- Text Size +
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been extremely sidetracked with the whole Superbowl/Tom Brady/Playoffs thing. I can't believe I met him! Anyways, thanks guys for the reviews and I hope you like the new chap!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I stared blankly out of the plane window, unable to sleep in fear of having yet another dream. Every night in the past month, I had a dream. This time, it was more in actual time, playing out until the end. One night I would dream a whole day’s worth of events, the next would be yet another day in the dream world.

I looked beside me. Erica was sound asleep, using one of the airplane pillows. That was reason number two that I couldn’t sleep. I had no idea how the guys were going to react to me bringing Erica with me to Sweden. We always had an unspoken agreement that no girlfriends or wives were allowed to accompany us to the studio, but right now, I had to have her. I needed her. She was my lifeline in so many ways at the moment. Even though, she had no clue about my nightmares, she also had no clue that she was the only reason I would go to sleep at nights. She was my security blanket.

If anyone would understand that, it would be Brian. I’d have to speak with him first, before the other guys saw her. He’d stand up for me.

The moment we stepped off the plane, I felt a strong urge to kiss the ground I was walking on. I always hated flying. I was so stricken with jet lag that I felt as though I was going to throw up. I was exhausted from staying awake for 16 hours. My head felt fuzzy and I felt like I was spinning in circles.

Thankfully, Erica held onto my arm the entire walk through the airport, keeping me standing upright. It had to have been the worst jet lag I had ever experienced in all my years traveling. I looked through the crowds until I finally spotted my body guard, Rick. I almost didn’t recognize him. I hadn’t seen him since my pre-solo years. I high-fived him, introduced him to Erica, and we were on our way to the baggage claim. For once in my lifetime, I was informed that I was the first one to arrive in Sweden. Yes! Victory!

We got to the hotel and almost the second I laid down on the bed, I fell into a comfortable sleep, all the while, Erica bustled around the room, hanging clothes and putting them in drawers.

After what seemed like five minutes, a knock sounded on the door, waking me up and leaving me groggy. I hugged the figure next to me, then got up. I peeped through the hole and smiled when I recognized Brian’s goofy face staring back at me.

“Hey man,” I smiled, letting him into the room, telling him to be quiet. We walked across the room to the couch and we sat down.

“Who’s the girl?” Brian whispered, gazing at Erica asleep on the bed.

“That’s Erica, my girlfriend. You remember that dream I told you about?”

“Yeah. Is that still bothering you?” His eyes grew wide with concern. It had been 3 months since I had the first dream.

“Well, for a while they stopped, but now, I have those stupid dreams every night. I don’t know what’s wrong with me anymore. Before she moved in with me, I wouldn’t go to sleep, I couldn’t make myself. She’s the only reason I go to sleep now. I know Kev and the guys are gonna be pissed at me for bringing her, but do you think you could maybe legitimize her staying?”

“Legitimize?” He looked at me like I had grown another head. I was beginning to rethink my choice of words. I knew better than using a word like that around him. “You want me to explain to the guys that she helps you think?”

“Yeah, something like that. Thanks Bri.” We continued to talk quietly for a while longer, updating each other on our lives.

As he left, he reminded me about our group dinner in the hotel restaurant taking place in two hours. He left it up to me whether or not I wanted to bring Erica.

“Good to see ya again,” I said, walking him out the door. “I’ll see ya in a few hours.”

“Alright. I’ll talk to the guys. See ya later.”

I closed the door behind him and went to lay back down beside Erica, hugging her close to my body. I twisted her hair around my fingers and rubbed circles across her back. I knew I had fallen head over heels for her and I would do practically anything in my power to ensure her safety. I hoped and prayed that the guys would accept her into our circle. Especially since I was breaking one of our rules by bringing her with us.