked over to her. “You don’t need to thank me”.
“Yeah I really do” She told him. “I had a great time with you today”.
“Me too”.
Both stood there for a few minutes not really knowing what to say. They shuffled their feet and looked everywhere but at each other finally Nick broke the silence.
“So you have your date with Johnny tomorrow”.
De nodded. “Yep”.
“I hope you have fun” Nick said.
De looked shocked at how mature he was handling the situation. “Thanks Nick I really appreciate that”.
“Just don’t have too much” He warned.
De rolled her eyes knowing Nick had to ruin the moment some time.
Nick than leaned over and gave her a sweet kiss. ‘Call me tomorrow after your date”.
“I will but if you think that I am going to give you an answer by than your wrong”.
“I know I just want you to call me is all” Nick assured her.
De nodded. “I will have an answer by the end of the week I promise.
“Ok well I have to be going now so I will talk to you later” He said. Nick leaned in and gave her another sweet kiss. Than he walked out the door.
“Bye Nick she whispered touching her hand to her lips. She watched Nick get in his prowler and peel out of the driveway down the street.

“Oh baby I’m missing you” Callie sang as she was fixing AJ and herself dinner in the kitchen. She had her headset on while listening to her cd player. AJ was now sitting watching an action movie. Callie had woken up that morning her heart set on cleaning the apartment but was surprised to see that AJ had found her spare key that she kept under the welcome mat and had made her breakfast bed which consisted of Eggs, Bacon, sausage and pancakes and a glass of milk. He even had added a rose in a skinny vase to the tray. After that they had gone top the apartment pool to swim and work on their tans. Now Callie was fixing macaroni and cheese since that’s all she had at the moment. The doorbell rang. Callie took off her head phones and set them on the counter. She walked towards the door and saw AJ engrossed in the movie.
“ I’ll get it” Callie told him rolling her eyes.
She opened it to reveal a devilish looking Tara.
“ Oh my god Tara what happened” Callie exclaimed.
She was wearing baggy clothes and had a tearstained face. “ Can I come in” she whispered.
“ Yeah come on in” Callie said ushering her in.
Tara walked in and took one look at AJ before getting ready to leave “I am sorry to bother you”.
“ Get your ass back here” she told her sternly. “ You are not bothering me at all”.
“ Are you sure” Tara asked hesitantly.
“ Yes you aren’t going anywhere till you tell me what’s wrong and what the hell happened to your arms” She answered picking up both of Tara’s arms exposing the black and blue bruises.
Callie than noticed she was shaking. She turned to AJ. “ Will you go get her a glass of water”.
AJ nodded.” sure I will be right back”.
Callie guided Tara over to the couch. “ Now spill what is wrong”.
“Kevin” she managed to choke out.
“ Is Kevin hurt” Callie asked.
Tara shook her head.
AJ came back and handed her a big glass of ice water. “ Thank you” She whispered.
Tara reminded Callie of a frightened child.
“ Ok now what happened”.
Tara managed to tell them the story of what happened from the start of the date till disaster had struck.
“ So than after he finally fell asleep I took no time and dressed and got the hell out of there” She finished in tears.
Callie gave her a big hug and shot AJ a look. AJ looked ready to kill.
“ I should be going back I have wasted enough of your time” Tara finally said after her sobs had stopped somewhat.
“ You are not going anywhere tonight” Callie told her. “ You are sleeping in the guest room”.
Tara nodded to tired to argue. Callie set up the guest room and than shooed Tara to bed. Tara fell asleep almost immediately and Callie who had waited till she had fallen asleep quietly tip toed out of the room. She found AJ staring at the blank TV screen his jaw tight.
“ What are we going to do” She asked him.
AJ got up. “ I will tell you what I am going to do” “ I am going to go and murder him”.
“ Look AJ he is drunk so let him be till he wakes up in the morning” Callie advised him.
“ Your right” He exclaimed.
AJ grabbed his stuff and walked to the door. “ I am going over to her house and waiting till morning for the moment he wakes up”. And with that AJ was out he door.
“ This is about to end badly” Callie muttered.
Callie knew she was about to make things worse but she had to make that call.
She picked up the phone and dialed. After a couple of rings she finally picked up.
“ Hello”.
“ Hey De its Callie”.
“ Hey Callie what’s up”?
“ We have a problem”.