- Text Size +
“So hows it feel to be out of the house?” A.J asked, looking at Nick.

“Out of the house?” Sharon asked, confused.

“This man hasn't been out of the house in 10 years,” he laughed, playfully hitting Nick in the arm.

“Wow”, was all Sharon manage to say.

“Do you know how I could get a hold of Ashley? Sharon. I'm begging you. No one would give up any information on her. I need to know”, he said all the sudden, trying not to cry.

“You know what? Why don't you come back in the office in with me. I want to show you something”, she replied, waiting for Nick to join her. A.J followed.

Nick and A.J sat in the chair that was in there. Sharon pulled out a couple of photo and handed them to Nick. A.J looked over his shoulders. A tear escaped Nick's eyes.

“Ashley had triplets, as you already know. She had two boys and a girl. The oldest is Nicholas Gene Carter Jr, but we call him Nicky”, Sharon revealed, pointing him out in the picture. “Next, is Nathaniel Sean Carter, but everyone called him Nate”, she continued, pointing him out in the picture. “And last, is Natalie Anne Carter, but we call her Natty, she's the youngest out of the three. They all have blonde hair and blue eyes, just like you, so there's no denying the're not yours”.

“I know, they all look like you Nick”, laughed A.J, looking at the pictures.

Finally, Nick got to the last picture where Ashley was in it.

“And that's Ashley”, Sharon replied, smiling.

“She's beautiful”, Nick manage to say through tears. “When were these pictures taking?”

“Well, I reciebed these pictures two days ago, but they were taking two weeks ago”, Sharon explained, laughing.

“Can I keep this one?” Nick asked, holding a picture of all three kids and Ashley.

“ Yeah, sure”, she replied, feeling sorry for him.

“They are all 10 in that picture”, she explained, looking at Nick.

“And Ashley's twenty-nine”, Nick said, slightly laughing.

“Gosh, I remember her when she was like twelve”, A.J laughed, looking at her picture. “She's changed a lot. Man Nick, your lucky”.
“Where are they living?” Nick asked, ignoring A.J.

“Well, she had the babies, finished college and moved to Maryland. She bought a house down there and when the kids started school, they moved to Louisiana because the schools down there were bad”, Sharon revealed, looking at the two boys.

“So she's lives in Louisiana?” Nick asked.

“Yeah. She did live in Jarretsville, Maryland, but she moved”, she replied, smiling.

“See, Sarah gave me her number and I tried to call, but I couldn't get no answer. I been trying to find her for years. I knew she lived in Maryland and all”, Nick explained, looking at the pictures again.

“What does she do for a living?” A.J asked, looking at her.