- Text Size +
Chapter 4

"You know it's times like these where I'm reminded that you are very much your father's daughter." Kayce giggled as she lead a hyper Jenna through the front door while trying to carry a few bags.

"And that's the way...un huh un huh I likes it un huh un huh." Jenna sang off-tune."

"Yep, no doubt in my mind your Alex's spawn."

"What's a pawn? Like on a checker board?" Jenna asked causing Kay to laugh.

"No sweets, don't worry about it." Jenna looked at her for a minute as if in deep thought then ran to the living room.

"Daddy!"

"In here sweetpea." AJ called from his spot on the couch, he quickly turned off the T.V. "Hey." He greeted the tiny child, opening his arms to her.

"Are you okay dada?" Jenna asked holding what she could of Alex's face in her small hands. "You look sad." Kayce stopped in the door and watched the two. He did indeed look sad and she wondered what had changed his mood in the last few hours.

"Naw, I'm okay love...just a little tired." AJ faked a yawn. "Did you eat yet?" He asked begging the subject to change and she allowed it.

"Yep! Kay took me to Mickey D's and looks!" She pulled out a toy barbie. "They gave me this." She smiled proudly.

"Wow!" AJ studied the doll for a moment trying to look interested which brought a smile to Kayce's face. "What did you name her?"

"Kayce."

"Kayce? Are you sure you want to name it that!" AJ joked.

"Hey!" A whine came from the door. "I resent that!" She joked and came to sit with the pair.

"I'm sure you do." He poked her side.

"Look at ya! Always got something to say right Jenna?" And she nodded. AJ looked between the two in disbelief.

"Double teamed today am I?"

"Hon, try everyday." Jenna giggled at the two. "We just like to pretend you win sometimes so you won't feel so bad." She winked at Jenna.

"Well, aren't you two angels." He smirked.

"And don't you forget it mister!"

"Yeah...yeah...I can take a hint." The three laughed. "Now if you ladies are done shooting my horse I think I'll go find that Mickey D bag." He kissed their cheeks and headed to the kitchen.

"Daddy I didn't know you had a horse?" Kayce giggled.

"Let's go and hang up you new clothes ok?"

"Okay, on one condition though..."

"And that would be?" Kayce gathered up the bags from the doorway.

"Piggyback ride!" She grin and Kayce looked at her scared.

"Sweets I don't think she can give you one right now, with all those bags in her hands, unless we promise to take her to the hospital afterwards." AJ laughed at the site, chewing on a fry.

"I'm glad you find this ever so funny McLean."

"Well, if your glad then I'm glad." He smirked.

"Charmer."

"Why of course." He placed a giggling Jenna on his back, grabbed most of the bags from Kayce and they headed upstairs. After hanging up clothes and putting toys away Kayce laid Jenna down for a nap. After about a half hour of laundry she went to find AJ in his room deep in thought.

"Hey you." She whispered, half smiling as AJ turned to greet her.

"Hey." He sighed.

"What's up?" She absently played with one of his rings on his night stand.

"Nothing just racking my brain on this song I've been working on."

"Can I hear it? Maybe I could help."

"Naw, not that I don't want your help it's just a tune I've been working on...I can't seem to put it into words."

"I'm sure you'll get it soon." She pecked his cheek causing him to smile.

"Your wonderful you know that?"

"Duh! This is me where talking about." Kayce joked and AJ rolled his eyes.

"Cocky are we Kayce Ann?"

"Well,..." She sighed and headed for the door. "I'm proud to say I've learned from the best."

"And what does that mean?" AJ called to her but was only answered by her floating laughter. "Woman." He smiled and placed his notebook back on his desk. It didn't seem as though he would have anymore lucky then he normally had. "Tomorrow's another day J." Kat's words floated through the air. AJ rubbed the back of his neck in frustration, was it ever going to get easier?

AN: Please leave a review, thanks! :-)