- Text Size +
Thanks Tori D for reviewing my story! That totally rocks!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nick awoke startled from his dream. A cold sweat covered his body and the bed he was lying in. His mind was disoriented, but the dream was as real as the sun shining in the windows around him. He slowly returned to reality, noticing his surroundings.

“Man, that was a weird dream,” he sighed to himself, untangling his legs from the sheets on his bed in Marathon. He walked cautiously into the bathroom, afraid of tripping over the numerous items littering the floor.

He looked at his face in the mirror. The black bags under his eyes, the saddened nature of the blue hue. His skin was turning pasty from lack of sleep and sun. Even his hair had definite signs of depression. He turned away from the image and walked to the shower, letting the water warm, before he stepped in. His boxer-briefs fell to the floor along with his white t-shirt and he slid into the hot water and steam his shower often created.

The dream he had had plagued his thoughts throughout the shower. Most times, it would help to eliminate the problems, but this time, it was almost as it he was supposed to remember it. The dream was so vivid, plotting out exactly what was happening. He could still feel the cold wind against his skin and the soft rain drops that fell every few seconds. The sound of the waves were embedded in his ears. And all that was just the end. The things he didn’t want to remember, the coaxing of a gently female voice, the passionate sex they shared, and the lead up to the death of his band mate, also were a constant reminder of how real the dream was. The sex part wasn’t bad, he convinced himself, but he could feel her raw, evil hatred while he was inside her.

An hour passed before he realized it and he heard his alarm ringing incessantly in his bedroom. He quickly finished up his shower, shampooing his hair and washing his tired face, then got out and wrapped a towel around his waist.

He walked into his bedroom, his body still dripping from the shower, and flicked the alarm off. He needed to hurry and get dressed. His flight to Los Angeles was due to leave at 9:20 sharp, with or without him. He pushed the thoughts of his dream as far from his mind as possible as he set to packing and dressing for the long weekend ahead of him.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Nick stepped out of the plane and walked slowly down the corridor, knowing Jackie, his PR was supposed to meet him. The crowd of people around him were happily reuniting with loved ones. No one giving a care in the world that he was once a world famous musician. For that, he was ecstatic. He was normal.

He gave a smile to Jackie as he spotted her sipping coffee against a wall. She straightened herself when he approached.

“Ready for business, Carter?” she asked, beginning the walk to the baggage claim.

“Always,” he replied half-heartedly. Today was the first meeting with the guys and their new management company to negotiate a contract. Everyone was expected to be there. In fact, Brian had taken the Atlanta flight an hour before his.

After grabbing his suitcase, she led him to the awaiting car and they slid in. The driver introduced himself as Henry and was more than happy to be driving “Mr. Carter” around Los Angeles for the weekend. Nick just gave a half-hearted smile in return from the back seat and stared out the window of the all too familiar surroundings.