- Text Size +
Guys this is my first attempt at publishing something I have written. Hope you enjoy!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was standing on the side of a cliff, watching the waves crashing onto the rocks below. It was a scene right out of a movie with the dark skies, the gusty wind, and the black waves meeting their death on the rocks. Lightening burst into the sky, lighting it up with such intensity.

My thoughts came rushing at me like a hammer to a nail. I felt so small compared to the weight being thrust upon me. My mind was spinning, making me dizzy with it’s memories. Had I actually shot my brother? I can’t remember completely, I ran out of there so quickly that my mind didn’t have time to catch up.

The bitter air was laughing at me, making me uneasy.

“Nick! Nick, snap out of it! It’s me AJ! Please Nick! Put the gun down!”

I shook my head viciously, the memory causing tears to pool into my eyes. I didn’t mean to do it.
AJ please forgive me. It wasn’t me. I couldn’t control myself. Please, please be alright.

I fell down onto my knees, my hands coming up to my face in pain. Tears streamed out of my eyes and I couldn’t control my anguish. How did I get into this mess? How did it get this far?

I was desperate to escape what had now become my life. The violence, the disputes, everything. I’m not like this! I’m not! Please AJ be okay. Please.

I frantically looked for a way out. I couldn’t live like this. I couldn’t live after killing my best friend. His fall replayed over and over in my mind’s memory, taunting me. I had to end it now.

I reached into my pocket, where the warm gun rested. The metal glimmered in the flashes of lightening that surrounded me. It was calling me, beckoning me to use it for the greater good. I held the object to my temple, knowing that with one pull of the trigger, it would all be over.

My fingers gripped the gun tightly, pulling on the trigger.

A loud burst of thunder, shook me to death and the world around me immediately went black.