- Text Size +
Chapter 9

"Kacy are you home?" AJ called coming in with Jenna who was fast asleep in his arms. "Kace?" He called once more after putting Jenna down. He sighed and placed his keys down. The meeting with Kevin had gone pretty well it was just time consuming. AJ went in the kitchen and fixed himself a glass of OJ, not what he really wanted though. He was craving the sweet taste of JD to ease his nerves but he fought against it. suddenly hearing a car pull up in the driveway he made his way to the living room, looking out he saw Kayce getting out with a pizza box and he open the door, taking them from her and gave her a light peck on the cheek. "Hey you."

"Hey." She closed the door behind AJ and followed him to the kitchen. "How was the meeting?" She sighed and took a seat on the counter.

"It went pretty well, better then I had thought it would."

"That's great." She smiled. "How are all the guys? Happy and well I hope?"

"Yeah and can't wait to see you and Jen." He opened the box offering the first slice to Kayce but she declined. "They all had some really good ideals for the next album..." He said in between chews. "Where going to try some different things this time around ya know? Take our time, but it will still be backstreet."

"I'm sure the fans can't wait." Kayce smiled.

"So how was your day?"

"A day I never expected to come." She muttered.

"Why? What happened?" He asked concerned. "Did someone hurt you?"

"No." She smiled. "You look cute when your worried." He stuck his tongue at her.

"Blah." He joked. "Now tell daddy what happened?"

"There are something's I need to tell you about Alex, things about me that no one knows."

"Are they bad?"

"To you? No. But I've had to live with this a very long time."

"Go on." He smoothed her hair gently with his hands.

"Remember when we first met and you had asked me about my family?" He nodded. "Well, here goes, my mother died in a car accident..." His face fell with sadness. "...when Jamie and I where about two."

"Jamie?"

"My sister."

"You have a sister?" She nodded. "Is she hot?" he tried lighting the mode and was happy when she glared at him.

"How would I know?" Against her better judgment smiled, him and women. "She's my sister."

"Aww don't worry hun, you know there's only three women in my life, mom, Jenna and you Kat." She looked at him in disbelief "...I meant..."

"It's ok." She had suddenly lost her voice.

"No, it's not Kacy I..."

"Where's sweetpea?" She asked changing the subject and AJ knew it.

"Upstairs sleep." He studied her as she processed the information.

"I think I'm gonna hit the sack to." She rose and made her way towards the stairs.

"What about what you had to tell me?" He heard a faint never mind as she reached the top of the stairs. He placed his face in his hands. "Good one McLean." AJ sighed and glanced down at her bag and noticed a slight stain of blue on it. "Why is paint on your bag Kace?" He asked himself trying to put two and two together. He smiled after a while. "I'll make this up to you, I promise." AJ put the rest of the pizza away, turned out the lights and went to bed himself. On the way he pasted by Jenna's room to check on her and found her still asleep. "Goodnight Angel."

~*~*~

AJ blinked twice as the morning sun beamed on his face. He rolled over a growled, he was so tired.

"Jenna?" He remembered and jumped up, running around the room throwing things on. He ran to her room but didn't find her. "Kayce!!" He yelled coming down the stairs to find a note on the table closes to the stairs.

Alex, You slept late and I didn't want to wake you so I took Jenna to school today. Don't worry I'll pick her up to, she's on my way. See you tonight, Kayce

AJ sighed and felt his mussels relax. "Their fine." He rubbed his tired eyes and looked in the mirror, slightly laughing at his appearance. He was wearing leopard print pants with one of Kayce's shirts that read diva. "Wow that's tough." He shook his head heading back to his room to get ready.