- Text Size +
Chapter 8

"Hey Kacy." Jenna beamed, coming into her room. "What ya doin?" Asking as she played with the ruffle of the bed cover.

"Nothing much sweetie." She offered a small smile. "Are you all set for school?" She asked and Jenna nodded, her eyes got wide as she remembered something. She ran back into her room causing Kayce to laugh.

"Woo..." She heard AJ say. "Where's the fire?" He laughed at the puzzled look Jenna gave him.

"I don't know dada." She slid under his legs and continued to her room.

"Hey you."

"Hey you." She repeated as he kissed her cheek. "Look at you, your looking spiffy." Kayce smiled and gave him the once over.

"When don't I?" He laughed but quickly stopped. "Don't answer that."

"Yeah." She smirked.

"What are you writing?" He asked trying to get a peak but she pulled it to her chest.

"Nothing."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, really?" She laughed and Jenna came back with her book bag. "Now what is it that you wanted to show me love?" AJ smirked and whispered into her ear.

"But I can't show you that now love," He laughed. "Jenna's here." Kayce pushed him away rolling her amusement filled eyes.

"Yeah, sure." Kayce waved him off. "Whatever floats your boat."

"You know you want this." He smirked, that tease always got to her. "What's this?" He turned his attention to Jenna who had hopped on the bed spreading out the picture for all to see.

"Looks!" Her little hand touched the drawing with such pride. "There's you, me and dada." She beamed, not knowing that she was the only one who made sense of it but it was adorable nevertheless. "The sky was a pose to be blues but Eric used it all so I made mines purple."

"How dare he!" AJ smiled and tickled her.

"I must say you did a wonderful job on your father Jen." Kayce chuckled at the fiery red tips.

"Hey, let's have a day where daddy isn't being ganged up on by his two best girls." Jenna and Kayce shared a glance.

"But then where's the fun in that." Kayce laughed.

"Yep daddy, where's the funs in thats." Jenna mimicked.

"You two will be the death of me someday." AJ laughed and placed Jenna on his shoulders. "Ready sweets?" Jenna bent and kissed Kayce on the cheek beaming.

"I's ready dada." Kayce laughed as she watch AJ and Jenna's descending form from her bedroom door. She sighed and laid back in bed finishing up what she had written. She was going to be a lone for most of the day since Jenna was in school and AJ was off to Kevin's to work things out for their next album. Sighing she looked at the clock and it read 10a.m. Getting herself out of bed she took a quick shower, grabbed an apple a headed out of the door.

"Hey Jamie..." Kayce called her sister. "Is the studio open?"

"When is it ever closed." She laughed.

"Great I'll be there in a few."

"Sure thing." She hung up and Kayce backed out the driveway. It took her about twenty minutes to get there and when she did Jamie was outside heading for the garden. "Hey you." She smiled and Kayce returned it. "Ready to go at it again I see." Kayce smiled taking her bag out the trunk.

"Yeah, it's about time I try again."

"What made you change your mind about it." Kayce shrugged.

"To tell you the truth I really don't know, but all I know is that I woke up this morning and I had this urge to paint." Jamie shook her head in understandingly. "It's about time to I guess."

"It's what he would want Kay, dad knew how much you loved to paint and it would hurt him to see you this way."

"I know." They made it inside. Kayce slowly looked around, so many memories lied within these walls it was amazing. "It's just like I remembered it." She chuckled as Jamie showed her the paint spill they had made as children. "Dad never could get that out." Jamie smiled.

"He could have, if he had wanted to..." Kayce laughed and continued to walk with Jamie, reliving the past and looking at paintings that her father had made in his time. The girls where really close to their father, their mother had died when they where young in a car accident, they where far to young to understand. There where many paintings hung around. Some where sill life, other's of animals and such. Some of Kayce and Jamie as kids playing at the pond.

"Remember this day?" Jamie nodded. "It was the day we went fishing." She giggled.

"...And we fell in..." They laughed in unison, Kayce glanced out the window and in the distance saw the water of the pond mixing with the sun.

"The good old days."

"Yep, the good old days..." Kayce's voice slowly drifted away as he eyes made contact with her father's last painting. "I never saw this..."

"I tried to get a hold of you after the wake but I couldn't." Jamie said in a whisper. "He wanted us to have something to remember him by." Kayce stood frozen looking upon the painting. On it showed the three of them hand in hand heading towards the pond. "That was our special place." Jamie nodded with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry it took me so long to come back, I just didn't know if I could."

"It's ok." Jamie held her sister, she felt her tears on her shirt. "What's important is that you here now." Kayce pulled back and wiped her tears and so did Jamie. "Come on, let's go find us some lunch and catch up shall we?" Kayce looked at her sister and smiled.

"On one condition?"

"What's that?"

"No mud pies."

"Deal." The two laughed and made their way into the kitchen. Kayce stopped at the door glancing at the picture again smiling.

"Yeah.." She whispered. "It's far past time."

AN: Thank you all for the reveiws! More to come soon!