- Text Size +
The next morning, after Serena dropped Gwendolyn off at Mrs. Lestat's house, she marched into the hotel and went straight to her locker in the back room. She changed into her maid's uniform and locked the locker. As she proceeded on her way to the cleaning closet to get her cart, which held all of her cleaning supplies she bumped into someone and landed on her butt. When she looked up, her eyes met with the darkest brown eyes she had ever seen.

"I...I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." she stuttered as she scrambled to find words to say to the beautiful stranger standing before her.

"It's ok, I should have been more, uh...aware of where I was going." Howie said also struggling with words as he stared into her eyes.

"Oh don't mind her! She's ALWAYS in the way. Don't you have some rooms to clean Serena?" Julie said depreciating Serena with her shrewd words.

"Yes Julie." Serena said, her eyes dropping to the carpet.

"Then get to it, I don't pay you to stand around distracting the hotel's guests. I'll be sure that this little incident will be discounted from your check." Julie said in an informative manner.

"Oh no, that's not necessary, it was all my fault." Howie said suddenly, once he realized that he got the young woman in trouble.

"Oh, hahaha, alright then. I'll overlook it. Now Mr. Dorough, what are you doing down here with the common's? There's a lovely restaurant on our main floor." Julie said as she hooked her arm with his and the two walked down the hallway, leaving Serena to look after them.

With an angry stomp, Serena turned around and continued on her way to the cleaning supplies closet.

"Who does she think she is, desecrating me in front of him like that? What was I thinking just standing there and taking her bullshit?"

'Oh, I know, because you need the job in order to support you and your baby! Why do I have to work with such egocentric people? But at least I met Howie Dorough. He is the finest specimen on earth.' she thought.

"That's for damn sure,” she whispered out loud.

"What's for damn sure?"

"AH! Oh Ellyssa, it's only you. Don't scare me like that." Serena exclaimed.

"Why not? Where's the fun in that? Anyway, what were you talking about?" Ellyssa asked.

"Oh nothing, only Howie Dorough." She said with a smirk.

"You mean the hottie with the body from BSB?"

"Yup, I accidentally bumped into him in the hall a few minutes ago; until JULIE tried to practically enshroud me with her ignorance."

"That girl needs a shift kick in the butt."

"Yeah, but, I can't do anything. Anyway..."

"Yes, back to Mr. Perfect Abs." Ellyssa said with a huge grin.

Ellyssa knew how much Serena loved the group, and that Howie Dorough, even though he wasn't the most popular one, was the object of Serena’s affection for almost all of her teenage years.

"He is just so amazingly beautiful up close. His hair, his smile, his lips, pictures definitely do not d that god justice. Especially his eyes, when there not covered by his sunglasses. They're so engaging. Like he's a complex enigma, just waiting to be solved."

"Oh no, here we go again!" Ellyssa said as she noted the far away look in Serena's eyes.