- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"Yeah I'm sure." She said to the person. AJ smiled and went to pour himself a cup when Kayce pointed to one sitting on the counter. "Yep." AJ kissed her on the cheek and she smiled, giving him the thumbs up, he then got his cup and sat down at one of the stools while Kayce wraped up her conversatin and came to sit down next to him.

"Who was that?" He asked playing with his spoon.

"Your mom, she just called to check up on ya." She smiled.

"Woo! I got another one!" Jenna yelled, excitely from the living room.

"What would I do without you?"

"Your own laundry." Kayce joked and they laughed.

"True." AJ half smiled at her, she reminded him so much of Kat it wasn't even funny. Not her appearence but her spirit. They had met eighteen months after Kat's death, Kevin had tried to set them up but AJ wasn't ready to start a relationship and Kayce respected that, so they evoved into friends. Jenna was far to attached to Kayce for her to leave and AJ liked having her around so she moved in as kinda his live in babysitter. Kayce didn't mind at all for she to found herself in love with Jenna...who wouldn't be?

"So what's on the agenda today?"

"Nothing to stressfull." AJ sighed and grabbed a muffin. "Can you pass me the..." Kayce passed him the butter. "Think you know me pretty well do we?" AJ smiled, spreading the contents on the muffin.

"Ugh! More then I want to sometimes." She giggled.

"Yeah..yeah." AJ smirked and took a sip of his coffee quickly spiting it back out. "You didn't put anything in it." AJ wiped his mouth.

"Now I told you coffee was downstairs, that it was on the table...no where in those two senteses did I mention fixing it for you." She giggled.

"Your evil...just plan evil." He smiled.

"Spank you!"

"Later." AJ joked and fixed his coffee. He looked back and saw Kayce taking a peice of his muffin. She was beautifull, no argument there. She was 5'5, gray eyes and raven hair, she was a little over adverage weight for a woman. "More cushion for the pushin." She'd always say. She always made AJ laugh even when he felt he couldn't, she was a great friend.

"Kay?" Jenna came bouncing into the kitchin with her book.

"Yeah?"

"Are we still going?"

"Going where?" AJ asked and placed his empty cup in the sink.

"Nope, we no tell you daddy." Jenna giggled.

"And why not?" He smiled.

"Because we're having a girls day daddy." Kayce laughed.

"Yeppers! No boys allowed."

"Fine." AJ laughed. "I can tell when I'm not wanted." Jenna studied him for a minute and ran into his arms.

"Don't worry daddy, I still love you." She opened her little arms and wide as she could. "This much.."

"Ditto." Jenna hopped down from AJ's arms, slipped on her sandels and waited for Kayce.

"Don't worry yourself to much daddy." Kayce joked. "We'll be back around lunch or so and we'll pick up your favorite." She smiled, kissed his cheek and was out the door. AJ got up and watched them till they where out of sight. He sighed...the happy mask was down, he didn't have to pretend anymore. The past months had been total hell for him. The ablum and a unfinished tour where breathing down his back and being a parent was stressfull, not that he didn't love Jenna, he did but sometimes he wondered if he was good enough for her. To the public he was fine, he was better. He had gotten help and solved all his problems and that was true for a time but after Kat died he fell apart but not enough so anyone would notice. He knew he had to keep it together but it was getting harder everyday.

"Live for Jenna..." He whispered. "Live for Jenna."

AN: Please leave a review, the ones I've gotten have been wonderful *grin* thanx you guys! :-D More to come soon!