- Text Size +
Thanks guys again for the awesome reviews! Enjoy!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“Nick,” she called, tears filling her eyes. “He was hitting on me. He wouldn’t stop grabbing me.”

My face flushed in anger towards the man I had called my brother for so many years. I couldn’t believe he had crossed the line with her. My anger was evident as I continuously clenched and unclenched my fists. “I’m going to kill him,” I whispered, eyeing the door down the hall.

“Nick, please, not now,” she rushed, her eyes growing wide at discovering how much control she had over me. She stepped towards, me and placed her hands on my shoulders, turning me to face her. “Please, leave it alone for now.”

My eyes dropped to hers and they softened as I hid the anger I was feeling. She was right. I couldn’t do anything now. It would have to wait, but I swear, if he ever lays his eyes on her again, he’s going to wish he hadn’t.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I woke up, anger overcoming my senses. Another dream, this time, it ended so quickly that I didn’t see AJ being killed by my hand, but I was so overpowered with anger towards him that I was just about ready to kill him.

What’s wrong with me? I can’t think like that. Maybe Brian was right and this is some sort of premonition. This is the third night in a row that I’ve dreamt of being angry towards AJ. This time, I found out why I had such a strong hatred towards the man.

I thought back to the girl in my dream. She still was a fuzzy memory, but the voice was becoming a little clearer, a little more familiar, but I was still unable to put a face to it.

Erica stirred beside me before falling back asleep. I pulled the comforter around her bare shoulders and kissed her sweetly on the cheek before getting out of bed. I needed to do something to clear my head. This dream seemed to consume me and I had gotten to the point that I wanted to kill my best friend. That’s not the realization you want to wake up to in the early morning hours.

I padded down stairs and flipped on the television. It always worked before. I had to stop myself from thinking these thoughts. Brian’s words echoed in my head. Do the opposite of what you did here. Do the opposite. What was the opposite? I wasn’t sure anymore. Was I living this event now? Or was it decades in the future. How are you supposed to tell that kind of thing?

What if Erica is the girl that keeps taunting me to stick up for myself? I shook my head at that. She was too perfect, too kind. There was no way her sweetness would be able to coax me into murdering somebody. Besides, she loved the guys. She loved my family. She loved everyone she came in contact with. There was no one person she didn’t like. I then ruled out Erica as being the girl in the dream. So it couldn’t have been now. I could relax.

I had sat silently for three hours coming up with that. By the time I told myself to relax and forget about it, the sky outside was becoming lighter. I still couldn’t help but wonder, though, why was I getting these dreams?