- Text Size +
1 week later...


"Thanks again guys for letting me stay with you. I was really starting to hate the country." Nick said taking a breath of air.

"No problem man." Howie responded.

"Yeah, it'll just be me and you kiddo." Aj said.

"What are you talking about? Is Howie going somewhere?" Nick asked.

"Well if D keeps having these little trysts that he's been having with someone, than yes, he is."

"Oh really? Who's the lucky lady Howie?"

"I don't know what you guys are talking about. There is no lady. I've just been going for walks, trying to get inspiration for a song." Howie replied.

"Yeah right. You go out everyday around the same time, looking quite nice and proper, and you can hardly sit still before you leave. Then when you come back you want to go out again the next day." Turning to Nick, "I swear it's the high point of his day." Aj said throwing his hands up in the air seemingly exasperated.

"Thank you J for that wordy and long-winded speech about my supposed daily schedule." Howie said dryly.

"Sticks and stones man, sticks and stones."

"Yeah, where are they when you need them. Anyway you want something to drink Nicky boy?"

"No, and don't call me Nicky." Nick said.

Just then they all heard a knock at the door. Nick walked over to the door and opened it to discover Serena standing there with Gwendolyn.

"Can I help you?" Nick asked, while checking Serena out. This was making Serena uncomfortable, and she shifted her weight from one foot to the other while gripping the handle of the stroller.

"Um is Howie here?" Serena asked nervously.

"Oh yeah, sure. Come one in."

"Oh no, that's not necessary, I’d just like to talk to him for a moment."

"Nonsense, you're coming in, now come on." Nick said taking her arm and guiding her into the room with the stroller. Serena wavered, and then followed him into the suite.

Serena walked in, observing the room that she would have to possibly clean later. 'Well at least they're not that messy. I won't have much to clean in here, then again, I won't be here much longer.' she thought to herself.

Serena, Gwendolyn and Nick walked into the living room area to hear Aj and Howie arguing about something.

"Hey Howie, someone's here to see you." Nick said.

"I don't care what you say Aj, it should be Brian who sings that part not Kevin!" Howie said to Aj, not hearing what Nick said.

"Why not? I think that he can sing that part just as good as Brian can!" Aj argued back.

"That's not the point."

"Then what is the point? Please enlighten me." Aj said sarcastically.

"Uh, guys..." Nick tried to interrupt again, but they continued to quarrel.

"The point is that I feel that Brian can sing that part more... I don't know, better. That's the way I want the part sung." Howie continued, still ignoring Nick.

"Kevin can sing that part just as strongly as Brian can." Aj bickered.

"But his voice is not the one I want singing that!"

"Wow, they're causing quite a scene, they're really into this huh?" Serena asked Nick.

"Yeah they are. Hey guys!!" the two persisted with their disagreement. "Why do I feel like I’m vying for their attention?"

Serena laughed at his comment.

"Here let me try." Serena took off her overcoat, revealing her halter-top and shorts. She walked over to the two and gently tapped their shoulders at the same time. When they both turned to her, Aj’s mouth dropped open.

"Serena! When did you get here?" Howie said hugging her.

"Oh about 10 minutes ago. Nick let me and Gwen in." Serena responded.

"Nick why didn't you tell us that she was here?" Howie scolded.

Nick just threw his hands in the air and sighed, then plopped down onto the sofa. "How you two lived here together for this long is beyond me."