- Text Size +
The sun was falling fast and night was arising. Ashley, Nick and the kids decided to go to chuckie cheezes for dinner. The kids were playing while Nick and Ashley sat at the table.

"I can't believe how big they are", Nick said in amazment.

"Yeah. They all three look like you", she replied, smiling at the kids as they were playing.

"I think you should move back to Florida. To get away from Louisiana", Nick insisted, looking at her.

"Well Louisiana is where the kids life's are. I couldn't do that to them. That's our home", Ashley said, looking at Nick with sad eyes.

"Well what about me?" Nick pleaded.

"What about you Nick? I'm not moving the kids to Florida. Louisiana is where there lives are and who are you to tell me what I should do?" Ashley said, sightly raising her voice.

"Well, did you ever think about me. I would like to be closer to my kids to", Nick said, raising his voice as well.

"Well then you move to Louisiana", Ashley said, calming down.

"No. My life is here", Nick looked at Ashley, then at the kids.

"Well you know what. I'm staying in Louisiana", Ashley yelled, getting up from the table. "You know what, you haven't changed. You've always been selfish and always thought about yourself and no one else".

"Mom, can I have some more tokens?" Nate asked, tugging at Ashley's shirt.

"No honey. Go get your sister and brother. We're leaving", Ashley said, looking down at him.

"Aww, but mom. I want to stay longer", cried Nate.

"I said now", she hollered, looking at him.

"What you do? Piss her off?" Nate said, looking at Nick.

Ashley rounded up the kids things and stormed out of the restaurant leaving Nick behind.

~~3 weeks later~~

~~Ashley's POV~~

I was cleaning the house while the kids were in school and all the sudden I heard a knock at the door.

"Yes?" I answered, slightly opening the door.

'MIss Roberts?" The officer asked.

"Yes? Is something wrong?" I asked. A million things ran through my mind at that moment. I thought something was wrong with one of my babies.

"This is for you", the officer said, handing my an envolope with my name on it.

"Thank you". I closed the door and quickly opened it. It was from Nick. I sat down at the kitchen table and continued to read.

Nick was trying to fight for custody of the kids. I knew I had no worries because I can out smart him, but what really killed me was the custody hearing wasn't for another 3 weeks and in the mean time Nick gets to keep the kids until then.

My whole life came crumbling to the ground. Tears starting pouring out. I knew I had to be strong, but what the hell was I gonna do without my kids. They were like my air. Without them I can't breathe.

I quickly got my shit together and called Nick.

"Hello?" Nick answered quickly, a little out of breath.

"Who the fuck are you to take MY kids away from me. What gives you the right to fight me in court for custody of these kids. I can't believe this Nick. After 10 years...why Nick", I screamed while fresh tears poured out my eyes.

"Well Ashley, I don't mean to hurt you, but I have no other choice. You won't let me see my children, well were gonna let the court take care of it. Take care Ashley". And with that, Nick hung up.

I sat there in disbeleief with the phone still against my ear. My heart sanked. Suddenly I could hear the kids coming in the house.

"Mommy, why are you crying? Natalie asked, crawing on my lap.

"You guys, I have something to tell you", I said, wiping the tears from eyes and staying calm.

"What is it?" Nicky asked, looking confused.

"You guys are gonna stay with your father for awhile", I said, looking at them.

"No mom. I hate him. You can't do this to us? Nate screamed.

"It's just for 3 weeks until we go to court", I said, looking down at the ground, trying to hold my tears back.

"In Florida right? Mom I hate Florida. What about our friends, school? What about you?" Natalie replied, panicking.

"Your dad is trying to fight for custody, but he's not gonna win. You guys will be home before you know it", I said, looking on the positive side.

"Well we will be close to grandmom and all our aunts and uncles", Nicky said as well looking on the bright side.

"This is bullshit", Nate said walking away.

I shook my head agreeing with him, then finally realizing what he said. "Hey watch your mouth".
I tried not to laugh.