- Text Size +
“Well she was an investor. She had $600,000 saved up. That's how she bought a house in Maryland. Then she worked for this company, but then decided she didn't want to work anymore.. She ended up buying 5 houses in Maryland, one in Tampa, and one in Louisiana, where she is living in now. She rents the houses out”, revealed Sharon, proudly.

“Wow, she must be loaded”, A.J said in amazment.

“Well, she was always very smart. She takes very good of her children”, Sharon said, looking at Nick and A.J.

“Do you think I could have her address?” Nick asked, knowing he waspressing his luck.

“I don't think that's necessary. I mean Ashley's on her way with the kids. The kids have some time off of school, so they're staying here for a week.

“Oh my gosh. When do you think they'll be here?” Nick asked, getting excited.

“Well, they won't get here until tomorrow night. Like around 8pm. They are stopping here first before they go to the house”, explained Sharon. “Why don't you and your family come and eat some crabs tomorrow night so you'll be here when she gets here?”

“Well, I don't want to scare her at first when she comes here. How about you ask her to take the kids to your house, if that's where she staying and tell her to come here. And I'll meet her here”, explained Nick, hoping she'll agree.

“That might actually work. What's tom?” She asked.

“Friday”, A.J said, joining the conversation.

“Oh right. Be here like at 10 pm tomorrow night”, Sharon announced, putting the pictures away. The boys walked back in the bar, Nick knowing he's not gonna be able to sleep tonight.

~~Friday Night~~

~~Ashley's POV~~

I pulled in the parking lot of my mom's bar/ resturaunt. I having been here in years. The kids were just now waking up. It was cold, well what they weren't use too.

“Come on guys. Wake up. Let's go inside and see mum-mum,” I said, putting their jackets on.

The kids got out of the SUV and walked by the door, whiched I held opened for them.

“Ashley!” My mom, Sharon, screamed and gave me a big hug. “Is that my babies?” She gave each child a hug.

I saw old customers that have been coming in for years that I haven't seen in a long time. I gave everyone a hug that I knew. It felt good to be home again. I looked around and spotted my old best friend, Desiree. I went over to her and gave her a big hug and cried from too much excitement.

“Honey, are you gonna hang out this time?” My mom asked me all the sudden, thrwoing me off guard.

“I don't know mom. I don't want to leave the kids alone,” I said, looking at the kids, who were talking to everyone. I smiled.

“Come on honey. You haven't gone out in 10 years. Come on. I'll even have a drink with you”, she said, pratically begging.

“Come on Ashley. I'll come out with you. I'll go with you to take the kids to your moms' and we'll drive back here”, Desiree offered, looking at me with pleading eyes.

“Alright. Kids, say bye to mum- mum and aunt Amber”, I replied, putting the kids jackets back on.

We finally left and the kids, Desiree and I were in my 2004 toyota 4-runner.

“So how you been girl? Desiree asked, looking at her.

“Alright I guess”, I replied, focusing on driving.

“Have you seen Nick lately?” She asked me, knowing she shouldn't have gone there.

“No, I haven't seen him in 10 years”, I replied sadly. I looked back at the kids, they were sleeping. “So how you been?” I asked her, trying to change the subject.

“I'm good”, she replied, looking out the window.

“How's Riley?” I asked her, looking at her then at the road.

“She's good. She's five now”, she replied, smiling.

“How come she wasn't with you at the bar?” I asked her, curious.

“She's with her father for the weekened. I don't trust the bastard. But he gets her every other weekened and on wedesdays”, she replied.

“Is Patrick good with her?” I asked her.

“Yeah. I have to admit. Riley loves him and I don't know why”, she laughed.

We finally dropped the kids off at my mother's. Desiree helped me carry the kids into the house and put them to bed. We unloaded everything out of the truck. Finally we returned to the bar. It was about 10:15 pm when we got there, so the place was packed. We got a table with my sister Amber and a couple of other people and my mom.