- Text Size +
~~Nick's POV~~

I saw the car pull up in my driveway. I knew my kids were in there. I quickly ran outside to greet them. When I got to the car, I notice the kids were crying. I felt even worst. I just hurt the woman I loved, and now my kids.

"Hey guys", I quickly greeted, grabbing some of their bags.

All the kids quickly ran inside not even saying hello. I walked inside the house behind them with their things.

"Wow. This house is huge", cried Nicky, looking around.

"You guys, let me show your rooms", I said walking toward the stairs.

"Why, we won't be here for long", said Nate, angryly.

I just shrugged if off and they all three followed me upstairs. I showed each of their rooms and then we were all in the kitchen.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked them. Three sad faces looke my way.

"Yeah I am", Natalie replied, looking at the boys.

"Can we call mom?" Nate asked all the sudden, throwing me off guard.

I didn't see why not but then again I wanted to spend at least 10 minutes with them without mentioning Ashley's name.

"We'll call her in a little bit, okay?" I said, looking at Nate. I knew he hated me so I knew right away I was going to have problems with him.

"No, I want to call her now!" Nate screamed, running towards the phone.

I didn't know what to do. I knew I couldn't keep him away from his mom.

"Hello?" A voice said on the other line.

"Mom?"Nate said, trying not to cry,

"Oh, honey", Ashley said, starting to cry.

"Mom, I want to come home now", he said, starting to cry as well.

"I know honey. I want you to too. But 3 weeks okay?" She said crying.

"I hated it here", Nate replied, crying still. "Why does this have to happen to us. We were perfectly fine the way the things were".

"I know sweetheart. What are you guys doing? Is he treating you well?" Ashley asked all at once.

"Yeah I guess. But I don't want to be here", he cried.

"Can I talk to your sister or brother?" Ashley asked all the sudden.

"Hi mom", Natalie said, trying not to cry.

"Hi honey. I miss you guys so much. Are you okay?" She asked still crying.

"Mom, why are you crying? We'll be home in 3 weeks", Natty said all the sudden.

"I know honey, but I can't wait that long. I love you so much. Can I talk to Nicky?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah. I love you too", she said, giving the phone to Nicky.

"Hi mom", he said, starting to cry.

"Hey little man. Listen, you take care of your brother and sister and you call me okay?" Ashley said all at once.

"I will. I love you", he said and with that they hung up.

I felt so bad. Listening to their conversation I wanted to cry. I wonder how Mia is going to get along with them or the other way around. I know I'm going to have trouble with Nate. This is going to be a long ride.