- Text Size +
We stared into eachother's eyes until he broke the silence.

“Can I see my children?” Nick asked me, his eyes filled with sadness.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I asked, feeling sorry for him.

“Well I have a meeting at 8am tomorrow morning, but after that, nothing at all”, he manage to say, becoming happy.

“Well... here's my cell phone number. Call me anytime after 11am. Me and the kids are going to the beach tomorrow. I promised them. So you can meet us there or something”, I explained, getting up.

“Thank you”, he replied, walking by my side, both of us going back into the bar.

~~The Next Day~~
(Nick's POV)

I walked in the building where I saw all the guys there, sitting around a big table.

“Hey Nick. How did it go last night?” A.J quickly asked me, not even giving me enough time to settle down.

“It went really great”, I said, smiling at the memory.

“What did you guys talk about?” Brian chimed in, giving me a big smile.

“Well... we talked alone. Mostly about the kids. I'm meeting them at the beach today. I have to call her at 11am”, I quickly said, looking at all the guys.

“What did she look like?” Brian asked, becoming serious.

“To tell you the truth, she looked beautiful. I mean you can't tell she had three children. Her personality hasn't changed a bit though”, I laughed. That was a good thing.

“How so?” A.J asked, looking at me with curiousity in his eyes.

“Well, not once did she think about herself. She didn't talk a lot about herself. But mostly the kids. She never thinks of herself”. I sat down in the chair, with the guys following the same. It was a little after 10 when my cell phone ranged. I was hoping it was Ashley, but I realized I didn't give her my number and a familiar voice came on the phone.

“Hey baby. What are you doing?” Mia, my girlfriend said on the other end of the phone. I never told her about Ashley or the triplets, so I lied to her.

“I have plans today. There's something I have to do”, I said in the phone.

“Aww baby. I wanted to spend some time with you today. I miss you”, she whined like a baby.

“I'm sorry, but I can't cancel. I been waiting almost 10 years for this moment”, I quickly said, but cussing at myself realizing what I just said.

“Why honey. What do you have to do? Can I join you?” She quickly asked, not giving me enough time to think.

“Well, my uncle is in town and I wanna to spend some time with him. I would want you to come, but it's best if you don't. He can be a wierdo sometimes”, I lied, hearing her whine on the other end. She was sometimes annoying though. But I did love her.

“Oh ok. Well tell your uncle I said hi, and I'll call you later on tonight. Have fun. I love you”, she said, slightly giggleling.

“I love you too”, I quickly said, and with that we hunged up. I realized it was a little after 11, so I called Ashley. I memorized her phone number.

“Hello?” A out of breath voice answered.

“Ashley?” I asked, not sure who it was.

“Hey Nick. What's up?” She asked me, a sound of happiness in her voice.

“Are you okay?” I asked, not knowing what to think.

“Yeah, I had to run towards to the phone.

“Oh. So what are you doing?” I asked, trying to make conversation.

“Well... I'm at Sunny Ben Beach. I'm with the kids and my sister Amber.

“Oh ok. Did you want me to meet you there?” I asked.

“Yeah. Um... how far are you away?” She asked me.

“About 20 minutes”.

“Well, were located at the docks and you'll see us because we have a big bright purple umbrella and no one is really here”, she explained.

“Okay then. I'll see you soon”, I said, laughing at her.

“Likewise”, and with that, we hunged up.

I was 20 minutes away, but I was so excited that I made it there in 10 minutes. I looked and saw a bright purple umbrella, just like Ashley described. I took my shoes off and walked through the sand. I walked over and saw Amber laying a beach chair. She looked up at me.

“Hey Nick. What's up?” She asked me, shealing her eyes away from the sun with her hand.

“Um...nothing much. Where's Ashley?” I asked becoming impatient.

“She's in the water with the kids”, she answered, pointing in the direction where Ashley was. She saw us and started walking toward me and Amber.

“Hey Nick. That was fast”, she said. I couldn't I speak. She looked beautiful in her bathing suit. I looked her up and down.

“There was no traffic”, I quickly lied, looking at her.

“Mommy?” A little girls' voice spoke behind Ashley, grabbing for her hand.

“Nick? I want you to meet someone. Nick, this Natalie. Natalie? Do you know who this is?” Ashley asked, bending down and meeting her level.

“Hey there. Do you know who I am?” I asked. I never had been so nervous in my entire life. She knodded yes and quickly wrapped her arms around my neck. I couldn't help but cry. I picked her up and held her tight in my arms. I looked over at Ashley, who was crying as well. All the sudden I heard boys yelling behind Ashley, tugging at her bathing suit.

“Mom! Mom!” The boys screamed, looking at me with confusion.

“Guys, do you know who this is?” She asked them, bending down their level as she did with Natalie.

They both knodded yes. I bent down to their level as well.

“You are Nick and you must be Nate. I am right?” I asked, amking sure of myself.

“Aren't you that dude from...what'ch ma call it...backstreet boys?” Nate said, trying not to laugh.

“Nate! Be nice. Now you know who that is”, Ashley scolded him. Natatlie and Nick laughed.

“Well, you are right about that. But I'm your father”, I said, wiping a tear from my eye, that escaped. They both went straight in my arms. It was the happiest moment of my life. For the rest of the day, we all played in the ocean.