- Text Size +
The group piled into Kevin's room to discuss their upcoming hiatus.

"So how long do we have again?" Nick asked.

"Uh, six weeks. All of December, and the first two weeks of January." Kevin replied.

"Cool, so what is everyone going to do for the whole length of it?" asked Brian.

"Well I'm going to California to chill with my family." Nick answered.

"I'm going home to Kristin, of course." Kevin chipped in.

"And I'm going to pick up Leigh Ann at the airport in the morning, and then we're flying back to Kentucky to visit mom and dad." Brain said.

"What about you two?" said Nick.

"I'm going to stay here for awhile, and check out the sights. It's pointless to go back to Orlando since we're meeting back here in January. What about you Howie?" Aj said turning to him.

"I think I’ll stay up here too. I kind of like this hotel." Howie replied.

"Cool, we can hang. I will show you my crib." Aj said in a lame attempt to quote the movie Rush Hour.

"That was really lame J. Anyway, I just have to get this month’s check in the bank, and I’ll be all set. You know we have to be careful and stealthy about this kind of thing." Howie said.

"Yeah we know. Well that's it for the meeting; now get out of my room. You're lucky I've been this polite so far." Kevin said, while pushing Brian out of the room.

"Oh yes, and we thank you kind sir for your complimentary hospitality. Yeah right!" laughed Nick.

"I'll see you guys later." Kevin said as he shut the door.

~*~

Serena hummed as she finished adding the last finesse to the room that she was working on. Looking around as she stopped humming she realized that she just finished cleaning the room of the man that she constantly thought about. Howie Dorough.

After she finished her conversation with Ellyssa that morning, she realized that he was indeed the writer of that letter that she had read the night before.

As she stood there she wondered if he had written since then. Eventually her curiosity got the better of her and she feigned cleaning inside the desk drawer.

"Bingo!" she said aloud triumphantly as she pulled the familiar stationary from the drawer. Serena unfolded the letter and sat in a nearby chair.

Dear querida,

Well here I sit, writing yet another letter. The guys are over in the next room goofing off (as usual) and I'm here writing to you. I know they know something's wrong, but I will continue holding this facade. Maybe all of this fallacy is the reason why I can't find the one. Of course there are those girls that are always fawning over us, but they're explicitly what I don't want. As horrible as that sounds, it is unfortunately the truth.

I'm not crossing out all fans, because the one I'm searching for might be one. I forgot to add that I want "her" to be in a complete state of fidelity, but that's a given.

I'm not going to forfeit the chance to find her. Maybe I'll find her here; maybe I'll receive a miracle. Hopefully my faith will flourish over night, but until then, I'll hold onto the little bit that I have left.

Hopefully yours someday,
Howie Dorough