- Text Size +
Chapter 9
Tara could feel herself falling apart like nothing she has ever experienced before. She did not know what to do and she felt dirty and used. She could still feel him on her. “I’m going to go take a shower”.
“No you will not,” De told her.
“And why not I just want to get a shower and go to bed” Tara told her.
“Tara you need to call the police and than get checked out at the hospital” Callie said softly.
“No cops and I don’t need to go to the hospital,” She argued. “I just need to go get some sleep”…
“No you will sit down and wait for me to call the police than when they are done we are going to the hospital,” De yelled.
Tara was too tired to argue and knew that when De was in that motherly mood you did not want to mess with her. Callie took Tara’s arm and led her down to the couch. De walked over to the hotel phone and called the cops. After she was off the phone, she sat down and faced Tara.
“There on there way” She said gently.
Tara nodded and a fresh batch of tears started down her cheeks.
“Look IM sorry I yelled at you it’s just that IM trying to look out for you and get some justice by getting that son of a bitch in jail”. DE explained.
A few minutes later, there was a pounding on the door. “Open up it’s the police”.
Callie walked over to the door and opened it ushering at the two officers.
“Hi I’m Officer Andrews and this is my partner Officer Moore,” He said pointing to the guy next to him.
“Hello IM Callie and De and Tara are the two girls on the couch”. Callie told them.
“Which ones are rape victim?” Officer Moore asked.
“Tara is” De replied.
“Ok we would like to question her privately if that’s ok with you” Officer Andrews asked.
“No it’s not ok we are staying” De said firmly.
Callie shot De a look. “We are going”.
“No we are not” De exclaimed.
“Look we need to let her talk to them alone,” Callie told her grabbing her arm and walking towards the door.
Callie turned to Tara. “We will be back when your finished to take you to the hospital”.
Tara nodded.
“Hang in there ok” Callie said.
After they left De turned to Callie. “You do realize that she is in no condition to dance tonight right”.
“Your right so what are we go to tell he guys”? Callie asked“.
“Let’s get a group meeting together,” De declared.

“Ok Tara could you please tell us what happened tonight” Officer Moore asked. Both officers had there pen and pad out to take her statement.
Tara took a deep breathe and started. “I went to a club tonight with a few of my friends and I went to get a drink at the bar”.
She watched as they started jotting down everything she was saying.
“Ok continue,” They urged.
“Well this guy comes up and we starting talking and he asked me to dance and danced for a little bit”.
“Tell me about the guy you know what he looks like a name would be good too”. The Officer told her.
“Well he said his name was Matt and he drives a red Camero and he had brown hair and brown eye and was about five eight,” She explained.
“OK go on with the story” The Officer instructed her,
Tara took a deep breath using all that she had left to tell them what happened. “ After we had been dancing for a little bit he wanted to take me to a surprise place where we could be alone to get to know each other”. “ So I told my friends and we left”.
“ Where was the place that he took you”. Officer Andrews asked.
“ The place we ended up was his apartment” Tara answered. “ I felt kind of uncomfortable cause web had just met him but he said it was fine so we went up”.
Tara could feel the tears start to form at the corner of her eyes. “ Well we both sat down o his couch and talked for a few minutes until he started to kiss me”. “ I told him that things were moving to fast but he said to quit being so uptight and started again”. “ I pushed him away and he grabbed me by the arm and drug me to his bedroom”.
A few tears had already cascaded down her cheeks and she wasn’t sure if she could go on.
“ I tried screaming but he covered my mouth and that’s when I bite him in the hand” He than punched me in my cheek and pushed my arms out so I couldn’t move and than he” She covered her face with her hands.
“ Miss we will do everything we can to find him” The Officer told her gently.
“ We will let ourselves out” The other officer said.
After they both left she broke down in racking sobs.