- Text Size +
“Were having triplets Nick”, Maddy somewhat yelled, getting up and walking away, but I stopped her.

“Ashley, we barely have the time to raise one child, led alone three”, I revealed, making her look at me.

“Nick, I know your accomplishing your dreams right now. Your having the best time of your life. And you have experienced what people would die for, but what about me?” Ashley asked, trying not to cry, throwing me off guard.

“Ashley, what are you talking about? What are you trying to say?” I asked, confused and curious.

“Do you feel that your dreams are gonna be ruined because of these babies?” Ashley asked seriously.

“No not at all. I mean we can do this. I mean were financially stabled. You know money isn't a problem”, I continued, but Ashley cut me off.

“No that's not what I'm trying to say. I mean, Nick, I'm just 19 years old. I have a couple of months left for college until I graduate. I wanted to get a good job, move to Maryland and open up my own business. But my dreams are ruined”, she cried, sitting back down in the chair.

“Why are they over?” I asked confused, sitting down beside her.

“Look at me. These babies are gonna be born before I graduate from college, no one's gonna hire a mother with three children at 19 years old. Remember, I'm going to a technical college. I can't move to Maryland because your dreams are here in Florida, and to me it looks like your gonna complete your dreams no matter what happens. I don't want to live like this. I wanted to get out of here. And my dreams are ruined, I'll admit”, she cried, putting her head in her hands.

I didn't know what to do. Didn't know whether to comfort her or leave her be. I knew her dreams were somewhat ruined and I felt I needed to accomplish mydreams before I could do anything else. I wasn't having just one child, but three. And I had no clue how to take care of three children. I was wealthy, but it this case, that didn't matter. I know, right now I am being selfish. But I have to finish what I started.

~~Present Day~~

“Hey A.J. How are you?” Sharon asked, Ashley's mother, while giving him a budweiser.

“I'm fine. How about you?” He asked, taking a seat at the bar stool and taking a sip of his drink.

“Couldn't complain”, she said, pouring a draft for a customer.

“I see your in charge of this place now”, A.J said, trying to stir up conversation.

“Yup. It pays off working her for 20 years. So now I own the place now”, she revealed, smiling at him.

“oh well that's cool. I haven't been in this bar in forever”, A.J slightly laughed, drinking his beer.

“Yeah, well it hasn't changed much. So what's new with you? Married? Any children?” Sharon asked, looking at him and wiping the counter off.

“Yup. I have two little girls, Lindsey and Taylor. One's three and the other's one”, A.J revealed, looking at her.

“Do you still live around here?” Sharon asked, handing a beer to a customer.

“Yup, just bought a house in Tampa”, he revealed, proudly.

“So how's the music business?” She asked, looking at him and handing him another beer.

“It's over. I'm retired”, he laughed, drinking his beer.

“How's Nick?” She asked, becoming serious and worried.

“Miserable. Ever since Ashley left him and moved he hasn't been the same. He suppose to meeting me here any minute now”, A.J explained, drinking his beer.

“Oh, he's still upset about Ashley leaving him?” Sharon asked, sadly.

“Well, it's not a really good feeling knowing that your “best friend” is pregnant with your kid, especially triplets, and just ups and leaves without saying anything. He doesn't know if he has how many boys or girls, ever meeting them and especially not seeing the woman he truly loved”, A.J explained, hoping Sharon would give up some information about Ashley's ware abouts.

“Speaking of the devil”, Sharon said, watching Nick, take a seat at the bar stool and handing a budweiser as well.

“Hey man”, A.J greeted, patting Nick on the back.

“Hey Bone. Hey Sharon”, he replied, becoming nervous.

“How are you Nick?” She asked, realizing she already knew the answer.

“I'm surviving”, he manage to say, drinking his beer.