- Text Size +
Chapter 10

"Hey guys." AJ sighed and sat next to Howie. "What's on the agenda today?"

"Same as yesterday bone, we need to come up with songs for the album." Brain took a sip of his coffee. "Any ideals?"

"None lately, I've been having writer's block for a while now...I don't know what's up with me." Brian nodded.

"That's understandable."

"I've been writing a bit." Nick piped in. "Nothing much just a little something."

"Same here." Kevin smiled as he walked into the room. "But the major thing is not about the songs it's about you guys..." He shot a look at AJ. "Are we ready to go back out there and do this again?" They nodded. "Because it you aren't it's okay and you shouldn't feel pressured." Kevin offered AJ and kind smile and he returned it. It might be said that Kevin is the big brother in the group, the perfectionist but when it all comes down to it he tends to be soft at heart.

"Fella's you made it." Shay beamed, walking through the door. "I was worried out of my mind." She placed her paperwork down and looked at the group.

"You know we'd never disappoint you." Nick smiled, winking.

"Cute." She laughed.

"Aren't I always?"

"Do you really want her to answer that Nicky?" AJ smirked. "I don't think she wants to hurt your feelings." Shay winked at AJ.

"Whatever." Nick muttered. "Let's get on to business."

"Nick want's to work? Are you feeling ok buddy?" Brain joked, laughing at the death glare Nick sent him.

"All right now leave him alone." Shay laughed. "It's time to talk about the next level of BSB, where do you see your self's going with this album? What do you want to accomplish?"

"Well, Shay that's one of the things we wanted to talk to you about." Brain started.

"As much as we love what we do we have other responsibilities we have to take care of." Kevin cleared his throat.

"What do you mean?" Shay took a seat next to AJ. "You don't want to do another album?"

"No, we're going to do another album but this one may be are last." Kevin sighed. "We're getting older and having kids and we all feel it's not fair to our families or to us."

"What about...?"

"We love our fans don't get us wrong, we really do...it's just time to put BSB to rest." Nick smiled sadly. "We know how much this is going to hurt them but there's no other way."

"We'll always be the Backstreet boys." Howie tried to lighten the mode. "It's far past time to close the door on this project and venture to the new ones laid out before us."

"Brian and I are married, he has a kid." Kevin listed. "Alex has Jenna and is one foot out the door from marriage himself." Kevin picked at him, laughing at his expression.

"Looking to settle down are we AJ?" Shay smiled and he nodded slowly. "Who's the luck girl?"

"Ah, don't know yet...but whoever she is you can bet she'll have a heart of gold." His face fell thinking of his words, Kat's face appeared in his mind for she was the only one he had ever really whole heartily considered marrying after Sarah. Howie read the look on his friends face and redirected the conversation.

"That's why its' important to come up with a good tittle, something that symbolizes all the roads."

"Yeah." Brian agreed. "Exactly."

"I understand." Shay nodded. "This turned out to be quite a big meeting huh?" She offered a soft smile and the guys returned it.

"Yeah, but it's better late then never." Brian patted her back.

"Well," She started to get up, gathering her things. "I'll go run this by Jive and let them know what's up so we can start your farewell album."

"Thanks Shay." She nodded at the thank you's going around.

"No problem guys, I'll be right back." Making her way out the door and down the hall the guys sat there speechless.

"It's really going to happen huh? BSB coming to an end." Howie sighed.

"Everything must end and beginning again, it's a way of life." AJ closed his eyes. "No matter how unfair it seems..."

"Are you ok A.."

"I'm fine, just tired." The truth of the matter was he was not okay, deep down he was a time bomb ready to go off. He had been trying to focus on things happening now then what had happened in the past with Kat but he couldn't...it didn't help that the aniversury of her death with next week. AJ seemed untouched by his groupmates conversation till he was brought back to realitly.

"Isn't Jenna turning four on..."

"The 14th." He finished. The night his love was lost and born over again. It's hard to lose someone close to you, someone you've grown accustomed to holding, loving just living each moment for a different reason. She was his connection to himself.

"You know Leigh and I would love having Jenna over tonight, that is if it's okay with daddy." Brian offered, he know somthing was up with AJ and if he wouldn't share it with them then maybe he would to Kayce.

"She has school tomorrow..."

"I could take her, plus we still have some of her things from her last visit so it's quite all right." AJ nodded.

"Ok, I'll have to called Kacy and tell her."

"It's ok, I'll do it." Brian took out his phone and called Kayce, after about twenty or so minutes he hung up and smiled at AJ. "She sure worries like a mom." He laughed. "Call me if anythings wrong, I don't care what time it is!" He mocked Kayce, making a small smile appear on AJ's face.

"She's a good woman." AJ played with one of his rings. "Don't know what I'd do without her." A minute went by and AJ laughed thinking of her responce. "Your laundry."

"You know you can make almost any woman a wife, but ones like Kayce..." Kevin smiled. "They make wonderfull moms too...you'd be a fool to let her get away."

"I don't plan to."

AJ walked through the door and was greated with the smell of Chicken and rice. A smile slowly formed on his lips as he closed the door and made his way to the kitchen. There he found Kayce picking at bread and reading a magazine. He stopped and took in the picture before him, the guys where right...he was lucky. "Hey." Kayce looked up at him and offered a small smile.

"Hey...how was your day?" She patted the seat next to her and AJ took the hint.

"It's not that important..."

"Yeah it is...what happend? Why do you look so down tonight?"

"We told Shay about this being our last alblum..."

"What did she say? Was is that bad?"

"Well Jive was kind of expecting us to soon anyways so they all give us their support." He smiled a little.

"What about...what is it you call her? Oh yeah...sex on a stick?" Kayce giggled. "What did she have to say about it?"

"Ahh, Shay was shocked."

"I bet she was, now she has to find another excuse to do the monkey dance." She joked and AJ stuck his tongue at her. "You'll miss it no doubt."

"Not true..." He smirked. "I still have you."

"Keep telling yourself that McLean."

"You know you want this." He joked.

"Yeah, badly." She laughed and checked on the rice. "Give it about three more minutes and we'll have grub as you call it." She shot a look at AJ, amusment writen over her face.

AN: Please Review! Chpt 11 is waiting to go up! :-D