- Text Size +
Chapter 5 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Daddy...daddy!" AJ cracked one eye open to find Jenna holding up a paper. "Looks what I made dada!" She beamed while AJ smiled, yawning a bit.

"Let's see." He rubbed his eyes, trying to get a good look at the drawing. "And who would this be?"

"It's you!"

"Me?" Jenna nodded causing AJ to chuckle. He studied the drawing for a while and kissed Jenna's forehead. "Beautiful sweets."

"Looks daddy." She pointed out all his tattoos. "I even drawed all your paintings."

"Your mean drew hunny."

"Like I said...drawed." Jenna playfully rolled her eyes. "You need to get out more." Her little hand poked AJ's side.

"Hey!" He laughed. "in less you want the tickle monster to come out..."

"Otay." She giggled and headed downstairs. AJ shook his head and stretched, he couldn't believe he had fallen asleep there on his desk all night. As he stood he felt a blanket fall off him, attached to it was a short note.

Hey sleepy head, I came back in here last night to check up on ya and you where already knocked out! I would have moved ya to the bed but your to heavy, never thought anyone would say that! I'm just playing...night love."

AJ placed the note on his desk and made his way to the shower. Coming out he heard laughter like he did every other morning. This was one of the things that always started his day off right.

"Fighting crime, trying to save the world...here they come just in time, the Powerpuff Girls." Jenna bounced in her seat eating Apple Jacks.

"Morning all." AJ beamed but was quickly shh'd by Jenna. "Morning." He whispered, grinning, heading into the kitchen. "Hello gorgeous." AJ kissed Kayce's cheek and sat down at the table. "You must be in one of your moods." He smirked.

"One of my moods?" She asked and set two hot plates of breakfast on the table. "How so?"

"You seem really quite that's all." He turned his attention back to his food. "No one can cook like you Kay." He said, placing a mouth full of eggs in his mouth. Kayce smiled a bit when he realized that they where still hot, she handed him a cup of OJ to help it down. AJ thanked her and he wondered why she was being so distant all of a sudden.

"Did something happen?" That was all it took, Kayce took her untouched food and placed in on the counter, anyway to get away from him at the moment. "Kace?" He slowly stood and went to her. "What's wrong?" He turned her around but she refused to meet his eyes for if she did he would see nothing but tears. "Hey." He said gently and raised her chin to look at him. Deep...dark brown eyes, the kind you seem to lose yourself yet find yourself it. "Kayce what's wrong?"

"Your going to think this is really really stupid and that I shouldn't be getting upset over something like this." She tried to move but AJ held her, wiping away stray tears he gave her a soft smile.

"Nothing that makes you cry is stupid...everything about you is important and you should know that." He kissed both of her eye lids. "Now." He sighed. "Tell papa bear what's wrong." He joked and was pleased when she cracked a smile.

"Elmo's here." Kayce couldn't help but giggle at AJ's face.

"Elmo?"

"Elmo." She stated matter-of-factly. "You know that thing every one of the female population gets once..."

"Ok!" AJ held up his hands causing Kayce to laugh. "No further details are needed."

"I'm very touchy and emotional, you should know that by now Alex." Kayce smiled.

"Yeah." He laughed. "I'll have to stay clear of ya." He ducked as Kayce threw the dish towel at him. AJ stuck his tongue at her playfully causing Kayce to roll her eyes. "You know you want this." He laughed.

"Ha! That's a good one." Kayce turned her full attention to a smirking AJ.

"Denial, my dear, is not a river in Egypt."

"God your unbelievable."

"Most women seem to say that but with a slight high pitch in their voice."

"Wow. Your mother must be very proud." Kayce laughed and made her way around him. "Jenna?" She looked in the living room but the small child was no where to be found. "Jenna?" She asked with more alert in her voice. "Where are you?"

"Jenna?" AJ called as he to walked into the living room. "Sweetpea this isn't funny where are you?" Kayce took the stairs with AJ close behind. "Jenna?"

"Jenna?" They searched every room, including hers. "God." Kayce sighed entering her room. She looked puzzled for a moment and slowly made her way to her bed.

"Kayce...."

"Shh..." She pointed and AJ followed her gaze to the small body laying in the comfort of the blankets. "She couldn't hear us, she's sleep." Kayce smiled, gently caressing the child's hair. AJ smiled in content at the scene, to anyone else it would look like mother and daughter. He was lucky to have these two and he thanked god everyday...but he wasn't all right...and deep down he knew it.