- Text Size +
Chapter 7

"Daddy!" Jenna yelled as she spotted AJ. He smiled and scooped her up in his arms.

"Did you have fun today sweetie?" He asked as he kissed her all over her face causing her to giggle.

"That tickles dada."

"It does?" He mocked shocked.

"Yeppers." Jenna beamed and put her forehead to his. "Don't be sad, I still love you dada." AJ smiled and sighed.

"Good." He opened the door and locked her seat belt. "You had me worried for a second there." He made a goofy face and Jenna poked him in his side.

"Hey." AJ laughed closing the door and making his way to the divers side.

"Where's Kay dada?"

"She's at home helping Kevin with some tour business sweetie." He answered and pulled into traffic.

"Ohh." Jenna sat for a minute. "Does that mean your going to go back on that gray bus again?" AJ laughed.

"Yeah but not for sometime now."

"Why?" She asked turning to him, her brown eyes reflected his own as he stole a quick glance at her.

"Well..." He thought putting his words together. "Something's happened and we wont finish this tour but on the next we'll go see the ones who missed out first."

"Do they get their moneys back?" AJ smiled at his daughter.

"Yes hun, they get their moneys back." Jenna sighed and looked out the window. "Sweetie what do you think of Kayce?" He asked after some time.

"I love her lots daddy." Jenna beamed.

"Yeah, me to." AJ smiled and pulled into his driveway. After gathering up Jenna and her book bag they made it to the door and inside. "Kays?" AJ called, placing his keys on the hook. Jenna took for the stairs.

"I go do my homework daddy." AJ smiled.

"Kays?" He looked around and found her laying on the couch fast asleep. A smile played on his lips and he gently brushed wild strains of hair away from the silk that made her face. "She looks so cute." He thought to himself and removed her glasses. She stirred a bit but didn't awaken, he moved some of the papers from her lap. "For the tour." he thought. AJ sat there for an hour and he wasn't sure why. He loved being around Kayce, she brought a silent peace to his life as well as Jenna. Granted she was far from being a super model he found all her imperfections beautiful.

"Hey." A soft voice broke him from his thoughts and he looked down at Kayce's once sleeping form.

"Hey." He returned her tone. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay." She slowly rubbed her eyes. "I should get up anyway." She looked at the clock and it read 4:15. "I have to start diner." She went to get up but AJ stopped her.

"Let me." He smiled and Kayce looked at him weird. "What?" AJ grinned at her expression. "I can cook."

"Alex..."

"What? I can." Kayce shook her head with a slight laugh. "I might burn something on occasion but I'm a good cook."

"Sweetie you burn everything."

"Noo..."

"Yes..." She mocked him causing him to pout.

"Cajun food is good for you." Kayce laughed.

"Are you serious? You are aren't you?" He just stood there. "Oh Alex." She got up and made her way to the kitchen, laughter still playing in her voice, AJ soon joined her.

"It's wasn't that bad." She stopped ant looked him dead in the eye.

"You burnt water Alex." She laughed and so did he. "My god, you and only you can find a way to burn water." AJ swatted her with the dish towel but she ducked, sticking out her tongue in victory.

"I didn't burn it, it evaporated." AJ stated, only causing them to laugh harder.

"Sure whatever you say." Kayce took out the required pans and made her way to the pantry.

"What are we having tonight "Martha?" AJ joked.

"Well, I'm sure that Martha will be having whatever the inmates let her." AJ laughed. "But where having pasta."

"Oh...should I break out the wine dear?" He just loved messing with her.

"Why? So you can get me drunk and have your way with me?" She called back, joking.

"You and I both know I don't need wine to do that."

"Sure Age, whatever you say." AJ smiled and played with his rings.

"I'm trying Kat...i'm trying."