- Text Size +
Chapter 2

The cool wooden floors greeted AJ as he reached the bottom of the stairs, light rain could be heard tapping against the kitchen window. AJ slowly reached and opened the closet door picking up an old dusty book. Sighing he closed the door behind him and made his way to the kitchen. Without turning on the light he sat in any emty chair tracing the desings of the book that held so many lost memories, ones he'd kill to forget and yet those he struggles to remember.

"I need you." He whispered, the rain falling was his only answer. He slowly opened the book only to be met by her smiling face. "Kat.." Each page reminded him of what he could never have again, or so he thought. "I'm n-not strong enough to do this and I should be." He thought to himself as he turned the page. "What I wouldn't give for a drink right now." He mumbled and felt guilty as soon as it left his lips. Slaming the book close in anger he threw it back into the closet along with all her other memories he couldn't excape. He sat on the floor staring at the closet door for the longest time letting his tears consum him. After pulling himself together he climed the stairs once more stopping by Jenna's room to find her sleeping peacfully he sighed, she had no memory whatsoever of her mother, nothing but pictures and stories where given to her. AJ stepped into his room leaving the door a jar so he could listen for Jenna and laid across his bed.

~*~*~*~*~

"Holy..."

"Well good morning to you to." Kayce laughed as AJ mummbled something about coffee. "Downstairs on the table." She ploped down on the bed. "Ya know, you should really get up." AJ uncovered his head causing Kayce to laugh at his wild hair.

"Give me one reason why?"

"It's such a pretty day out!"

"That's nice." He re-buried his head in his pillow.

"AJ!" She wined.

"Kayce!" He mocked. He waited for a minute or two before he sat up. "Happy?"

"Very." She beamed.

"You dropped Jenna off at school right?" He slowly rubbed his eyes.

"Jenna?" AJ froze and looked at her.

"My daughter?"

"I was supposed to take her today?"

"Yes! God Kay, I asked you yesterday..and now.."

"I didn't know you signed the poor thing up for class' on a Saturday, what kind of father are you?" She laughed.

"It's Saturday?" AJ sighed relief as Kayce nodded her head in amusment.

"Shocking isn't it?" She joked and AJ went to kiss her cheek but she pulled back.

"What?" He asked puzzled.

"You...toothbrush...now!" She giggled and AJ laughed, getting up he streched and made his way to the bathroom. After a shower he came out freah and dressed.

"Kay?"

"Downstairs!" She yelled in mid-giggle. AJ came down the stairs to find Jenna sitting on the floor playing with her leapfrog books.

"Hi daddy!" She smiled and ran to AJ. He kissed her forehead and gave her a hug.

"Morning sweets....did you sleep alright?" He asked as he put her down and she ran into the kithen.

"Yep yep!" She stopped and looked back at AJ with thougth. "But i'm not sure I can say the same for Uncle Nicky." The little girl laughed and hugged Kayce, who was on the phone, then ran back into the living room singing. "Leapfrog...leapfrog..."

AN: Thanks Sassy for the reviews :-D More to come soon!